+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Guy's don't decide to study in canada untill you read this post..

prakashgupta

Mar 6, 2014
Recently I have observed that more number of Indian students are selecting Canada as their study destination and one of my relatives called me and asked about the studies in Canada. i found that they are mainly concentrating on Earning money rather than study. So according to my personal experience i will suggest please don't come to Canada, choose a better option like Australia/USA/UK for earning money. the main reason is In Canada there is a scarcity of jobs if you are lucky enough to find a job it wont pay you well.
For better example Canada
you are investing 28000 CAD $ per year inclusive of everything (FEE+living+misc)
so luckily if you find a student job they will pay you not more than 10$-15$ per hour
so if you work 30 hrs per week (actually they permit you only for 20hrs)
if you get an average of 12$per hr(occasionally) you can make 1500$monthly
after all these Canada is frozen for at least 3 months at that period the prices of food will hike a little bit
and during this period no one will dare to come out and work.
IT WILL TAKE 19 Months to Get your invested money back
Let us take Australia(this is my friends opinion not mine as i never went there)
In Australia
we can find more number of part time jobs easily available to any one
which pays you around min 16$(a floor cleaner can earn this amount) to 30$ medium skilled worker like petrol bunk worker can get 23aud per hour so if you work 30 hr per week 2800 AUD monthly so if you use 800 aud monthly u can save 2000/month which can be used for next sems fee.
you can easily get a job which pays you more than 6000 to 9000 aud per month after your graduation
PR options are same for Canada and Australia (which you have to score in IELTS rest you can manage easily any way)

like wise in UK also...............u can make more money

in Canada
2 years are wasted studying.
OK somehow you have finished your studies.
Then the main struggle starts you can easily get 3year PGWP but you wont get a job. to get a job you must gain Canadian experience no one will consider you if you are a fresher. so you have to work Voluntarily/internship for at least one year(it can increase if you go core side like electronics,communication,mechanical,mining etc etc but it will be easy for IT/CSE people). again 1 year is wasted from there after you have to struggle to get a job which pays you about 4000-6000 CAD $(MAX)
OK if you manage to get a job in 3 years you are lucky if not you have to spent more to remain there.

i can tell you several odd things but these are the basic(you may encounter Racism mainly if you are in Quebec,and in some parts of Toronto but for north Indians they can manage as they are huge in number crawling on the streets without any work / doing some cleaning/flyer distribution works etc etc...you may have to shift provinces to get PR cause Ontario has the stupidest rules)
after bearing all these you can manage to get PR by minimum 5-7 years according to present situations.
and can earn up to 20L-max 50L in this period

if you want to earn money choose other countries, the is best Australia,UK,USA,Luxembourg, Belgium, France.as i have friends in all those countries am the stupidest person and a fool who come to Canada for earning money now am in a big trap so i have no option.... except wait for PR and move to USA....and also canadian taxing system F****.......

i have written this post on my personal experience and i have observed several persons suffering like me.

so don't dream about making money in canada guys you have to dream only about PR thats it.

saranjeet singh

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prakashgupta said:
Recently I have observed that more number of Indian students are selecting Canada as their study destination and one of my relatives called me and asked about the studies in Canada. i found that they are mainly concentrating on Earning money rather than study. So according to my personal experience i will suggest please don't come to Canada, choose a better option like Australia/USA/UK for earning money. the main reason is In Canada there is a scarcity of jobs if you are lucky enough to find a job it wont pay you well.
you are investing 28000 CAD $ per year inclusive of everything (FEE+living+misc)
so luckily if you find a student job they will pay you not more than 10$-15$ per hour
after all these Canada is frozen for at least 3 months at that period the prices of food will hike a little bit
Let us take Australia(this is my friends opinion not mine as i never went there)
In Australia
which pays you around min 16$(a floor cleaner can earn this amount) to 30$ medium skilled worker like petrol bunk worker can get 23aud per hour so if you work 30 hr per week 2800 AUD monthly so if you use 800 aud monthly u can save 2000/month which can be used for next sems fee.
you can easily get a job which pays you more than 6000 to 9000 aud per month after your graduation
PR options are same for Canada and Australia (which you have to score in IELTS rest you can manage easily any way)

in Canada
Then the main struggle starts you can easily get 3year PGWP but you wont get a job. to get a job you must gain Canadian experience no one will consider you if you are a fresher. so you have to work Voluntarily/internship for at least one year(it can increase if you go core side like electronics,communication,mechanical,mining etc etc but it will be easy for IT/CSE people). again 1 year is wasted from there after you have to struggle to get a job which pays you about 4000-6000 CAD $(MAX)
OK if you manage to get a job in 3 years you are lucky if not you have to spent more to remain there.

i can tell you several odd things but these are the basic(you may encounter Racism mainly if you are in Quebec,and in some parts of Toronto but for north Indians they can manage as they are huge in number crawling on the streets without any work / doing some cleaning/flyer distribution works etc etc...you may have to shift provinces to get PR cause Ontario has the stupidest rules)
after bearing all these you can manage to get PR by minimum 5-7 years according to present situations.

if you want to earn money choose other countries, the is best Australia,UK,USA,Luxembourg, Belgium, France.as i have friends in all those countries am the stupidest person and a fool who come to Canada for earning money now am in a big trap so i have no option.... except wait for PR and move to USA....and also canadian taxing system F****.......

i have written this post on my personal experience and i have observed several persons suffering like me.

so don't dream about making money in canada guys you have to dream only about PR thats it.
Thank you but i have friends in Australia and what they are saying is living expense are too high, fees are too high . And most of my UK friends are deported from UK ( Like Garry Sandhu :p ) . So,dude overall story is that struggle is every where and we have to keep this thing in our mind before going to foreign land. You are very true about your situation but ghar mai baith k ammi k hatho ki roti to nhi kha skte ab saari umar .

