russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
There are many different types of government jobs. Can you elaborate? Generally getting a job from outside Canada is virtually impossible unless it is a very highly skilled job.

Chawla.nidhi

Nov 27, 2017
I am a govt. Teacher in India and thinking of moving to canada. Is there govt. Job in teaching in canada . If yes what is the procedure of applying. Like in india there is an exam followed by interview for recruitment in

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
For teaching jobs at most public schools you need a degree from a Canadian teacher's college (masters degree). Anticipate that you will ave difficulty working as a teacher unless you return to school.

Nitu#again

Nov 23, 2018
For teaching jobs at most public schools you need a degree from a Canadian teacher's college (masters degree). Anticipate that you will ave difficulty working as a teacher unless you return to school.
What type of degree. I already have masters degree from india and 12 years of teaching experiencd also

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
A Canadian teacher college degree. I would look up by province what are the requirements for teachers. BC has a 1 year bridging course for teachers who wish to work in BC but most provinces don't have a similar program.

Nitu#again

Nov 23, 2018
A Canadian teacher college degree. I would look up by province what are the requirements for teachers. BC has a 1 year bridging course for teachers who wish to work in BC but most provinces don't have a similar program.
Thanks. It will be lot of help.
I am govt. Teacher in india and need to know what i have in store if i leave my permanent job and shift there

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks. It will be lot of help.
I am govt. Teacher in india and need to know what i have in store if i leave my permanent job and shift there
Would do a lot of research. There is a surplus of teachers in many areas in Canada and it takes years of part-time or contract work to get a full-time job.

parttimebasement

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
I am a govt. Teacher in India and thinking of moving to canada. Is there govt. Job in teaching in canada . If yes what is the procedure of applying. Like in india there is an exam followed by interview for recruitment in
If you have christian beliefs then you may be able to get teaching job or else forget about it.

or else land in brampton if you are of that community.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you have christian beliefs then you may be able to get teaching job or else forget about it.

or else land in brampton if you are of that community.
What? Teachers in the catholic school system are also required to meet provincial requirements and being part of an ethnic group does not help you get employment as a teacher.

parttimebasement

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
What? Teachers in the catholic school system are also required to meet provincial requirements and being part of an ethnic group does not help you get employment as a teacher.
provicial requirements
law
legislation
blah blah blah.

Yes it looks good on the book.
In reality things are different.

Forget teaching jobs being part of an ethnic group does help you get employment as long as your hiring manager is of same group.
birds of a feather that flock together & its not about what you know but who you know.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
provicial requirements
law
legislation
blah blah blah.

Yes it looks good on the book.
In reality things are different.

Forget teaching jobs being part of an ethnic group does help you get employment as long as your hiring manager is of same group.
birds of a feather that flock together & its not about what you know but who you know.
We are talking about teachers no general employment.

parttimebasement

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
We are talking about teachers no general employment.
In plain terms its exchange of labour.
does not matter if its a teaching job, surgeon, scientist as long as one is employee and works for an employer.

So
Hiring manger or Principal is from X land.
Candiate A - meets provincial requirements but is from X land.
Candiate B - meets provincial requirements but is from Y land. (better skills, exp & did better in interview)

So online job tender was posted, phone interview was done, competency interview was done & principal met the final top 2 candidates.

Then yes everthing was done as per the law but Candidate A will get the job.

Common man dont make me teach you the basic stuff.
Either you are delusional and rejecting the reality or may be just dont know.
But now you know.

Finally lets not get into argument as the guy will be coming from a foreign country.
So govt jobs are out of his reach anyway until he/she/he-she becomes a traitor and chooses canadian citizenship.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In plain terms its exchange of labour.
does not matter if its a teaching job, surgeon, scientist as long as one is employee and works for an employer.

So
Hiring manger or Principal is from X land.
Candiate A - meets provincial requirements but is from X land.
Candiate B - meets provincial requirements but is from Y land. (better skills, exp & did better in interview)

So online job tender was posted, phone interview was done, competency interview was done & principal met the final top 2 candidates.

Then yes everthing was done as per the law but Candidate A will get the job.

Common man dont make me teach you the basic stuff.
Either you are delusional and rejecting the reality or may be just dont know.
But now you know.
Yet again surgeons would have to go through a whole bunch of Canadian retraining and would end up with 5 years working in a Canadian hospital before they could apply for a job so not a good example. There are very clear licensing requirements for teachers, doctors, etc. If a Canadian of Indian origin applied for a teaching job in Brampton with the same qualifications as OP they would never get an interview because they don't meet the requirements for a teacher in Ontario. Employers often prefer that employees have Canadian experience but to get a teaching job in Canada, especially in a public school, you need to be licensed by the province. Would also apply to a US citizen who had a teaching degree in the US.

parttimebasement

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
Yet again surgeons would have to go through a whole bunch of Canadian retraining and would end up with 5 years working in a Canadian hospital before they could apply for a job so not a good example. There are very clear licensing requirements for teachers, doctors, etc. If a Canadian of Indian origin applied for a teaching job in Brampton with the same qualifications as OP they would never get an interview because they don't meet the requirements for a teacher in Ontario. Employers often prefer that employees have Canadian experience but to get a teaching job in Canada, especially in a public school, you need to be licensed by the province. Would also apply to a US citizen who had a teaching degree in the US.
The surgeons, scientist was just as example. So it does not matter if you are a scientist or a janitor as long you are an employee and have an employer. the class is employee here who will request to be selected to work for an employer and go through a recruitment process.

2nd thing read my previous comment again.Finally licence is just an requirement. In other jobs the requirement could be a degree, experience etc but once you pass that hurdle then east indian employer will hire east indian candidate if OP & a east indian both meet the requirements then the east indian guy will get the job in brampton.

Again its not about ethnicity.In this case ethnicity is the factor that is common.
The issue is the common factor which could anything.
For example a teacher you worked years before has become the pricipal and is goining to be the interviewer. So you will selected for the job rather than the OP no matter how much his profile is better that yours.

Also some jobs will need people of sameland. for example rolex shops has chinise employee as most buyers will be chinese HNI. So even if someone worked in the rolex shop in india will not get the job for rolex shop in vancuver as its customers are different unless there is a rolex shop in brampton.

Now not everyone is unethical. But most of them are.
https://ipolitics.ca/2018/12/04/qualifications-lowered-for-opp-commissioner-job-allowing-ford-family-friend-to-apply/

Again the issue is not limited to canada only but happens everywhere undetected in all countries.
Matter of fact canadians openly admit it and promote it.
Networking is fancy technical term and an example of that.
The thing is in other countries the population is homogenous and thats why it remains undetected but here in canada you can detect the employees in a particular establishment that has a hiring manager who made sure to give jobs to people of his sameland.

Last edited: