+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GSS Work Permit Application TEER1

Ash_91

Jan 31, 2023
No updates...for u?
My spouse and kid got medical status updates on Feb 1st..mine is not updated.
How abt your medical status
I have asked for an update from the team which filed the application on behalf of me,Yet to get any update

khawar Abbasi

Feb 21, 2023
Hi I'm looking security guard job in Canada. Now i am working as a security guard job ( united security group) in UAE please assist me how i can get permanent work permit

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi I'm looking security guard job in Canada. Now i am working as a security guard job ( united security group) in UAE please assist me how i can get permanent work permit
This is a thread on GSS for high skilled workers. No such thing as permanent work permit. Security job is not skilled.

Apply for jobs on Canadian job sites like Indeed. You need a job offer and your employer needs to file for and pay $1k for a LMIA. The LMIA shows that no Canadian or PR could be hired, only you. Then with LMIA, you apply for a closed work permit. For the permit, you show that you are experienced to do the job.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
You have no prospect of PR or even obtaining a temporary work permit based that occupation. It's an easy, unskilled job that even my mother could do.

priyapkai

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Has anyone applied for work permit from Dubai with GSS recently? I'm planning to start my LMIA exempt workpermit application which also qualifies under GSS. Current timelines shows 39 weeks but the company lawyer in Canada says with GSS it would be 8 to 13 weeks. Anyone who can weigh in on that please. Thanks.

beenish001

Jan 17, 2020
Hi,I am applying for Closed work permit from India along with my wife who is getting open work permit and we are applying together and below are the timelines
Upfront medical Test -24th dec 2022
Application submitted and confirmation -23rd Jan 2023
Biometric request letter generated from IRCC -24th Jan 2023
Biometrics submitted -30th Jan 2023

Mine is LMIA exempt and qualify for GSS and the employer has already submitted an offer of employment using the employment portal and paid the fees as well.

Kindly let me know the timelines for next steps like passport submission and work permit approval as in website it states as 2 weeks processing.Thank you
Hi,
I applied for workpermit under GSS on 29 jan 2023, got my medical passed on 19 Feb, i dont need biometric because two years back i was woring in canada. Since 19 feb 2023 i havenot heard anything back from IRCC. its frustating

beenish001

Jan 17, 2020
Hi,
I applied for work permit under GSS.
Submitted application: 29Jan2023
Passed medical: 19feb 2023
Biometric not requires was in canada before two years.
Since then no update :(

sergedest

Dec 9, 2022
Hi,I am applying for Closed work permit from India along with my wife who is getting open work permit and we are applying together and below are the timelines
Mine is LMIA exempt and qualify for GSS and the employer has already submitted an offer of employment using the employment portal and paid the fees as well.

Kindly let me know the timelines for next steps like passport submission and work permit approval as in website it states as 2 weeks processing.Thank you
What are your views on this? Is it worth of giving a try or does raising a webform make any negative impact on my profile??

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2023

Hey, what was the timeline for you? When did you receive the PPR?

RAD0707

Mar 16, 2024
Hi All,

Please share some insight if you have experience.
I am trying to gather some idea on the timelines for the Work Permit Processing.

Work Permit GSS application (LMIA Exempt - ICT): Applied on 14 March 2024
Biometrics: 21 March 2024
Country of application: India

Would really appreciate if I can get some guidance. How long will it take?

Thanks.

jean2257

Mar 27, 2024

Any update now? Have you received it?

RAD0707

Mar 16, 2024
Hi All,

Please share some insight if you have experience.
I am trying to gather some idea on the timelines for the Work Permit Processing.

Work Permit GSS application (LMIA Exempt - ICT): Applied on 14 March 2024
Biometrics: 21 March 2024
Country of application: India

Would really appreciate if I can get some guidance. How long will it take?

Thanks.