Waived Off
Passport Req..
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2013
LANDED..........
18-12-2013
uing

Please go ahead. You are eligible for Open WP and you dont need to leave your job. If you have left your Job, you can talk to your employer .about it ..

uing

Star Member
Jan 4, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2012
AOR Received.
10/30/2012
IELTS Request
sent along with the application
Hi bahadur30,

Hi Islington,

But my PGWP has already expired, so i don't know at this point what i should do, because i just sent the restoration of status application on December 13 to extent my status as a visitor and it arrived yesterday december 17 at vegreville. Some guys said i can restore my status as a worker instead of as a vistior and apply for the new open WP.

do you think this is possible, any advice will help, thank you again

uing

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
uing said:
My situation is, i just applied a restoration of status on the 13 and extent and change my status to a visitor because as far as i know to restore to become a worker a still need an LMO for WP.

So at this point because the new rules apply, do you think i should cancel my extent as a visitor status instead change it to extent as a worker and apply for open WP since i've got my AOR already since October.
I dont want to steer you the wrong way, and this is only my opinion, but if you have an AOR and you were on an open work permit, why not restore your status back to worker and apply for the bridged open wp. Seems more logical to pursue the same avenue as before versus adjusting status to a visitor - the decision being leveraged against the possibility of overstay, available funds and other such factors.

leebee

Dec 7, 2012
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2012
AOR Received.
08-12-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
18-12-2012
Passport Req..
25-03-2013 (RPRF fee request only; visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
29/04/2013
LANDED..........
11/05/2013
This is excellent news. I knew they did this with BC PNP but I am happy to hear they will now do this for CEC as well. Awesome! :D

lanzie

Jun 23, 2008
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12.Oct.12. Payment Taken: 5.Nov.12
AOR Received.
2.Dec.12
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
This is great news for many and it makes me very happy!! :)

For my personal situation I would like some clarity because based on the material that I have read I am uncertain about the following:

My work permit expired Nov 20th and my job was one which required an LMO. I decided to leave Canada as I did not want to complicate my process with changing my status to a visitor for a few months as I will be returning to work most likley March 2013. Now I understand that one of the criteria to be eligible for this type of WP is that you must be in Canada, but there also another criteria stating that you must have already made an application for a WP.

My question is am I eligible for the open work permit even though I am not currently in Canada but will be applying for one in January? Secondly is eligibility only for persons you have reached the "decision" stage in the CEC application process? I have only received my AOR. Lastly my employer is already in the stage for an LMO, will this still be required if I am indeed eligible for the open WP?

It's a bit technical, hopefully I explained well enough..

Thanks in advance!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

lanzie said:
This is great news for many and it makes me very happy!! :)

For my personal situation I would like some clarity because based on the material that I have read I am uncertain about the following:

My work permit expired Nov 20th and my job was one which required an LMO. I decided to leave Canada as I did not want to complicate my process with changing my status to a visitor for a few months as I will be returning to work most likley March 2013. Now I understand that one of the criteria to be eligible for this type of WP is that you must be in Canada, but there also another criteria stating that you must have already made an application for a WP.

My question is am I eligible for the open work permit even though I am not currently in Canada but will be applying for one in January? Secondly is eligibility only for persons you have reached the "decision" stage in the CEC application process? I have only received my AOR. Lastly my employer is already in the stage for an LMO, will this still be required if I am indeed eligible for the open WP?

It's a bit technical, hopefully I explained well enough..

Thanks in advance!
The first line of your post says it all. You have to be in Canada, your not, so it doesn't apply in your situation.

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
lanzie,

In order to be eligible for the bridging open wp option, you must in canada, on an open work permit already and have an AOR or a confirmation of a positive decision on your pr application. Your permit must be expiring within 4 months - meaning it cannot be a new permit nor an expired one.

You would not be eligible since you are not in Canada and your permit has expired. The AOR you hold would qualify you, as stated below, but the 2 conditions listed before have already disqualified you. The last condition simply implies that the candidate must lodge an application versus that he is automatically entitled to one.

