+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Great trouble by choosing ICM Manitoba

Kevin Shah

Nov 17, 2018
I am completed my 12th and had scored 7 Bands in IELTS. Now I had give application in International college of Manitoba and University of Regina. As offer letter of Manitoba come faster I had paid fees. Then two month later my friend told that there are 22 students from India who where withdrawing their program from ICM Manitoba and transferred to another university and some students returned to India. I had also offer letter of Regina but this letter come very late. So now if ICM is not good then I have to change the college either Regina or any other college. My visa had already came. Now what should I do? If I change college then work permit will be cancelled or not ? Also the ICM Manitoba come in the news in CIBC news for misleading the students they even did not get transfer the students to University of Manitoba. Also I had not taken math in 12th so there is math prerequisite. If I transfer then my work permit would be cancelled. So pls what I do? Some told me that ICM is money making and private company which target the international students for money ? Help me

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You can change colleges no problem, nothing will get canceled. To change schools you just need to do it in your myCIC account.

Reactions: Immstu

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
I am completed my 12th and had scored 7 Bands in IELTS. Now I had give application in International college of Manitoba and University of Regina. As offer letter of Manitoba come faster I had paid fees. Then two month later my friend told that there are 22 students from India who where withdrawing their program from ICM Manitoba and transferred to another university and some students returned to India. I had also offer letter of Regina but this letter come very late. So now if ICM is not good then I have to change the college either Regina or any other college. My visa had already came. Now what should I do? If I change college then work permit will be cancelled or not ? Also the ICM Manitoba come in the news in CIBC news for misleading the students they even did not get transfer the students to University of Manitoba. Also I had not taken math in 12th so there is math prerequisite. If I transfer then my work permit would be cancelled. So pls what I do? Some told me that ICM is money making and private company which target the international students for money ? Help me
Sound advice from Bongoman.

With 7 band in IELTS, your English is all over the place lacking basic grammar.

Ameer Haram

Nov 23, 2020
Hey, which degree you applied for? Ive also got 7 bands and got into ICM.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey, which degree you applied for? Ive also got 7 bands and got into ICM.
This is a garbage school and a complete waste of money. Did an agent suggest you apply there?

You won't qualify for a post graduate work permit once you finish your studies.

Pick a different school.

• Haha
Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo

Ameer Haram

Nov 23, 2020
Why is that? I searched for universities and my Maths score was low. So i had a chance to take UTP1 Math and then start my second year of university at UOM

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Why is that? I searched for universities and my Maths score was low. So i had a chance to take UTP1 Math and then start my second year of university at UOM
You won't qualify for a PGWP after you finish your studies here.

Ameer Haram

Nov 23, 2020
Thankyou for your response, I’ll look into it and do you have any idea about visa approval if i go with ICM? Will i face problems or something

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thankyou for your response, I’ll look into it and do you have any idea about visa approval if i go with ICM? Will i face problems or something
I told you in a another thread that the school is private and has no ties to the U of M. Going there is not a path to U of M. Apply directly to a university.

Reactions: Ameer Haram

absarahmad

Apr 14, 2024
yes you are right but if you transfer into uofm then definitely you will be eligible for work permit you require 2.0Cgp..
now i also apply for utp stage 2 bachelor in science my previous study also science if i also attached good ties strong sop then have ang chance for visa approval

absarahmad

Apr 14, 2024
yes you are right but if you transfer into uofm then definitely you will be eligible for work permit you require 2.0Cgp..
now i also apply for utp stage 2 bachelor in science my previous study also science if i also attached good ties strong sop then have ang chance for visa approval

absarahmad

Apr 14, 2024
sir i have done 12th with 60% pte score 64 then i appiled for bachelor of science my previous study also about science
if i attached CA worth report and business approval and handsome amount of income and give strong sop to visa officer then any chance for visa approval
please tell me about visa approval rate of icm through utp stage 2

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
sir i have done 12th with 60% pte score 64 then i appiled for bachelor of science my previous study also about science
if i attached CA worth report and business approval and handsome amount of income and give strong sop to visa officer then any chance for visa approval
please tell me about visa approval rate of icm through utp stage 2
When did you apply? How old are you?

Reactions: absarahmad