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
You should also take into account the new changes... http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-02-12.asp

singh-ak

Sep 18, 2013
zardoz said:
You should also take into account the new changes... http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-02-12.asp
How can we find the designated institution.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
singh-ak said:
How can we find the designated institution.
Presumably, they will publish a list nearer to the time. Otherwise, I guess you find out when you apply.

It might be similar to the one for Off-Campus work permits...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp

singh-ak

Sep 18, 2013
zardoz said:
Presumably, they will publish a list nearer to the time. Otherwise, I guess you find out when you apply.

It might be similar to the one for Off-Campus work permits...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp
Thanks for the reply.

I have already applied for Humber hope they dont remove from the list :)

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
singh-ak said:
Thanks for the reply.

I have already applied for Humber hope they dont remove from the list :)
I'm at Humber and the likelihood of Humber being removed is nil. It's a great college with a great reputation, even on the job market. A freind is a teacher in US and even he said I should count my lucky stars as Humber has a good reputation down there too.

singh-ak

Sep 18, 2013
itstime said:
I'm at Humber and the likelihood of Humber being removed is nil. It's a great college with a great reputation, even on the job market. A freind is a teacher in US and even he said I should count my lucky stars as Humber has a good reputation down there too.
Are you serious as this is the first time that i have got a good review about Humber otherwise i only get bad reviews people claiming this college is as good as any college in India as most of the crowd in this college is desi crowd and also this college has been named 'KHALSA COLLEGE' by indians :p

Btw you are from which course? i have secured admission in IT Solutions program :)

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
singh-ak said:
Are you serious as this is the first time that i have got a good review about Humber otherwise i only get bad reviews people claiming this college is as good as any college in India as most of the crowd in this college is desi crowd and also this college has been named 'KHALSA COLLEGE' by indians :p

Btw you are from which course? i have secured admission in IT Solutions program :)
I am serious. For my job market (not IT) Humber has not just a good reputation but a GREAT one. It's pretty much "Oh, you went to Humber? You're hired.". I know a couple of IT students and they say it's great. Hard work but great.

I know Ryerson has a great reputation but they didn't impress me on their open day. Great facilities, great location but the faculty attitude was all "what can the students do for Ryerson". Judging by my friends here who are Canadian and went to college and uni in the 80's, Ryerson was the same back then. While at Humber the mentality is "what can Humber do for the students".

singh-ak

Sep 18, 2013
itstime said:
I am serious. For my job market (not IT) Humber has not just a good reputation but a GREAT one. It's pretty much "Oh, you went to Humber? You're hired.". I know a couple of IT students and they say it's great. Hard work but great.

I know Ryerson has a great reputation but they didn't impress me on their open day. Great facilities, great location but the faculty attitude was all "what can the students do for Ryerson". Judging by my friends here who are Canadian and went to college and uni in the 80's, Ryerson was the same back then. While at Humber the mentality is "what can Humber do for the students".
Cool thanks a lot for the info :)

It would be great if you could connect me to any of the current folk from my course :D

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You'll get to know them fast enough. Humber runs events for new students at the start of the program. That's how I've gotten to know student from other programs than mine. And we've managed to help each other with our assignments even.

singh-ak

Sep 18, 2013
itstime said:
You'll get to know them fast enough. Humber runs events for new students at the start of the program. That's how I've gotten to know student from other programs than mine. And we've managed to help each other with our assignments even.
Thats awesome but i wanted to know them before landing in Canada as i had some queries regarding the course job prospects etc etc..

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Job prospects is as any other place. It's who you know.

Contact the Campus career center (information on humber.ca) and ask them. They know better than anyone. And DO get them to help you canadianize your CV in to a reusme. I went from being ignored to having responses in 24 hrs after I did that.

William G

Star Member
Oct 20, 2013
prakashgupta said:
In Australia

in Canada

Hi Prakash Gupta,

If you have done so much research on canada job market and studies I hope you should also take a look at Australian Studies and employement status.
People on this forum, just to give you some advice, Please dont listen to people like Prakash Gupta.

Australian education is far more expensive than canada ( ie : approx. 27000 AUD per year.) so if you study for one year you dont get any work visa. You have to pack your bags and come back to your homeland. so if you need two yrs work visa you need to study for 2 yrs ( 27000 * 2 = Approx 55000 AUD) plus 18000 AUD living expenses shown to be in account. ( total of 42 lacs rupees) n u just get 2 years work visa.

Canada has very good options in terms of employment in provinces like Alberta, Manitoba and saks.

Please dont misguide people on this forum. give positive reveiws and not negative ones.

Also clear out your facts and data. they are wrong.

MFAhad

Dec 16, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2014
Med's Request
24-01-2014
Med's Done....
29-01-2014
Passport Req..
Submitted With Application
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2014
William G said:
Australian education is far more expensive than canada ( ie : approx. 27000 AUD per year.) so if you study for one year you dont get any work visa. You have to pack your bags and come back to your homeland. so if you need two yrs work visa you need to study for 2 yrs ( 27000 * 2 = Approx 55000 AUD) plus 18000 AUD living expenses shown to be in account. ( total of 42 lacs rupees) n u just get 2 years work visa.
This is very true. Good engineering universities in Australia will charge u a lot.