+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GSS Work Permit Application TEER1

Ash_91

Jan 31, 2023
Hi,I am applying for Closed work permit from India along with my wife who is getting open work permit and we are applying together and below are the timelines
Upfront medical Test -24th dec 2022
Application submitted and confirmation -23rd Jan 2023
Biometric request letter generated from IRCC -24th Jan 2023
Biometrics submitted -30th Jan 2023

Mine is LMIA exempt and qualify for GSS and the employer has already submitted an offer of employment using the employment portal and paid the fees as well.

Kindly let me know the timelines for next steps like passport submission and work permit approval as in website it states as 2 weeks processing.Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,I am applying for Closed work permit from India along with my wife who is getting open work permit and we are applying together and below are the timelines

Mine is LMIA exempt and qualify for GSS and the employer has already submitted an offer of employment using the employment portal and paid the fees as well.

Kindly let me know the timelines for next steps like passport submission and work permit approval as in website it states as 2 weeks processing.Thank you
Processing hasn’t been two weeks in years since before Covid. Spouse may not be processed at the same time. Ask your question under Foreign Workers.

VChintu

Jan 31, 2023
Hello
Closed Work permit application
Submission date :- 24-dec-2022
Biometrics:- 29 -dec -2022
Biometrics got updated on the same date.
Profile shows that Application is still under process
No update after that. Applied at visa office London. So no medicals asked
Processing time shows 7 weeks. When can my review start? Can anyone help me to get an idea?
Or should i raise a webform??

Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello
Closed Work permit application
Submission date :- 24-dec-2022
Biometrics:- 29 -dec -2022
Biometrics got updated on the same date.
Profile shows that Application is still under process
No update after that. Applied at visa office London. So no medicals asked
Processing time shows 7 weeks. When can my review start? Can anyone help me to get an idea?
Or should i raise a webform??

Thank you.
Is this for GSS/high skilled. Not sure what a webform will do if not GSS.

Ash_91

Jan 31, 2023

Okay..thanks for the reply,My NOC code is 21221 which is in TEER 1 category and the application was submitted online and outside canada,can you let me know the overall timelines

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022
Okay..thanks for the reply,My NOC code is 21221 which is in TEER 1 category and the application was submitted online and outside canada,can you let me know the overall timelines
I got my WP approved in 2021 in under 20 days

My application was submitted on 31st may 2021 and I got my PPR on 8th June 2021. I got my passport back with the W1 Visa and Approval letter by June 16th 2021.

It was NOC code 2173 under IMP/GSS. My application was submitted inside Canada. There are no fixed timelines unfortunately. Since you submitted the biometrics on 30th Take 2-3 weeks from that date. The processing starts when you submit your biometrics.

van2023

Jan 31, 2023
Hi everyone, i need helo and clarity. I am applying for a lmia exempt work permit and my job falls under TEER 1. I qualify for the GSS program however i do not find where to indicate to be considered under GSS . While filling the form there was no option to select GSS as the category i wish to apply with. Can anyone help with information on how to get my application to be submitted under GSS. Much appreciated

Vamsi chintu

Jan 30, 2019
Is this for GSS/high skilled. Not sure what a webform will do if not GSS.
I am thinking to raise a webform to request an update regarding my visa application as the processing time Mentioned in the website been crossed . What are your views on this? Is it worth of giving a try or does raising a webform make any negative impact on my profile??

Vamsi chintu

Jan 30, 2019
I got my WP approved in 2021 in under 20 days

My application was submitted on 31st may 2021 and I got my PPR on 8th June 2021. I got my passport back with the W1 Visa and Approval letter by June 16th 2021.

It was NOC code 2173 under IMP/GSS. My application was submitted inside Canada. There are no fixed timelines unfortunately. Since you submitted the biometrics on 30th Take 2-3 weeks from that date. The processing starts when you submit your biometrics.
Congratulations … on that !!
I applied on IMP as-well , processing time on website was 9 weeks when I submitted my application , then after a week it was changed to 7 weeks , now it is showing 10 weeks (updated on 1 feb 2023) i am very anxious as there is no update on my application and the status is still under processing !
my Noc code is 11201 and as per website my job comes under Teer 1 and my employer paid the fees to IRCC. Do i come under GSS??

Anbu2023

Feb 3, 2023

Have you got the medical result updated?
Even I completed biometrics on 30th Jan 2023 along with my spouse and kid.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Congratulations … on that !!
I applied on IMP as-well , processing time on website was 9 weeks when I submitted my application , then after a week it was changed to 7 weeks , now it is showing 10 weeks (updated on 1 feb 2023) i am very anxious as there is no update on my application and the status is still under processing !
my Noc code is 11201 and as per website my job comes under Teer 1 and my employer paid the fees to IRCC. Do i come under GSS??
Processing times can still be up to a few months with GSS.

Sularbaba

Star Member
Feb 8, 2023
I am thinking to raise a webform to request an update regarding my visa application as the processing time Mentioned in the website been crossed . What are your views on this? Is it worth of giving a try or does raising a webform make any negative impact on my profile??
They would simply tell you to be patient