+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Guarantor for Citizenship Photos

shirazam

May 6, 2017
Fellows,

I understand from Canadian Citizenship Photos specs doc that signature by a guarantor on back of photos is NOT required. However the photos I have from UPS has a placeholder for "Guarantor". Its perhaps due to the stamp/template they use both citizenship and passport photos.

Wanted to ask if I should keep it blank (on gurantor placeholder) and submit the application OR get it signed by a guarantor and then submit?

Objective is of course to make sure (as much as possible) that application package isn't returned by IRCC.

Please advise? Get signature or just submit without one?

Thanks.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Fellows,

I understand from Canadian Citizenship Photos specs doc that signature by a guarantor on back of photos is NOT required. However the photos I have from UPS has a placeholder for "Guarantor". Its perhaps due to the stamp/template they use both citizenship and passport photos.

Wanted to ask if I should keep it blank (on gurantor placeholder) and submit the application OR get it signed by a guarantor and then submit?

Objective is of course to make sure (as much as possible) that application package isn't returned by IRCC.

Please advise? Get signature or just submit without one?

Thanks.
For Canadian citizenship applications, no signature is required. The stamp you are talking about is only for the Canadian passport application. I think they shouldn't have used it on your case. There is another stamp that shows the studio details and date only.

Reactions: snoopyta

rizingphoenix

Star Member
Dec 29, 2021
I know this post is a bit old but even the photo studio i had gone too had posted a section which mentions guarantor signature column. So should i leave this blank or should i have someone fill it up.

Would it be a red flag if i leave it blank. Please advise

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
I know this post is a bit old but even the photo studio i had gone too had posted a section which mentions guarantor signature column. So should i leave this blank or should i have someone fill it up.

Would it be a red flag if i leave it blank. Please advise
If you look at the instructions at the emd of the application form, you'll notice instructions regarding getting your guarantor to sign the back of one of your photos.

My guarantor signed the back of my photo. There was also a line (that the photo studio had stamped) saying that the photo was a true likeness of me.

rizingphoenix

Star Member
Dec 29, 2021
If you look at the instructions at the emd of the application form, you'll notice instructions regarding getting your guarantor to sign the back of one of your photos.

My guarantor signed the back of my photo. There was also a line (that the photo studio had stamped) saying that the photo was a true likeness of me.
Please can you provide a link to where it is specified. This is the link i am reffering too https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/citizenship-application-photograph-specifications.html.

Over here no where i can see the term gurantor being mentioned

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Please can you provide a link to where it is specified. This is the link i am reffering too https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/citizenship-application-photograph-specifications.html.

Over here no where i can see the term gurantor being mentioned
Oops! My bad! I wrongly assumed that you were talking about the passport photos.

I just realized that you were in fact asking about photos for your citizenship application.

Apologies!