Grant of Citizenship fees paid over 90 days ago

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
Hi

I had applied in Sep and paid my citizenship fees at that time and my application package was returned as incomplete. I am now resubmitting with a new application since the last application was signed over 90 days ago. Can I still use the same proof of payment? Or do I need to pay again and request a refund for the earlier payment?

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
txboyscout said:
Hi

I had applied in Sep and paid my citizenship fees at that time and my application package was returned as incomplete. I am now resubmitting with a new application since the last application was signed over 90 days ago. Can I still use the same proof of payment? Or do I need to pay again and request a refund for the earlier payment?
Since you are applying new your payment receipt should also be new (current) commensurate with your application date.Furthermore, an application is identified with the payment receipt, therefore, a payment which is more than 90 days old may create complicacies and should be avoided.

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I beg to differ. This is a personal experience of mine, the same kind of situation as the OP. I did use the old receipt and never paid a second time. CIC didnt raise any issues. Please use the old receipt, your application was returned back to get it completed. That itself doesnt constitute as an application successfully processed and a decision made. So technically you're still with the same application processing instance. You can confirm with a CIC agent if you want. But Im pretty sure you dont have to repay. Repaying is like throwing off your money in this case.

FL1040

Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
txboyscout said:
Hi

Not at all, my application was returned once because a document was missing and the letter enclosed said that if I re-sent the application with all the documents no new fee was needed...if I wanted to withdraw the application I would get a refund. I sent the application again with all the documents and it is being processed.

Highlander2014

Dec 11, 2013
CanuckForEver said:
I beg to differ. This is a personal experience of mine, the same kind of situation as the OP. I did use the old receipt and never paid a second time. CIC didnt raise any issues. Please use the old receipt, your application was returned back to get it completed. That itself doesnt constitute as an application successfully processed and a decision made. So technically you're still with the same application processing instance. You can confirm with a CIC agent if you want. But Im pretty sure you dont have to repay. Repaying is like throwing off your money in this case.
This is correct. I have a similar experience. You'll be fine, and you do not need to pay again.