Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-12-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
EVERYONE WE GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!! :D ;D :)

Timeline: Mailed my app Sept 26.
CIC received it on Sept 30.
SA received December 31.
COPR received February 29.

SO FREAKING HAPPY. My SA took 3 months, apparently because of a little letter I sent CIC after having sent my application. Apparently causing delay. Ironic because I sent it to avoid any possible delays lol. It was about my checklist; I left all NA items blank rather than writing NA on them. I was cautious and didn't want CIC to return my app on the assumption that I forgot things.

I just want to thank this forum because I would have had a a horribly painful time applying w/o you guys. Just thank you so much. Thank you so much everyone! So happy!!!!

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Congrats SuiGeneris! I seem to remember you were pretty worried about this process.

SuiGeneris

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-12-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
YES. Thank you so much!!! And I would have posted earlier but we didn't officiate it yet. We've been staying together at my parents place in Canada for the last 5 months. :) And CIC mailed my COPR to his parents place in USA. Lol so we had to travel to his parents to get it and pack the car w all his other crap. But sooo dying to get it done! Can't wait to cross the Canadian border and get those papers signed!!

SuiGeneris

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-12-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
canadausa#11 said:
So you haven't been checking ecas for DM?

Or is it a typo, and you got DM Feburary 29th and not COPR.
You know what, I stopped checking the ecas for months because it upset me and made me miserable everytime I'd eagerly check it and nothing. So I don't know when Decision Made was put up on there. :(

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
SuiGeneris said:
You know what, I stopped checking the ecas for months because it upset me and made me miserable everytime I'd eagerly check it and nothing. So I don't know when Decision Made was put up on there. :(
Haha yea that's the approach we took too. Neither of us looked until the COPR arrived.

SuiGeneris

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-12-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Aquakitty said:
Haha yea that's the approach we took too. Neither of us looked until the COPR arrived.
LOL it's the best! I had to stay away from ecas and even the forums because it depressed me and made me too anxious lol. Best approach is to forget about it! :)

canadausa#11

Jan 5, 2016
Yeah thats the approach I'd like to take, but with CIC forgetting to send any SA notification/where my application was going or only having medicals updated after ringing them and asking I feel I got to keep up to date with it.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
canadausa#11 said:
Yeah thats the approach I'd like to take, but with CIC forgetting to send any SA notification/where my application was going or only having medicals updated after ringing them and asking I feel I got to keep up to date with it.
Yea that's important to keep tabs on depending on your circumstances, but our AOR/SA came by email in a timely manner so we didn't really have any reason to check aside from making myself more paranoid.

TracyCa64

Aug 28, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2, 2015
Doc's Request.
Form IMM5409 requested Feb 20, 2016
AOR Received.
Nov 25, 2015
File Transfer...
SA- Dec 10, 2015 ** DM- March 14, 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Rec'd March 18, 2016
LANDED..........
April 16, 2016
SuiGeneris said:
EVERYONE WE GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!! :D ;D :)

Timeline: Mailed my app Sept 26.
CIC received it on Sept 30.
SA received December 31.
COPR received February 29.

SO FREAKING HAPPY. My SA took 3 months, apparently because of a little letter I sent CIC after having sent my application. Apparently causing delay. Ironic because I sent it to avoid any possible delays lol. It was about my checklist; I left all NA items blank rather than writing NA on them. I was cautious and didn't want CIC to return my app on the assumption that I forgot things.

I just want to thank this forum because I would have had a a horribly painful time applying w/o you guys. Just thank you so much. Thank you so much everyone! So happy!!!!
Congrats SuiGeneris!!
I remember your long wait for SA.
I am soo happy for you.

Smiles!!

Vanityfair

Feb 16, 2016
Congratulations suigeneris!

I was looking at everyones timelines, where can i read about the abbreviations? Thanks guys

conniecheng

Star Member
Mar 18, 2016
SuiGeneris said:
YES. Thank you so much!!! And I would have posted earlier but we didn't officiate it yet. We've been staying together at my parents place in Canada for the last 5 months. :) And CIC mailed my COPR to his parents place in USA. Lol so we had to travel to his parents to get it and pack the car w all his other crap. But sooo dying to get it done! Can't wait to cross the Canadian border and get those papers signed!!
sorry ,I am having some address problem. May I ask you did they know that you are living in Canada? or you just put all the address under parent's house in USA that is why they sent it to there?
I am in Canada now but I need to go back to my country so I am thinking is it necessary to change my address or I can just use my Canada address since my husband still in Canada.
Thanks

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
conniecheng said:
sorry ,I am having some address problem. May I ask you did they know that you are living in Canada? or you just put all the address under parent's house in USA that is why they sent it to there?
I am in Canada now but I need to go back to my country so I am thinking is it necessary to change my address or I can just use my Canada address since my husband still in Canada.
Thanks
Are you visa-exempt? The COPR will go to your mailing address, wherever that is. So if you are out of the country and wish to land, you will have to have your spouse mail you the COPR.

If you are not visa-exempt, you will get a passport request at some point, which will probably be for the VO your address is at. Since you can't mail a passport over the border you might have to contact CIC to change your VO for the PPR.

For CIC purposes though, you don't need to change your address.

conniecheng

Star Member
Mar 18, 2016
Aquakitty said:
Are you visa-exempt? The COPR will go to your mailing address, wherever that is. So if you are out of the country and wish to land, you will have to have your spouse mail you the COPR.

If you are not visa-exempt, you will get a passport request at some point, which will probably be for the VO your address is at. Since you can't mail a passport over the border you might have to contact CIC to change your VO for the PPR.

For CIC purposes though, you don't need to change your address.
Thank you for helping.
I have my visitor visa to stay in Canada now and my application is PR in outland. Therefore, my application is processing in Hong Kong now.
I am still in Canada now but I am going back to Hong Kong next week, so I am just wondering is it ok not to change my address, just keep using my canada address. It is not a problem that my husband can mail all the document to Hong Kong. I am just worry that they will set up some interview in Canada in the future and I am not able to attend becasue I will be in Hong Kong

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
conniecheng said:
Thank you for helping.
I have my visitor visa to stay in Canada now and my application is PR in outland. Therefore, my application is processing in Hong Kong now.
I am still in Canada now but I am going back to Hong Kong next week, so I am just wondering is it ok not to change my address, just keep using my canada address. It is not a problem that my husband can mail all the document to Hong Kong. I am just worry that they will set up some interview in Canada in the future and I am not able to attend becasue I will be in Hong Kong
If you get an interview I believe it will be at your VO, not in Canada. So you should be good.