+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Hello all the experience people
I have a question my friend RCMP is taking almost four months now I wrote them they wrote me the same thing it’s in process is that normal
Anyone please help me or answer my question appreciate it thanks
sorry idk why rcmp delayed certificate
Maybe @scylla or @Bornlucky or someone else answer your question those guys have more experience then me in rcmp or Cbsa

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Maybe @scylla or @Bornlucky or someone else answer your question those guys have more experience then me in rcmp or Cbsa
I saw this but don't know the answer.

There is an RCMP thread over in the CEC section of the forum. @Naz786 it might help if you read through the info there to see what processing times people are reporting.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/rcmp-criminal-record-check.695949/page-55

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Hi, I'll guess that what we're talking about is a post-AIP criminal background check? If this is the case (no pun intended) then 4 months is likely well within the processing times. I don't keep pace with any processing time changes but I'd mention here that I read of a 2 million case backlog for all Canada immigration business lines and that's a staggering amount of cases where a significant portion of those will also require criminal background checks. The RCMP also do background checks for non-immigration related matters, so they're very busy indeed.

When I did know the time frames it was usually 8 to 12 months to have the 3 statutory requirements for landing returned. But I am a dinosaur so some of the advances that have been made with technology or policy changes would be new to me.

Patience, like virtue, is its own reward. Take heart with the understanding on the part of Canada that some people are not worth the expense of removal because they've integrated to Canadian life sufficiently to be welcomed under H&C considerations.

Jjla

Star Member
Nov 23, 2021
You should try and apply for work permit, you can add your AOR and a brief letter explaining your situation and how you need to work to able to sustain yourself , while you wait for the outcome of your Application. You will never know the officer ,that will process your application. Nothing is impossible, it only worth a try. It's possible to restore your status. Best of luck.
Well, what my lawyer told me is that basically you re no entitled to work "legally".... still ...you need proof that you are able to support yourself....tricky
You can still file your taxes with a company you created, a business that tou created.
If you work cash you report that you work to the SIN number you had (it is always link to your file even if it is not active).

Reactions: naaka

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sorry to hear that , but it is not the end of the world, I lost my status years ago and I have a bachelor's degree here.... you can work under the table and believe me it is totally normal to work for cash. You can create your own company and be a business man, you dont need sin for that, there are places where they can change you the checks,example of companies can be cleaning, subcontractors etc....
Another industry is construction. It is well paid and many do not require for you to have legal status. Just will and a good attitude.
Good luck
Would not say that it is totally normal or ok to work for cash especially without status. It certainly happens and the government doesn’t spend a lot of resources going after people working for cash to survive if that this their only issue. Given that someone is checking in with CBSA they are under more of a microscope than others so more risk.

Reactions: Lexus2021

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
I saw this but don't know the answer.

There is an RCMP thread over in the CEC section of the forum. @Naz786 it might help if you read through the info there to see what processing times people are reporting.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/rcmp-criminal-record-check.695949/page-55

Hi, I'll guess that what we're talking about is a post-AIP criminal background check? If this is the case (no pun intended) then 4 months is likely well within the processing times. I don't keep pace with any processing time changes but I'd mention here that I read of a 2 million case backlog for all Canada immigration business lines and that's a staggering amount of cases where a significant portion of those will also require criminal background checks. The RCMP also do background checks for non-immigration related matters, so they're very busy indeed.

When I did know the time frames it was usually 8 to 12 months to have the 3 statutory requirements for landing returned. But I am a dinosaur so some of the advances that have been made with technology or policy changes would be new to me.

Patience, like virtue, is its own reward. Take heart with the understanding on the part of Canada that some people are not worth the expense of removal because they've integrated to Canadian life sufficiently to be welcomed under H&C considerations.
Thank you

Naz786

Oct 23, 2019

thank you so much and make sense
Nowadays everyone excuse is pandemic

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
thank you so much and make sense
Nowadays everyone excuse is pandemic
Thanks Naz,

There's an old joke about immigration to Canada where they don't so much say "no," but rather say "not yet."

If you have AIP then aside from the things that are only available to PRs and citizens you've transcended the hardest part of the whole journey. My advice to anyone who gets landed through H&C is to get their citizenship as soon as possible. The distance from any further immigration interactions is worth it.

terrya

Jan 12, 2020
So I had a meeting this week with the cbsa ,long story short they took my passport and I have too sign on in they're office every Friday,I am not allowed too work and not allowed too return to my home country otherwise I can't apply for the humanitarian visa ,so now I'm completely broke as I gave every last dollar too my consultant and gonna have to leave my nice home as I have no way of paying the rent ,phone bill ,gym everything gonna be a struggle,my sons mom is going to take care of my sons needs while I have top live off food bank and Sikh temples for free food and live on people's couches .I was told I probably have too do this for a year at least until I can get stage 1 approval,depressed.com
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5523-applying-removal-risk-assessment.html

Take your time to read that it will help you because I had someone In your shoes with similar situation.

You have kids in Canada (according to what you’ve said) and you are the father from a foreign country and the mother a Canadian all Ircc wants is the best interest of the child/children because the child /children need their father put all your evidence about abuse for H&C and make sure you're also separated and you’re not in any relationship.

Before you summit your H&C application write FV (FAMILY VIOLENCE) in the envelope before you send it (pepper application recommended) so that Ircc can locate your application on time

If you use a representative I believe he or she will know how to do that but I will recommend you to do it yourself because Ircc are more satisfied by self explanation in this kind of situation in my own experience

Ircc will look into all evidence to make sure they're strong enough for abuse under H&C mark my word and this date worst case scenario they will ask you for DNA/Interview before or after first stage approval

Goodluck

Last edited: