+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Congratulations Naz786 what's your h & c grounds?
Best interest of the child based on previous posts but no other info like whether this was a result of failed asylum claim and how long has @NAZ been in Canada. Whether there were special needs that the child couldn’t receive in their home country.

Reactions: Naz786

Growing pains

Apr 3, 2020
Best interest of the child based on previous posts but no other info like whether this was a result of failed asylum claim and how long has @NAZ been in Canada. Whether there were special needs that the child couldn’t receive in their home country.
Not everyone on H&C are failed refugees.It don’t matter how far he’s been in Canada,whether or not the treatment is available in his home country.The most important thing is he got approved.Period point blank.Why should all that information be made public to complete strangers.Just Congratulate him and move on

LittlePrinc

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
@Naz786 Congratulations to you and your family. I am really happy for you and everyone that gets approved. I can only imagine how it feels.
Would you mind sharing your timeline?
Our application is 27 months already.
Thank you.

• Love

irochka832

Oct 26, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FSW
By email. ECAS still shows my application status as “Application Received”
CONGRATS!!!

Is it possible to receive the AIP but the website status is still Application Received? Was not even changed to In process?

I am nervoulsy waiting to see how our case will come out after almost 23 months of nothing more than just Application Received.

I was waiting to see the status changed to "In process" at least as a first sign of hope. Maybe these days they do not follow these struct rules?

Naz786

Oct 23, 2019
We received your application for permanent residence on December xx 2018.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January xx 2019.
We started processing your application on July xx 2019.
Aip July 2020
I never applied for any refugee asylum , neither do I have any CCB . We always pay our taxes on time .Between both of us , we make over 100k . I have two Canadian born kids . The case was Based on the interest of a child.

SAM Jani

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
We received your application for permanent residence on December xx 2018.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January xx 2019.
We started processing your application on July xx 2019.
Aip July 2020
I never applied for any refugee asylum , neither do I have any CCB . We always pay our taxes on time .Between both of us , we make over 100k . I have two Canadian born kids . The case was Based on the interest of a child.

Congratulations @Naz786

M0527

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
CONGRATS!!!

Is it possible to receive the AIP but the website status is still Application Received? Was not even changed to In process?

I am nervoulsy waiting to see how our case will come out after almost 23 months of nothing more than just Application Received.

I was waiting to see the status changed to "In process" at least as a first sign of hope. Maybe these days they do not follow these struct rules?
In my case, my application moved from Application Received to In Process on April of this year (After almost 23 months) no calls or emails from CIC before that.
Then on May changed again to Application Received.
Finally on June we received the AIP, my application moved to In Process again on ECAS 2 weeks after AIP
I hope you can get positive news soon

refugeeseeker

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Trying to get status update via phone. As I dial in my DOB and press 1, phone call drops. Trying since morning, but puff no luck. Anyone else experiencing same issue?

Last edited:

kial

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
I just called the agent he said your file has been sent to Toronto office. I applied on 2018 oct and still show me in process. I’m confused.

irochka832

Oct 26, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FSW
In my case, my application moved from Application Received to In Process on April of this year (After almost 23 months) no calls or emails from CIC before that.
Then on May changed again to Application Received.
Finally on June we received the AIP, my application moved to In Process again on ECAS 2 weeks after AIP
I hope you can get positive news soon
Thanks for your clarification. Our application moved to In Process just this morning. It has been 23 months of waiting for this moment for us.

Naz786

Oct 23, 2019
I just called the agent he said your file has been sent to Toronto office. I applied on 2018 oct and still show me in process. I’m confused.
Even though I have Aip still my application shows in process It will be in process up to when we get our PR what our lawyer said been in process it means they’re working on your application you will heard soon an answer Hopefully you get positive answer

Reactions: kial