+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Government Employees who got ITA/ PR

parneetSingh

Jan 21, 2018
I was also in a similar situation i am a government servant and we needed points for that. We also didn't want my office to know
Steps you can follow for the same:
1. How do I get experience certificate for it. Does the purpose of experience certificate needed to be mentioned on the certificate?
Email your office for an experience certificate by mentioning the responsibilities. Pls do not mention the reason for asking it. In case they provide its ok, otherwise ask for an email citing refusal to provide from your supervisor.
or best way is cited above by @Jacobscreek that you can just ask for a experience letter mentioning your duration in the company. In your ask, you can also ask job responsibilities along with duration and your designation int he company. This would help support your reason below that they didnt provide the job responsibilities.
2. Next step - you can produce an atttested stamp paper document citing your job responsibilities. You can provide an explanation in a separate plain paper citing that your office didnt provide the experience letter and only mentioned duration.
3. Generally when you receive an email from your office regarding your designation and duration it would suffice and its pure random that they would do a background check. Being a central government servant makes them rest assured that you would not be a fraud case. so, pls go ahead and apply without tension.

Dashing Tirth

May 11, 2020
Thanks a ton @Jacobscreek and @parneetSingh for sharing your experience. I feel much more reassured now. Just three more concerns I have. These are:
1. Police Clearance Certificate: In the form, it clearly asks whether I am a Government/PSU/private employee etc. What should I mention there? Also, it asks for reason for applying for PCC. What should I choose there from the following options?
Employment Visa/Work Permit ; Immigration purposes other than citizenship ; Long term Visa/Stay ; Residence Permit ; Tourist Visa ; Others
2. Do they ask for any documentary evidence for the reason chosen above?
3. Do we need to mention both email id and phone no. of office on the experience certificate, or does only the email id suffice?

parneetSingh

Jan 21, 2018
1. Mention Government employee only it doesn;t concern them.
2. Reason - Immigration purposes other than citizenship
3. No. other documents they ask is your birth certificate (if i remember correctly) and passport copy.
4. Better to mention.

Jun 8, 2020
Re-opening this thread
Now since I have got PR....would like to connect to people in government job in india particularly central government
kindly reply in case you are in government job...
Thanks for reopening this thread.
I have few questions please answer them if you will.
Can we apply for PR while remaining in service?
Did they ask for NOC?
From whom should we get letters of recommendation?

Thanks in advance

parneetSingh

Jan 21, 2018
Thanks for reopening this thread.
I have few questions please answer them if you will.
Can we apply for PR while remaining in service?
Did they ask for NOC?
From whom should we get letters of recommendation?

Thanks in advance
In my case, despite central govt. no NOC was required , LOR from direct reporting boss (high chance that they won't give, but depends on your relationship and the set up of that c.govt dept.
Yes, we can apply for PR while remaining in service
i have done an indepth analysis of the power that the central govt. may have in case they catch an employee who already got PR. This topic is highly confusing and controversial and there are very few judgements by high court/supreme court. In any case, under current circumstances, the decision should go in your favor in case the beans are spilled.
Better be tighlipped in you forsee that LOR outcome will not be in your favor and instead do an affidavit with your job responsibilties.

Reactions: Deepti91

Shubham tayal

Jul 31, 2020
I worked in a PSU in India before moving to Canada. I resigned the job only after receiving my CoPR. I don't understand why you need an NoC while applying for ITA.
I am working as a central government employee in India and I am applying for Canada PR. I want to know if there is any document that is required from my office's end in this regard, because it won't be provided being a central government employee.

Shubham tayal

Jul 31, 2020
In my case, despite central govt. no NOC was required , LOR from direct reporting boss (high chance that they won't give, but depends on your relationship and the set up of that c.govt dept.
Yes, we can apply for PR while remaining in service
i have done an indepth analysis of the power that the central govt. may have in case they catch an employee who already got PR. This topic is highly confusing and controversial and there are very few judgements by high court/supreme court. In any case, under current circumstances, the decision should go in your favor in case the beans are spilled.
Better be tighlipped in you forsee that LOR outcome will not be in your favor and instead do an affidavit with your job responsibilties.
I am a Central Government Employee and I am applying for Canada PR. I want to know if there is any document or verification required anywhere in the process, because that won't be given by my office. If I could contact u personally, that would be great since u seem to be having some clarity regarding this.

Shubham tayal

Jul 31, 2020
Hey u don't need to worry at all....i had been in the same situation untill i got the copr .. following are the points u need to follow :

a) U can ask your office for a statement reflecting your Job duration with the designation reflecting your annual / monthly salary for the purpose of availing a loan for car / House or whatever . By this way you have an imitated experience certificate explicited with all the credentials . (This i have adopted)

b) You have to assure the IRCC that all the credentials u have produced are fully authentic and full proof (You can produce Bank Statements reflecting your monthly salary credits, transfer - promotion - appointment orders) by this way IRCC wont approach any office for verifications. I haven't countered any such peculiarities.

C) yes obviously one cant have other states Resendential status if hes holding any office of profit being governed bY GOI. It is punishable under Crpc ... i dont remember the article no. (But dont worry)

d) buddy The Ircc is least concerned... if your professional experience is in a demand at Canada then u r gonna be an asset for them .... they are open for potent intakes....

All these points were there in my mind before applying but i did my best to prove my credemtials

Best of luck for all your future endeavors
I am a Central Government Employee and I am applying for Canada PR. I want to know if there is any document or verification required anywhere in the process, because that won't be given by my office. If I could contact u personally, that would be great to have some clarity regarding this. My whatsapp is on 7009069745.

Shubham tayal

Jul 31, 2020
1. Mention Government employee only it doesn;t concern them.
2. Reason - Immigration purposes other than citizenship
3. No. other documents they ask is your birth certificate (if i remember correctly) and passport copy.
4. Better to mention.
I am a Central Government Employee and I am applying for Canada PR. I want to know if there is any document or verification required anywhere in the process, because that won't be given by my office. If I could contact u personally, that would be great to have some clarity regarding this. My whatsapp is on 7009069745.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Are you primary applicant then yes they will ask for job letter from your employee but let me tell u that as a cent govt employee you can not apply for pr.Thet can take action against you so you need to hide it from them.If you are secondary applicant too they might ask for an official letter that you have been emoloyed under so and so since so and so years.But you can tell your office that you need for some other purpose. DO NOT TELL THEM YOU HAVE APPLIED FOR PR.

Mar 1, 2020
I worked in a PSU in India before moving to Canada. I resigned the job only after receiving my CoPR. I don't understand why you need an NoC while applying for ITA.
Hi, My husband is in Hindustan Aeronautics Limited which is a PSU? Could you please let me know that does he need to obtain NOC from his office?

megha2831

Oct 23, 2020
@parneetSingh @Jacobscreek
Thanks a lot guys for sharing your experience. I wish i had read it earlier.
I am working in Delhi Government and i am the main applicant in the canada pr application. I gave a letter to my office asking them to grant me a reference letter stating that i need it for immigration purpose, and obviously i was denied the same stating that being a government employee, i cannot apply for immigration. I am having nightmares thinking what i will do when i receive ita. Please someone suggest what are the chances of my application getting rejected if i m unable to provide reference letter, and gave a self declaration. Is there someone currently in the same boat that can suggest something?

Jacobscreek

Sep 10, 2017
@megha2831

the best u cud have done is to enclose as much proofs as u could , For instance your joining letter, the offer statement (News Paper Clippings) . Do mention the name of your office with The general address details of HOD, IRCC will get to know the genuineness of ur enclosures.