+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Grandparent Sponsorship Income Question

trini_ac

Star Member
Apr 16, 2014
Hi Everyone,
I received an invitation to sponsor my parents. I meet the income requirement for the year 2020, however, I am short of $2500 for the year 2019 and $1500 for 2018.
Is there any way I can change my tax returns? Does child tax benefit is counted as income?

We are a family of four (Me, my wife, and 2 kids), if I sponsor my parents the total members will be 6 for the income requirement right?

Thank you in advance!
Thanks a whole lot I could have had that spot since I actually qualify. People like you are what's wrong with the world. Selfish and inconsiderate. I hope that IRCC starts banning people like you from being able to apply in the future

Df.Set

Apr 26, 2020
Actually this sort of thing has been going on since 2017 for all the lottery draws. There is no way for IRCC to verify the NOA LICO income when they submit the ITA. In 2017 when it first came out it was even more ridiculous. Anyone with an email address even if they are foreign nationals could take part in the lottery!
That's the gov side ! I'm talking for the people that ... i don't know how to explained it ..imagine
You go Timhortons You take place to the line that is long and is time to buy something and YOU DONT HAVE MONEY!!!
and you still trying to buy something without money!

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
That's the gov side ! I'm talking for the people that ... i don't know how to explained it ..imagine
You go Timhortons You take place to the line that is long and is time to buy something and YOU DONT HAVE MONEY!!!
and you still trying to buy something without money!
Well if you look at the news today you will see this sort of self centred behavior everywhere.

And if you work on the frontline you will know this happens all the time!

Nobody cares about other people anymore. And if you have a system that does not punish people for selfish behavior they will just go about doing what they want to do.

IRCC has made it very clear they have no intention to punish anybody.

Haseeb Hassan

Oct 8, 2020
Hi Everyone,
I received an invitation to sponsor my parents. I meet the income requirement for the year 2020, however, I am short of $2500 for the year 2019 and $1500 for 2018.
Is there any way I can change my tax returns? Does child tax benefit is counted as income?

We are a family of four (Me, my wife, and 2 kids), if I sponsor my parents the total members will be 6 for the income requirement right?

Thank you in advance!

So let me get this straight. You applied for the interest to sponsor form knowing that you don't qualify, knowing that you would take someone else's spot, knowing that there are people here applying for many years and now you would like to ask on a public forum how to change (forge) your tax returns?

Really how stupid and selfish can people get.

In my opinion, people like this should be penalized by being banned from this system for the next 5 years.

krishvivi

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
22-02-2021
Sick and tired to see people applying without determining the eligibility and taking someone else's spot. In my opinion, IRCC should take serious steps against these kinda people