The foreign national is currently in Canada; (negative)
They have valid status on a WP that is due to expire within 4 months; (negative)
They have received a positive eligibility decision on their PR application under one of the Economic Class programs above; and (positive)
They have made application for an open WP. (negative)

**Solely constitutes my opinion, which is not professional. One should always seek advice from CIC, immigration consultants or lawyers for the most accurate/relevant information. Does not represent legal advice under any circumstance.

Best of luck in your January application!!

lanzie

Jun 23, 2008
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
2.Dec.12
IELTS Request
Thanks guys...

PPM. you mentioned in your reply that in order for a candidate to be eligible for an BOWP that they must already be on an open work permit however in the eligibility parameters it states: They have valid status on a WP that is due to expire within 4 months;

Was this a typo? I couldn't find anything specifically indicating that the candidate has to be on an open work permit to meet eligibility.

Thanks in advance.

shells

Nov 14, 2012
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
I'm trying to apply for this open work permit thing and have some questions about the form.. I've just emailed the question@cic.gc.ca and hope for an answer soon.. but meanwhile I'm just throwing it out here to see what seniors say about them. I'm now working through the Post-Graduate Work Permit Visa.

I'm filling in cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5710E.pdf -

Under the following items:
Page 1 - First Section #3:
Should I select:
1) Work permit with the same employer OR
2) Temporary Resident Permit or Extension of Temporary Resident Permit OR
3) Both?

Page 3 - Details of Intended Work in Canada:
Even though I'm applying for the Bridging Open Work Permit, do I still need to fill in this section?
Note: I DO NOT HAVE A LMO No.

It also says as part of the Application - that one of the forms is Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM 5409). I submitted that when I applied for CEC.. not sure if I need to resubmit a new one again?? Things have not changed since I last submitted it.

shells

Nov 14, 2012
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
lanzie said:
Thanks guys...

PPM. you mentioned in your reply that in order for a candidate to be eligible for an BOWP that they must already be on an open work permit however in the eligibility parameters it states: They have valid status on a WP that is due to expire within 4 months;

Was this a typo? I couldn't find anything specifically indicating that the candidate has to be on an open work permit to meet eligibility.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Lanzie,

You do not qualify. In case you are confused, the word "due to" means within the 4 months period BEFORE it expires - not after. You mentioned that your work permit already expired on November 20th. Technically, within 4 months means anytime between July to November. However, it only came into effect on December 15th, 2012 (which is a little too late for you), so you do not qualify.

Besides, you are not in Canada at the moment.

Islington

Jan 18, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi shells,

I have completed the application as follows:

- Work permith with the newemployer for my spouse as he will not contnue wrking with the same employer once an open wp will be issued
- Work permit with the same employer for me as I will continue workin for the same employer...

HOWEVER, it think it does not matter at all at this situation...

- I have left t 3rd page bank, inteded work in Canada..

I HAVE A QUESTION AS WELL, PLEAS CLARIFY:

- The same application package needs to be submitted as the regular exension of wp, only to state tht it is for bridging wp
-where do we have submit the application in paper format? ALBRTA OR OTTAWA????

lanzie

Jun 23, 2008
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
2.Dec.12
IELTS Request
Hi Shells,

Thank you. I understand this, I'm sorry that I did not specifically state as I did not want to cause any confusion or repetitiveness. My only query was whether or not the criteria is solely for applicants on open work permits as PPM indicated in his reply. This I found confusing since I could not find any supporting literature.

Thanks in advance one again.

shells said:
Hi Lanzie,

You do not qualify. In case you are confused, the word "due to" means within the 4 months period BEFORE it expires - not after. You mentioned that your work permit already expired on November 20th. Technically, within 4 months means anytime between July to November. However, it only came into effect on December 15th, 2012 (which is a little too late for you), so you do not qualify.

Besides, you are not in Canada at the moment.

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
Islington said:
I HAVE A QUESTION AS WELL, PLEAS CLARIFY:

- The same application package needs to be submitted as the regular exension of wp, only to state tht it is for bridging wp
-where do we have submit the application in paper format? ALBRTA OR OTTAWA????
Islington,

According to the guide IMM 5553 - reference to change of conditions - you would be sending the app to Vegreville AB. If you look at the manual, it specifies that the receiving office for both new and extension apps is Vegreville. Hope that helps..

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5553ETOC.asp#5553E7