+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Govt Employee for Study permit :: Is NOC Mandatory???

Karan Adapala

May 24, 2019
Hi,
My name is Raghu Karan Adapala and I've got into the course Cloud Computing for Big Data in Lambton College, Toronto for the fall semester, 2019. I had already paid my tuition and GIC in the month of January and also I had give my medical test in February.

Currently, I am working as a State Government Employee at Warangal, Telangana. I was about to apply for my Study Permit visa by March'19 but there was an ambiguous opinion about if a govt. employee should attach a No Objection certificate issued by competent authority, with his study permit visa application; I decided to be on safer side and applied for one in March of 2019. Ever Since, there's been no update on my file at my Home Department(Although, I have a copy of "No Objection Certificate Annexure" attested by the District Head of the Department, that has been included in the file forwarded to my Home Department).

Also, I have considered resigning for the post, if things go south. But I'm not in a position to take a harsh decision without getting my visa approved.

Now, that the time is closing to the commencement date of the course, I couldn't risk losing such an opportunity.This brings me to the question, "Is a No Objection Certificate mandatory attachment to the application, for a Government Employee?". If so, can I proceed with the "No Objection Certificate Annexure" attested by the District Head of the Department?
~Thanking You.
Raghu Karan Adapala

Reactions: ynandal99