+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

guys help!!procedural fairness letter for non-accompany partner

danbuchner

Oct 24, 2019
Thanks for your attention. Now I have submitted Schedule A, just wait and for good news...
Hi Taytum,

I'm in a similar situation with OWP from my spouse and she's non-accompanying. Did your reply worked out for the immigration?

Can I send you a PM using conversations from the forum? I would like to share my reason to see if is similar to what you've said?

Thanks,
Dan

Reactions: Pgill2609

Chemist@1

Jul 15, 2020
HI EVERYONE,

I meet a big problem and hope you guys can help me out of this. I would be appreciate your any advice

I have received PFL from CIC on September 6, 2019. Just wanted to see if any one has experienced this. Any advice would be appreciated. Below is my time line
CEC Application received on Mar 22,2019
Medical request on May 7, 2019
Procedural Fairness Letter on September 6, 2019

My common law partner and I moved in Canada together on December 29 2017.
Because she holds a student visa, I successfully applied and got an open working visa based on her student visa. Both of ours are valid till June 2020. Thus, before applying CEC, we have already submitted documents to prove our common law relationship and everything went well.

After working a year in Canada, I applied CEC by declaring my partner as a non-accompany partner. I submitted all the documents IRCC needed, but I did not state any reason why i did not take my partner with me to apply EE together.

After waiting about 5 months, I received a procedural letter, the content as flows:

"This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

I'm writing you this letter to express my serious concerns regarding your application. I have concerned that you have incorrectly declare your common law partner as not accompanying and you have not provided any reasons or your intentions are contradictory with the information before me.

It also appears you did not share the same residential address as your claimed common law partner. You were only invited based on Information you declared and an adjustment of your points would mean you would not have been invited in the round of invitation you applied. By declaring your circumstances as you have you gained a material benefit under the act and regulations? please provide all relevant and material Information about why your spouse is considered not to be accompanying you even though they hold a valid temporary resident status to stay in Canada.

Likewise, your current residential address did not match. Please ensure that you update with IRCC any changes in circumstances including address changes.

please provide a new statutory declaration of common law union. IMM 5409.

Proof of cohabitation, no more than 10 pages(utility bills, driver's license insurance documents or policies, mortgage or lease agreement)

I remind you that subsection 41 a of the immigration and refugee protection of I r pa states that a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to our evidence better that includes or could induce an error in the administration of this act. Therefore I'm asking you to submit any additional Information documentation that would align my concerns. You have a teal September 28 20 19 to submit the additional Information using your MyCIC account

I remind you that subsection 40(1)(a) of the immigration and refugee protection Act IRPA states that a “foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that includes or could induce an error in the administration of this act”.

Therefore I'm asking you to submit any additional Information documentation that would allay my concerns. You have until September 28, 2019 to submit the additional Information using your MyCIC account.

If you choose not to respond with additional Information, or if your submission does not allay these concerns, your application may be refused".

Now I have 30 days to submit any document that may satisfy the officer.
I am preparing my document and explaining letter and thinking how to satisfy my officer:

1) My CRS is higher when I apply CEC with only myself so does the officer think I take advantage of this "loophole" to get invited? I understand I shall state the reason why I did not include my common-law partner with me, which i regret I did not do at the first time. But would the officer believe me now? Is it legal to apply without my common law partner? what the good reasons you guys think? Do I need to provide objective documents, which I think is difficult to find....

2) I don't know why my address did not match my partner's. My partner and I are living together when staying in Canada. However, we move our home 4 months ago. I have already asked my agent to update my address. Still do not know why this happen. I will check with my agent again.

3) I can submit the co-habitation documents(driver's license insurance documents or policies and health card) and I guarantee every document I submitted is true. Is there any chance the officer refuse my case and declare i am inadmissible for misrepresentation just because they do not believe my reason for not take my partner together?

4) anything else you guys think I should add to my submission?

I know it's a very long email, but it's my last shot and I am extremely worried now. Thanks everyone in advance.
Hey Taytum,

I received an ITA with non accompanying spouse. Should I mention CRS score is the main reason (this is the fact) for why non accompanying spouse? Please reply ASAP, any comments are appreciated.

