+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Grant DF Club

canada449

Star Member
Jun 30, 2023
Does everyone has to give fingerprints? IRCC already has my fingerprints from my PR application.

Also I heard that Canada makes some security checks from our country of origin by sending letter to regarding department of our country of citizenship. This may be 3rd party check they are talking about. Some counties may take longer to respond. For example countries like Afghanistan does not have reliable government so it may be so long to process security for people from Afghanistan. Those who stuck at Grant DF, what are your country of origin? Maybe related to that.

Reactions: Anonyref

hemeda2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Hopefully, they will start processing your application once you have your fingerprints taken. By the way, my new application is marked as urgent , and although they've acknowledged it as such, it seems to be progressing as slowly as a regular application, if not more so
Thank you.
I hope so, I also think it's too late for new application, even if I gave up I will use it to get all notes I can for future.

acknowledged it as such, it seems to be progressing as slowly as a regular application, if not more so
Did you have Test or LLP or BC complete in ur first application? why did you withdraw first one

hemeda2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Does everyone has to give fingerprints? IRCC already has my fingerprints from my PR application.
for me this is 2nd time, but even this is based on the officer, no everyone get 2nd time.

Also I heard that Canada makes some security checks from our country of origin by sending letter to regarding department of our country of citizenship. This may be 3rd party check they are talking about. Some counties may take longer to respond. For example countries like Afghanistan does not have reliable government so it may be
I don't think they are allowed to ask any think from government or country of origin about protected persons it will put a lot of people life and their family living at home at risk by exposing your location and it's a serious issue.

Those who stuck at Grant DF, what are your country of origin? Maybe related to that.
Hard to know exactly, people won't tell here due to privacy because I noticed recently this forum is public meaning and all posts archived by Google.
But I have seen grant df cases from people from countries other than middle east and Africa

canada449

Star Member
Jun 30, 2023
I don't think they are allowed to ask any think from government or country of origin about protected persons it will put a lot of people life and their family living at home at risk by exposing your location and it's a serious issue.
My friend who worked at intelligence service in my country of origin told me when he applied for canadian citizenship, intelligence service received a letter about him from Canada asking if he is clear and member of any terrorist organization etc. He told me Canada sends letter for everyone. He was aware because his old colleagues informed him. He was refugee in Canada. Probably thats why some CSIS ATIPs are redacted.

hemeda2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
My friend who worked at intelligence service in my country of origin told me when he applied for canadian citizenship, intelligence service received a letter about him from Canada asking if he is clear and member of any terrorist organization etc. He told me Canada sends letter for everyone. He was aware because his old colleagues informed him. He was refugee in Canada. Probably thats why some CSIS ATIPs are redacted.
Sad :( first time I know this

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
Thank you.
I hope so, I also think it's too late for new application, even if I gave up I will use it to get all notes I can for future.

Did you have Test or LLP or BC complete in ur first application? why did you withdraw first one

Nothing, I waited nine months only to receive a cancellation letter due to an alleged lack of physical presence days, but it was their mistake. I responded, and they apologized, then they created a new application for me and marked it as urgent, according to what they said.

Reactions: Jalalcananda

hemeda2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
I heard that if you withdarw the application while they are investigating something (even if it some bureaucratic procedure), they might not finalize the withdrawl until they finish the investagtion or it will have some sort of affect on your application. If you passed the 15 months you can try to get your MP involved and keep bothering them to get you an answer.
That's true.
I am now 17 Months approaching the 18th.
My MP Marci ien, office is empty closed, Email auto-reply, phone on answer machine tried 150+ times no response she has 2 positions I think too busy , in Google reviews every one is cursing them. Now I understand why voting carefully is very important :D

Copy from CP 13 Policy Administrations (2010) about Cancel/Withdraw citizenship application

The Citizenship Act does not specifically address a situation where an applicant decides to

voluntarily withdraw their citizenship application. However, because the citizenship legislation

does not constrain the applicant's discretion to withdraw their application, CIC policy is to permit

the applicant the opportunity to withdraw their application should they decide it is in their best

interest to do so. Since it is the applicant who may decide to withdraw their citizenship

application, at their discretion, citizenship officials should generally avoid recommending that an

applicant withdraw their application to avoid the perception that the decision to withdraw was

influenced or made for the benefit of CIC or citizenship officials.

In general, unless the applicant no longer wishes to become a Canadian citizen or continue to

pursue their application, the applicant does not benefit from withdrawing their application. An

applicant who withdraws their application loses the right to appeal a decision. Whether an

application is withdrawn or non-approved, the client is refunded the $100 Right of Citizenship fee.

By withdrawing, the applicant loses an opportunity to be counselled in an in-person setting on

when they will be eligible to apply, and also forfeits the opportunity to have their application

assessed against the legislative requirements, which may help the applicant identify areas where

the applicant is weak and could be better prepared for the next time they apply.

It is possible that an applicant is not aware that withdrawing their application is an option which

provides a solution in particular circumstances. Therefore, there may be situations where CIC

officials may suggest a withdrawal, such as in the following circumstances:

• the applicant informs the citizenship office that they will not be available to pursue their

application and will continue to be unavailable for the foreseeable future (e.g., for the next six

months or longer);

• the applicant has changed their mind about becoming a Canadian citizen (for example, the

applicant has just realized that they will lose their current citizenship, or they no longer wish

to give up their current citizenship).

9.4. General rules for grant and proof withdrawals

An applicant can withdraw an application for any reason and at any time before the person

becomes a citizen by taking the oath of citizenship.

Withdrawals of applications must be done in writing either by using the appropriate withdrawal

form, or by sending a letter to citizenship authorities requesting withdrawal of the application.

Withdrawals on behalf of minors must be done by a parent or legal guardian. If the concerned

minor is older than 14, the minor should countersign the request for withdrawal, if possible.

Before returning the file to CPC Sydney for file retirement, review the file to assess if it needs to

be referred to Case Management for review under Section 29.

• Haha
Reactions: adbcca

hemeda2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Nothing, I waited nine months only to receive a cancellation letter due to an alleged lack of physical presence days, but it was their mistake. I responded, and they apologized, then they created a new application for me and marked it as urgent, according to what they said.
But you applied 2nd time from SCR, I would go to outside Ontario Calgary/Edmonton, never seen any app from there that has grant df stuff :D or grant pr status

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
But you applied 2nd time from SCR, I would go to outside Ontario Calgary/Edmonton, never seen any app from there that has grant df stuff :D or grant pr status
I didn't apply again. IRCC just created a new application for me, and all the applications are in Montreal, but the first one was stuck in Sydney from the beginning and never made it to the local office.

hemeda2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
I didn't apply again. IRCC just created a new application for me, and all the applications are in Montreal, but the first one was stuck in Sydney from the beginning and never made it to the local office.
Wow, if they're capable of creating a whole new application from their end like this, why not just update the current one status,
Sydney also notorious for its bureaucratic black hole, had me in limbo for 8 months. Seems like even stepping outside Ontario's boundaries doesn't dodge the bad luck.

• Sad
Reactions: adbcca

missmari

Mar 28, 2023
One of my notes in GCMS is redacted. it says under 22(1)b - Law enforcement and investigation. Does it mean my file is under investigation? I never done anything wrong.

hemeda2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
One of my notes in GCMS is redacted. it says under 22(1)b - Law enforcement and investigation. Does it mean my file is under investigation? I never done anything wrong.
I think every applicant get this 22(1) you'r not alone, for me they mentioned 22(1)a, 22(1)b they wrote in email :whatever applicable.