+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C before or after PRRA

RAM88

Oct 14, 2018
Hi everyone,

My refugee hearing was on aug 2018 (negative).my judicial review was on feb 2019(negative).my Q is :_
Can i apply for h&c before or without applying for PRRA?

Thabks

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
You can apply for H&C first if you prefer. No guarantee they won’t remove you before your case is decided. You won’t be able to apply for a PRRA for 12 months from your JR result unless you are from an exempt country.

Last edited:

RAM88

Oct 14, 2018
You can apply for H&C first if you prefer. No guarantee they won’t remove you before your case is decided. You won’t be able to apply for a PRRA for 12 months from your JR result unless you are from an exempt country.
Thanks for your reply

Lovely-Canada

Star Member
Jun 17, 2018
Anyone can apply for prra or only who has been invited for prra?

Reactions: Katayoon

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

My refugee hearing was on aug 2018 (negative).my judicial review was on feb 2019(negative).my Q is :_
Can i apply for h&c before or without applying for PRRA?

Thabks
Hey my cousin is in same situation. He submitted HC before PRRA since 1st stage of HC takes over 1 year nowadays... Just wondering what did you do eventually?

Bobby_786

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Hi
I just got my AiP. After 11 months
Please guide me for stage 2 approval and how long normally take to get ?

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
I just got my AiP. After 11 months
Please guide me for stage 2 approval and how long normally take to get ?
Congrats! At least one more year depending on background checks. They will be in touch to request medicals and other docs, if applicable. Just check your ECAS to watch out for correspondence.

Do you remember how many months after you sent application were you able to check your status online?

Bobby_786

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Congrats! At least one more year depending on background checks. They will be in touch to request medicals and other docs, if applicable. Just check your ECAS to watch out for correspondence.

Do you remember how many months after you sent application were you able to check your status online?
Thanks so much for reply.
Well they ask med in may 2019. Along med I sent my financial documents.
They ask med before AIP.
Online its showing med received. But my lawyer said he received AIP.
So do you think it will take one year or sometime people get quick? Like in 6 months.
And normally when they update online for AIP?
Please reply me in bit more info

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks so much for reply.
Well they ask med in may 2019. Along med I sent my financial documents.
They ask med before AIP.
Online its showing med received. But my lawyer said he received AIP.
So do you think it will take one year or sometime people get quick? Like in 6 months.
And normally when they update online for AIP?
Please reply me in bit more info
I would still aim at 1 year - there will be background checks to do as well so it takes time. But perhaps you will be lucky.
AIP does not show on your status, I believe. You will see it as in process until you pass second stage - then it will become decision made. The only line you might see is « we sent you correspondence on XXX ».

Bobby_786

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Only those who have been informed by CBsA that they are eligible to apply get the application forms and can apply.

Good Morning
Please answer my few questions. I am heaving lots of stress. Please help me...
Q 1 I had sent medical in May 2019 . July 20 ,2019 got AIP. I am under new system or old ?

Q 2 after stage 1 , have you seen somebody got refused on stage 2 ?

Q 3 what they check in stage 2 ?

Q 4 Stage 2 is also difficult or same as stag1 approval?

Q 5 according to your knowledge they might ask for Financial document ? Or what else they might ask?

Q 6 what is GCMS means?

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good Morning
Q 1 I had sent medical in May 2019 . July 20 ,2019 got AIP. I am under new system or old ?

Q 5 according to your knowledge they might ask for Financial document ? Or what else they might ask?

Q 6 what is GCMS means?
Not sure what you mean by old system?

Stage 2 is just a nuisance and a wait unless there is a serious background or criminality issue (terrorism etc.) - this is what they check and could lead to refusal. So AIP is the toughest.

GCMS notes are a print out of notes on your file made by case officers - you can request those to get an additional insight, if you want.

Each case is different - some people get asked additional docs depending on their situation. E.g.those who got deported need to show Departure Certificate etc.

Reactions: Bobby_786

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good Morning

Q 6 what is GCMS means?
BTW your AIP came pretty quick so congrats. Would you mind sharing your current status? Are you are a protected person?

Bobby_786

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Not sure what you mean by old system?

Stage 2 is just a nuisance and a wait unless there is a serious background or criminality issue (terrorism etc.) - this is what they check and could lead to refusal. So AIP is the toughest.

GCMS notes are a print out of notes on your file made by case officers - you can request those to get an additional insight, if you want.

Each case is different - some people get asked additional docs depending on their situation. E.g.those who got deported need to show Departure Certificate etc.
Thanks a lot .
I had AIP on H & C Application. What are the next steps? For stage 2 normally how long does it take?
After AIP do they ask financial document?
Because I submitted all tax and financial before AIP.
I applied of best interest of my child.
I told by many people H&c approval chances are only 5% . Is that true?

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot .
I had AIP on H & C Application. What are the next steps? For stage 2 normally how long does it take?
After AIP do they ask financial document?
Because I submitted all tax and financial before AIP.
I applied of best interest of my child.
I told by many people H&c approval chances are only 5% . Is that true?
You already got AIP so why do you worry about chances for approval? You already made it to AIP and you will be approved unless you have serious criminality issues. Every case is different and there is no official approval statistics.
Please refer to my earlier post for the remaining questions.

Reactions: Bobby_786