Thanks.

shahzeba6

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hi Guys,

I have also received ITA with non accompanying spouse, Did you guys receive your PR? what reasons did you provide for not accompanying? Thanks!

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
@canuck78
Could you share if getting married after COPR expiry is allowed? My friend in India couldn't travel because of COVID issues and his COPR expired in October. He has marriage plans next month. But the confusion is - is it allowed to get married & add spouse to PR application AFTER COPR expiry and inability to travel due to Covid?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
@canuck78
Could you share if getting married after COPR expiry is allowed? My friend in India couldn't travel because of COVID issues and his COPR expired in October. He has marriage plans next month. But the confusion is - is it allowed to get married & add spouse to PR application AFTER COPR expiry and inability to travel due to Covid?
If he got married before landing he have to add his wife in his application. He can’t land without this . Once he gets married submit webform to cic regarding adding partner to his application and he his partner have to undergo through pcc and medical examination. Once it’s done they both will get pr together. Doesn’t matter if the COPR is expired, if he gets married he have to add wife .

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
If he got married before landing he have to add his wife in his application. He can’t land without this . Once he gets married submit webform to cic regarding adding partner to his application and he his partner have to undergo through pcc and medical examination. Once it’s done they both will get pr together. Doesn’t matter if the COPR is expired, if he gets married he have to add wife .
ok, thanks.
I am asking because during pre-Covid times a person had to land before COPR expiry if he was a single applicant. And it was pretty clear that a person had to add spouse to the application if he was getting married before landing.
But now, with Covid, COPR expiry is taking place and IRCC has allowed people to let them know whenever they are ready to travel. But, no where does it mention about changing family composition after COPR expiry. Hence, a bit concerning.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
ok, thanks.
I am asking because during pre-Covid times a person had to land before COPR expiry if he was a single applicant. And it was pretty clear that a person had to add spouse to the application if he was getting married before landing.
But now, with Covid, COPR expiry is taking place and IRCC has allowed people to let them know whenever they are ready to travel. But, no where does it mention about changing family composition after COPR expiry. Hence, a bit concerning.
I know it’s not mentioned anywhere but if you see he haven’t officially landed yet and became pr yet . So in this case he got married and haven’t told cic about that he cannot sponsor spouse in future.

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
I know it’s not mentioned anywhere but if you see he haven’t officially landed yet and became pr yet . So in this case he got married and haven’t told cic about that he cannot sponsor spouse in future.
yes, thanks for your reply :)

Kulvinderkaur

Sep 14, 2019
Please contact me. I feel that would save our time and understand better. Thanks
Please let me know tooo what happened with you. Did you get your pr? I am in same situation and so stressed. This is the only way where i can get some genuine information reagarding what should i do in this case.
Thank you

Rocky Kundu

Sep 15, 2019
Finally my application was accepted and received PR. We all go through this stressed situation. No worries, this is normal for VO. They expect all required information presented in undoubtful way.

Reactions: Princess2020

Kulvinderkaur

Sep 14, 2019
Finally my application was accepted and received PR. We all go through this stressed situation. No worries, this is normal for VO. They expect all required information presented in undoubtful way.
Hi thank you for update and congratulations. I am in the same boat now, I am in Canada and my husband is also in Canada with me. I have filed my case by showing that my husband will non accompany just to increase my score. So what reason you gave to them for non accompanying. and if I non accompany him will I get the 15 points of his family. Please let me know asap. Its urgent.
Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi thank you for update and congratulations. I am in the same boat now, I am in Canada and my husband is also in Canada with me. I have filed my case by showing that my husband will non accompany just to increase my score. So what reason you gave to them for non accompanying. and if I non accompany him will I get the 15 points of his family. Please let me know asap. Its urgent.
Thank you
You can only get points for his family if he is accompanying in your application. If he is non-accompanying, then you cannot claim the 15 points.

As for why you have listed him as non-accompanying, you can simply say the reason is that you get more points if you apply on your own with him as non-accompanying.