Waived off
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
5/8/2014
LANDED..........
20/08/2014
Impresso said:
I like your profile name 'nojobexperience' - You would be reducing your chances in finding a job without ANY experiences in IT. Do you have any certification ? Which field in IT would you suit yourself in ?

If by consultants you mean recruiters - then yes some take a small amount of money and some will take a cut from your pay - but at the end of it, they look certain key elements in a person and their past experience, to find them a suitable job .
Hi,
I have about 6-7 Certifications in IT security and Data Forensics and had part time experience in india. So will be it a advantage for me after my PG diploma in IT Security to find a job

Softdev00

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I want to thank Impresso for opening such thread. I have planned to immigrate to Canada next year if I find a job. I live in Finland. My main goals are to get a job in my field and to immigrate to Canada permanently. I work currently as software developer and very soon I'm hitting first year in experience in my field :). To keep this short, I would like to ask few questions:

1. What would be good way to search for an IT job in Canada?
a) by travelling to Canada and searching IT jobs when you have arrived there OR
b) by searching for IT jobs while I'm outside Canada?
2. Would it be good enough to have at least one year experience in software development if I'm looking for entry-level jobs?
3. If I get a job would it be easy for my family to immigrate with me?
4. Could you give important advice(s) on how to search for IT jobs in Canada and what should be take into account? (I mean with important advice, an advice that can significantly increase the chance of getting a job)
5. Would it be good idea to work first 1-2 years in Canada with temporary working visa and then immigrate to there permanently after that period?

smithakj

Jul 29, 2014
I'm a Software engineer and have 6+ years experience in my field . Now i plan to move to Ottawa. Is it possible to find a job from management side with my IT experience as i need a change in my job profile . Is it mandatory to complete a MBA to find a similar job?

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
gagsgk said:
Hi,
I have about 6-7 Certifications in IT security and Data Forensics and had part time experience in india. So will be it a advantage for me after my PG diploma in IT Security to find a job
Certifications are always a plus - but part time job exp will not fly. You may consider doing a short diploma course in Canada and most of the institutes help students in job placements. But keep in mind these are mostly entry level jobs

As long as you can get your foot through the door, and gain some experience, a lot more doors of opportunity will open

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Softdev00 said:
Hi everyone,

I want to thank Impresso for opening such thread. I have planned to immigrate to Canada next year if I find a job. I live in Finland. My main goals are to get a job in my field and to immigrate to Canada permanently. I work currently as software developer and very soon I'm hitting first year in experience in my field :). To keep this short, I would like to ask few questions:

1. What would be good way to search for an IT job in Canada?
a) by travelling to Canada and searching IT jobs when you have arrived there OR
b) by searching for IT jobs while I'm outside Canada?
2. Would it be good enough to have at least one year experience in software development if I'm looking for entry-level jobs?
3. If I get a job would it be easy for my family to immigrate with me?
4. Could you give important advice(s) on how to search for IT jobs in Canada and what should be take into account? (I mean with important advice, an advice that can significantly increase the chance of getting a job)
5. Would it be good idea to work first 1-2 years in Canada with temporary working visa and then immigrate to there permanently after that period?
Hello softdev00,

Firstly this thread is open to all members who would like to share and guide fellow members to find a job in IT.

1. You can search jobs on popular websites like monster.ca , glassdoor.com and linkedin.com, you would want to send in resumes, tweeked to individual requirements. If you are in Canada, you can do the same but also take advantage of Recruiting companies or local referrals

2. Some exp is better than nothing, not sure how Canada values exp from finland, but European exp may have some advantage. You always want to have the attitude to grow if given the oppurtunity

3. One of the requirements to sponsor after you are in canada is that you should have some sort of income - but if you are applying as Skilled Immigrant, I would suggest to look into the forum for specific threads.

4. Linkedin is usually a very common place where an Employee may want to see your profile. You want to keep in professional and avoid using just big words but rather talk about your accomplishments and how it brought value to the company

5. I personally dont see the difference on working temp then move permanently - if you just want to test the waters, then sure. But you need to decide what is important for you first.

Hope this helps.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
smithakj said:
I'm a Software engineer and have 6+ years experience in my field . Now i plan to move to Ottawa. Is it possible to find a job from management side with my IT experience as i need a change in my job profile . Is it mandatory to complete a MBA to find a similar job?
Not mandatory to have an MBA, but always wise to have Management Experience or some sort of Leadership Role. Would be a little difficult to directly jump into management without showing prior experience.

Softdev00

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Impresso said:
Hello softdev00,

Firstly this thread is open to all members who would like to share and guide fellow members to find a job in IT.

