20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Impresso said:
Unfortunately kantesai - I am not well versed with SAP - perhaps senior member dealing with SAP could answer you questions better.

All I have heard from a few friends is, if you are an SAP Developer - you makes 6 Figures Easy. Have you looked into posting from linkedin or monster.ca ?
We have several SAP professionals in where I work. Six figures are reserved for managing roles/sales. Of course some very savy SAP devs get that kind of money but first of all the company must want you, that is usually they are recreuited by head hunting.

SAP is not booming that much in the West, safest bet in the East and mainly in Quebec. Needless to say there are lots of SAP profesionals all over the place.

victor_7jan said:
Hi All,

I am from India. I am an aspiring immigrant for Canada. I have a total of 6.5years of IT/ITes experience. I have completed my Bachelors of Engineering program in distance learning. Currently I am working as a Senior Software Engineer in one of the reputed IT Companies in India (leader in e-payments industry) with an International Client headquartered in US. I do hold a very good command over English language.

Is there any way anyone can help me get a job in Canada? If not, can anyone show some ray of hope somehow?
Indian experience is not that valuable in Canada (offshore teams have VERY bad reputation). That said neither is Indian education. So the best bet is to aim for junior/entry roles.

The more Canadian education/experience you have the better.

victor_7jan

Jul 29, 2014
Hi Newtone,

Thanks for your time and suggestions..Really appreciated.

I have done some changes to my profile and will be doing more soon. But, someone in IT field will definitely know what Big Data & Hadoop is so its not irrelevant I am sure about.

Let me know more what you think..

Thanks again!

Summi

Jul 12, 2014
Hello All,

I saw this blog of all IT people. I have 9+ years of experience in IT (Java/J2ee/AWS) and canadian visa aspirant.
How is IT job market in Canada? One of my friend told that we may need to struggle for 6+ months and do some kind of training before applying for job.

Please confirm if it is difficult to get job in canada as I will travelling with my family.

Thanks in advance.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Confirmed. It is difficult to get a job in Canada. Now please come here soon

Jul 22, 2014
Sir,
1. I have no certifications as of now but will work on them if you can guide me
2. I think i'm ready to work in any field in IT depending on the demand there. I will get certifications accordingly
3. The recruiters you were talking about, do i have to come to Canada and then approach them? I don't mind giving away my salary for the first few months as long as i have a job
Thanks a lot for helping me out Sir, really appreciate it!!

mrbeachman

Oct 24, 2011
nojobexperience said:
Sir,
2. I think i'm ready to work in any field in IT depending on the demand there. I will get certifications accordingly
3. The recruiters you were talking about, do i have to come to Canada and then approach them? I don't mind giving away my salary for the first few months as long as i have a job

No one will hold your hand and guide you to find a job. Especially no one on this forum where jobs in IT are already scarce for natural born Canadians with experience.

The bolded part also sounds very unprofessional. You can not be taken seriously as a candidate like this.

aav

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Hello
I have total 11 years work exp, 8 years in client server (Powerbuilder and Oracle) and very recently last 3+ years in salesforce development.

I am drawing a very decent salary in India, moving base to Canada for my son's future.

What salary can I expect? And which locations should I target for job hunt? I plan to land there in mid 2015.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aav said:
Hello
I have total 11 years work exp, 8 years in client server (Powerbuilder and Oracle) and very recently last 3+ years in salesforce development.

I am drawing a very decent salary in India, moving base to Canada for my son's future.

What salary can I expect? And which locations should I target for job hunt? I plan to land there in mid 2015.
Please read the statement above your comment. If you require translation an any language kindly seek professional help

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
aav said:
Hello

It all depends.... powerbuilder and oracle are quite common in Canada, sales needs contacts to be valuable, and your experience is non-Canadian so at most it can be considered like 5 years (that being optimistic).

Entry levels are around 55k, so a little higher than that for the first years.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
nojobexperience said:
Sir,
I would recommend that you pick a line that interests you and work on your skills in that field. Your best bet would be to prepared before you come to Canada and hunt for jobs.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Summi said:
Hello All,

I saw this blog of all IT people. I have 9+ years of experience in IT (Java/J2ee/AWS) and canadian visa aspirant.
How is IT job market in Canada? One of my friend told that we may need to struggle for 6+ months and do some kind of training before applying for job.

Please confirm if it is difficult to get job in canada as I will travelling with my family.

Thanks in advance.
There is def a period of struggle upon arrival - Hence you must be prepared and also to keep in mind, that all Indian experience may not be valued.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
newtone said:
Please read the statement above your comment. If you require translation an any language kindly seek professional help
Newtone - There is no need to belittle any members in this forum. Everyone is free to share positive experiences and encourage one other. Hope we can set some examples here.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Jalex23 said:
It all depends.... powerbuilder and oracle are quite common in Canada, sales needs contacts to be valuable, and your experience is non-Canadian so at most it can be considered like 5 years (that being optimistic).

Entry levels are around 55k, so a little higher than that for the first years.
I would agree on Jalex23 that entry levels are around 55K !

alwagdy76

Jul 12, 2007
yemen
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nojobexperience said:
Thanks a lot sir, could you tell me if it's possible to find a job without prior experience in the IT sector, also should i look for consultants that can find me a job?