+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Grant DF Club

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
If I'm not sure ,I won't post it and confirmed it.

However, if you doubt it, it's your call, I don't have to give u a proof buddy!

Wish the best to all , as I'm involved in that DF too.
Tbh we are all wondering cause according to some posters, some IRCC agents said it’s “Decision Finalized” and an IRCC agent told me that this is internal information and he “can’t disclose that with me”.

so since it’s 100% “derogatory flag” can you share how you got to know that?

Reactions: nabd1

RESCUE EAGLE

Star Member
Aug 3, 2023
Hi Ryan,
Unfortunately, DF ,stands for derogatory Flag,
And it's means that you're still waiting for something.
I'm in the same spot with you guys, I'm not happy to say that and honestly I felt so down and frustrated when I knew that, but it is what it is, all what we can do is practice the patience, as even those DF has dead line to be finalized, unless if you where able to find out why ur file is DF , then you can justify your situation to the ircc through webform.
I wish I had better definition for it but!
And if u still wondering from where I got it , just think a little, where do u think I will get it from ? , it must be from its source....IRCC!

Let's be optimistic, yes it takes longer , but it ends as well.

Best of luck to all of you.

Tbh we are all wondering cause according to some posters, some IRCC agents said it’s “Decision Finalized” and an IRCC agent told me that this is internal information and he “can’t disclose that with me”.

so since it’s 100% “derogatory flag” can you share how you got to know that?

Last edited:

OMG_Citizen

Dec 9, 2023
App. Filed.......
02/08/2023
AOR Received.
13/09/2023
My Background is completed at 24 October after fingerprint is received by 23 October, LPP is still in progress at tracker account but "not started" in GCMS notes.
However, I got 2 ghost updates at 27 October and 20 December on my tracker.
My first GCMS is ordered at 27 November and got 8 December. During that timing, my location is "E-Grant DF". Also, it shows they checked my entry/exit information to Canada at 18 December after ordered at 11 December. I think 20 December ghost update was about it. And, at first page on first lines under created date, it shows updated date is 2November for my application.

I have a friend and our process has similar deadline and backgrounds etc, his status is "E grant Ceremony DF" and his LP is completed, Prohibitions is still in progress from 2November.
I think we already got the citizenship, they just want to make us wait much with some reason we do not know or based on our home countries, names, status etc.

Each week I have ordering a new GCMS notes to see if anything is different. I'll update if any changes on GCMS or tracker.
Today,6 February, I got new update LP is completed but system shows it completed by 2 February. I ordered my weekly GCMS to see any changes.

Reactions: RESCUE EAGLE

hemeda2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
I still think it's Deferred as I mentioned few months ago or derogatory flag as folks mentioned in other comments.
but seeing such update
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/june-2023-citizenship-applications.804495/post-10747716

In notes section I can see a note from 15th Jan 2024:
TEXT: OUTCOME OF REVIEW
Comments: grant ready
Outcome of Review: Decision Ready
NEXT PROCESSING STAGE
FILE TO: Grant DF
Office: Scarborough Citizenship Operations

give me hope it's not very bad after all,
another positive (but sad) side I start to notice a lot of people stuck here and they are increasing, maybe something new they are trying.

anyway it's a matter of time before someone stuck in Grant DF fed up take them to Fedral court and force them to reveal the real notes / meaning behind it.

uy-scuti

Star Member
Apr 25, 2023
I still think it's Deferred as I mentioned few months ago or derogatory flag as folks mentioned in other comments.
but seeing such update

give me hope it's not very bad after all,
another positive (but sad) side I start to notice a lot of people stuck here and they are increasing, maybe something new they are trying.

anyway it's a matter of time before someone stuck in Grant DF fed up take them to Fedral court and force them to reveal the real notes / meaning behind it.
I do not think Grant DF is something bad at all. What does the comment grant ready mean?

Reactions: hemeda2

CanadaSC

Jan 24, 2024
As you speak about DF
My note officer received and same position
According my note officer every thing is update and completed and no issue
It’s waiting for office
I think this DF is Decision Finalize
But
We should be waiting higher officer again check our application
My GCMS note

My Note officer receive today.
Do you have any idea?

( Created Date: 2023/12 / 21
Updated Date: 2023/12 / 21
Restricted: N
Label: General
Text: ROUTINE FILE REVIEW
Type of Application : Digitized
Problem Address: N/A
Prohibitions Questionnaire : None declared
RCMP Clearance : Valid
Foreign Police Certificate : Not Required
Condition 32: N/A
PR Status /PR Card: Has Valid PR Card
Debt to Crown : N/A
ID Verified : Valid and on file
Knowledge : Passed
Language evidence : Yes On file - Acceptable
Language verified : Passed
Physical Presence verified : Yes No concerns
NPR Verified : Verified
Gap in PPT during RP : Extended waiver
Gap in Address during RP: Extended waiver
Gap In Employment during RP : Extended waiver
OUTCOME OF REVIEW Comments : Outcome of Review : Decision Ready holding on direction
NEXT PROCESSING STAGE
FILE TO : Grant DF
Office : Scarborough Citizenship Operations)

RESCUE EAGLE

Star Member
Aug 3, 2023
As you speak about DF
My note officer received and same position
According my note officer every thing is update and completed and no issue
It’s waiting for office
I think this DF is Decision Finalize
But
We should be waiting higher officer again check our application
My GCMS note

My Note officer receive today.
Do you have any idea?

( Created Date: 2023/12 / 21
Updated Date: 2023/12 / 21
Restricted: N
Label: General
Text: ROUTINE FILE REVIEW
Type of Application : Digitized
Problem Address: N/A
Prohibitions Questionnaire : None declared
RCMP Clearance : Valid
Foreign Police Certificate : Not Required
Condition 32: N/A
PR Status /PR Card: Has Valid PR Card
Debt to Crown : N/A
ID Verified : Valid and on file
Knowledge : Passed
Language evidence : Yes On file - Acceptable
Language verified : Passed
Physical Presence verified : Yes No concerns
NPR Verified : Verified
Gap in PPT during RP : Extended waiver
Gap in Address during RP: Extended waiver
Gap In Employment during RP : Extended waiver
OUTCOME OF REVIEW Comments : Outcome of Review : Decision Ready holding on direction
NEXT PROCESSING STAGE
FILE TO : Grant DF
Office : Scarborough Citizenship Operations)
DF is not a bad thing ( in another word , you finished 80% of your file processes despite LPP still in process (or not started in the ATIP notes, as they trun all to green in one day usually)but as I understood from long conversation with IRCC agent , is that the officer having ur file is done from his side , however he is still waiting on reportcheck or respond from one of ircc partners to finalize the file.
That partner could be Candaian Borders (entry/exit )., police , intelligence department, court..etc.
( My last ATIP notes says " waiting for partner response."
The only issue is that it means more time ( delay until that concern is cleared),
But as mentioned, at one stage, they have to finalize it.
ATIP notes , give a clearer view to applicants of what's going on in the files.
It is recommended to apply for it to get more accurate updates.

Just practice patience, folks.
It will come to the end one day.

What I noticed too is that IRCC is now trying to finish files within the 15 months time line and more likely 1 year ( 12 months).

Best of luck to all

Last edited:

Tamiou

Feb 5, 2021
So last month I received my gcms note in french and my location was e-octroi IP. This month I received them again, in English this time, nothing change and my location is E-grant DF. So this DF in English stand for some IP in french. And I don't think it's decision finalize.