1. You can search jobs on popular websites like monster.ca , glassdoor.com and linkedin.com, you would want to send in resumes, tweeked to individual requirements. If you are in Canada, you can do the same but also take advantage of Recruiting companies or local referrals

2. Some exp is better than nothing, not sure how Canada values exp from finland, but European exp may have some advantage. You always want to have the attitude to grow if given the oppurtunity

3. One of the requirements to sponsor after you are in canada is that you should have some sort of income - but if you are applying as Skilled Immigrant, I would suggest to look into the forum for specific threads.

4. Linkedin is usually a very common place where an Employee may want to see your profile. You want to keep in professional and avoid using just big words but rather talk about your accomplishments and how it brought value to the company

5. I personally dont see the difference on working temp then move permanently - if you just want to test the waters, then sure. But you need to decide what is important for you first.

Hope this helps.
Hi Impresso,

Thanks for reply. I'm going to search from those websites as well. I have gone through employment course here in Finland where they teach you how to get a job, how to prepare for interview, what are good questions to ask from employer during interview, how to tweak your CV so that it looks really professional and so on. Even though they provided valuable information, I still wanted to make sure that if some of that knowledge I gained there about CV's and interviews could also be applied in case of Canada.

Software development has been my hobby for over 3 years now but I have only had one year experience, because working is different than doing own projects at home. One thing that I'm very happy is that I have learned so much about this industry in my first year and this is definitely the industry that I want to do in future and eventually become professional in to. That's why I'm working all the time to become better software developer.

I think Finnish education is highly valued in the world because they are also known of high education level. Nokia was established here but it's not hot name like it used to be. However the level of software developers is usually high. There are many learned software developers, architects and so on. But yet I feel I want to have some international experience and also I would like to live in Canada because it has more opportunities in business and in life in general.

Thank you for your advice about Linkedin profile. I think that if I get permanent job offer from there I would immigrate there permanently and immediately when I get the chance with my family. Reason why I want to stay there for 1-2 years in work is because I wanted to know the work life there and life in general. If it would be good country to live then move permanently there. That was my goal.

NewtoPR

Jun 3, 2014
kantesai said:
Could you please throw some light on SAP jobs in GTA.

I have an overall 8+ years of SAP Functional experience. I worked with various clients in CANADA/UK/Belgium. I currently hold Candaian PR and would like to move to canada in 1st week of SEP.
###################

Try to explore you chances first based on your PR status from india itself.....reason without canadian exp its very diffcult for recuriter to move ahead and its all consulatncies here.....

I had seen people coming on PR and not having canadian exp suffered a lot getting anything...
explore all the possibilites through linkedin

vengaty

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/14
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
02/09/14
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10/09/14
VISA ISSUED...
soon by gods will
LANDED..........
soon by gods will
mrbeachman said:
No one will hold your hand and guide you to find a job. Especially no one on this forum where jobs in IT are already scarce for natural born Canadians with experience.

The bolded part also sounds very unprofessional. You can not be taken seriously as a candidate like this.
True words Bro :)

Nobody is here to babysit

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Voyager2014 said:
Folks

Can anyone guide me the CCIE Voice market in Ca.
Unfortunately I do not have a lot of Friends in the Voice Market - Perhaps some other members maybe able to shed some light. Have tried to look into some of the Tech Sites like NetworkWorld to gauge an idea on whats going on in North America ?

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Softdev00 said:
Hi Impresso,
Thank you for your advice about Linkedin profile. I think that if I get permanent job offer from there I would immigrate there permanently and immediately when I get the chance with my family. Reason why I want to stay there for 1-2 years in work is because I wanted to know the work life there and life in general. If it would be good country to live then move permanently there. That was my goal.
Hello Softdev00 - Well said and i am glad that you are sticking to your passion and making a living out of it. All the best with your plans and let us know how things go.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
NewtoPR said:
###################

Try to explore you chances first based on your PR status from india itself.....reason without canadian exp its very diffcult for recuriter to move ahead and its all consulatncies here.....

I had seen people coming on PR and not having canadian exp suffered a lot getting anything...
explore all the possibilites through linkedin
Good Advise - Indeed Without Canadian Exp - it is difficult(not impossible) of recruiter to move ahead.

surajps

Aug 13, 2014
Heyyaa.....
I am an IT professional with the following profile:
8+ yrs Exp. on RTOS, C/C++, Linux, Embedded. Have worked with US based MNC's and German MNC.

My PR visa is under processing stage (submitted to consulate @ start of Aug under NOC:2173)

I do know that it is hard to find a job.
But still, anyone have any idea about the job scope in IT firms on a profile like mine ??
if so, it would be of great help to get an idea for myself.... :)

miloslj

hy,

I have bachelor degree in IT, and about 6 months of experience in web design and network administration, and I will have finished CCNA course, and I hope certificate. I am in process of sponsorship by my dad. I wont when I go to Canada to work in any company as IT person, mostly on network and system administration.

my question is can I find any IT yob (preferably not programming) that I can live in canada independently.

thanks.