+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Bikiy

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
Ok I emailed. Guess I will have to reapply
Prior to March 1, 2021 IRCC was “automatically” issuing time extension notices for an additional 60 to 90 days; it no longer is issuing such notices but it “appears” that IRCC is still taking more time to process some requests. Regardless of the reason for the delay you will receive your file, it just might take longer than originally expected. Once your file is available you will be notified via email and at the same time the status will be updated on the online tracker as well

Reactions: Ayanna

grahs1994

Feb 8, 2021
Prior to March 1, 2021 IRCC was “automatically” issuing time extension notices for an additional 60 to 90 days; it no longer is issuing such notices but it “appears” that IRCC is still taking more time to process some requests. Regardless of the reason for the delay you will receive your file, it just might take longer than originally expected. Once your file is available you will be notified via email and at the same time the status will be updated on the online tracker as well
What’s the online tracker? Can you track GCM?

Bikiy

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
What’s the online tracker? Can you track GCM?
Government agencies like IRCC, CBSA and CSIS are permitted under the Access to Information Act to take a time extension for a reasonable period of time. Extensions are always in addition to the statutory 30 day limit.

It is not possible to expedite the request once it has been submitted to the government agency (the only exception being if you have filed a formal lawsuit against the concerned government agency). Even filing a complaint with the Information Commissioner will not speed up the processing of the request.

Patiently waiting is what we recommend if you have received a time extension notice.

grahs1994

Feb 8, 2021
Government agencies like IRCC, CBSA and CSIS are permitted under the Access to Information Act to take a time extension for a reasonable period of time. Extensions are always in addition to the statutory 30 day limit.

It is not possible to expedite the request once it has been submitted to the government agency (the only exception being if you have filed a formal lawsuit against the concerned government agency). Even filing a complaint with the Information Commissioner will not speed up the processing of the request.

Patiently waiting is what we recommend if you have received a time extension notice.
Ok so I guess you never read any of my post. I have no problem with waiting. And I did not receive any email from them. I applied from last November early for this. But anyways. You don’t worry about it. Got my answer already. As I will reapply. Thank you

Bikiy

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
Ok so I guess you never read any of my post. I have no problem with waiting. And I did not receive any email from them. I applied from last November early for this. But anyways. You don’t worry about it. Got my answer already. As I will reapply. Thank you
I also apply thesame time as you november 3rd to be precise and I have been making research since then.a lady in this forum once wrote I gcms note came 5month after she applied . I am not telling you not to reapply I am only telling you what I read online. Since I am also on waiting time.i am also bothered as you

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Katayoon or @Ayanna do I need to really for GCM like I applied and paid since last year and ntn and everbody has gotten who applied. Is there a number I can call?
Have you responded to the email that sent you confirmation of receipt when you applied? At the bottom, it should say:

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by email at IRCC.ATIP-AIPRP.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.

Sincerely,

ATIP Officer
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

PLEASE QUOTE OUR FILE NUMBER IN ANY FOLLOWING CORRESPONDENCE

We emailed that and notes came in shortly after. You need to keep sending them reminders otherwise your file may be stuck. It applies to every stage of application.

grahs1994

Feb 8, 2021
Have you responded to the email that sent you confirmation of receipt when you applied? At the bottom, it should say:

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by email at IRCC.ATIP-AIPRP.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.

Sincerely,

ATIP Officer
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

PLEASE QUOTE OUR FILE NUMBER IN ANY FOLLOWING CORRESPONDENCE

We emailed that and notes came in shortly after. You need to keep sending them reminders otherwise your file may be stuck. It applies to every stage of application.
Thank you