File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The answer is actually "it depends". If you applied outland, you are fine to move out. If you applied inland, you must continue living together while the application is being processed. Living together is a requirement of the inland application stream.

Janchor

Apr 25, 2017
Hi there I need some help with my question please.

I am currently in the process of Common Law In Canada Sponsorship and have been residing with my partner for 1 year and 5 months.

If I was to move out of the residence we both currently live in (nothing to do with the relationship at all) just the fact that it's too far from my work commute in a different city.

Would this affect the Common Law Application for us both to be together or can we be living apart where we have resided together for over a year.

Thanks!!
This would definitely raise doubts, especially since your moving out mid way while the application is being processed. As Scylla said, one of the requirements of common law is that you are living together. If would make the officer wonder if there was a break down in the relationship!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
This would definitely raise doubts, especially since your moving out mid way while the application is being processed. As Scylla said, one of the requirements of common law is that you are living together. If would make the officer wonder if there was a break down in the relationship!
Incorrect and that is not what scylla said. Read the post again. A requirement of applying inland is that the couple, whether common-law or married, live together throughout the process.

There is no requirement for common-law applicants to live together while applying. Outland applicants can and do live apart after establishing common-law for many reasons, such as employment; it isn't suspicious and will not make the officer think the relationship has broken down.

Janchor

Apr 25, 2017
Incorrect and that is not what scylla said. Read the post again. A requirement of applying inland is that the couple, whether common-law or married, live together throughout the process.

There is no requirement for common-law applicants to live together while applying. Outland applicants can and do live apart after establishing common-law for many reasons, such as employment; it isn't suspicious and will not make the officer think the relationship has broken down.
Yes my apologies you are right its when your applying inland!

lukeaidan97

Feb 26, 2017
Newfoundland, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/04/2017
AOR Received.
05/05/2017
Ah okay that's great thank you for answering my query! I understand that it would lead to doubts been made even though it was for a reason which doesn't concern my relationship at all. I heard before that Outland could live apart so I wasn't sure for Inland.