+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got visa late

Ansh arora

Jan 13, 2019
Hello
Actually i have some queries regarding my visa
I applied my visa for jan intake but i got my visa late.
So whats the next step to do

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Till what tym i ll get my defferal
Nd how many days before can i go
Sorry, but only your college/uni can say when you will get your deferral.

You can go any time as long as you have a valid visa. CBSA may ask you, though, if you travel early. Just be prepared to show you can support yourself before the official start of your program because you are not allowed yet to work before that.

hello2world

Oct 28, 2018
Sorry, but only your college/uni can say when you will get your deferral.

You can go any time as long as you have a valid visa. CBSA may ask you, though, if you travel early. Just be prepared to show you can support yourself before the official start of your program because you are not allowed yet to work before that.
Can you please tell me if deferral letter and updated LOA are two different things?

I got my Visa late which is for diploma program of 2 years and my college now offered me 1 year of PG program for May 19 intake.

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Can you please tell me if deferral letter and updated LOA are two different things?

I got my Visa late which is for diploma program of 2 years and my college now offered me 1 year of PG program for May 19 intake.
I was originally accepted for Sept 2018 intake but my LOA arrived late June. Not being confident I will get my visa before the start date, I asked my college for a deferral for the next intake. They replied with an updated LOA.

Why would your college offer you a different program?

hello2world

Oct 28, 2018
I was originally accepted for Sept 2018 intake but my LOA arrived late June. Not being confident I will get my visa before the start date, I asked my college for a deferral for the next intake. They replied with an updated LOA.

Why would your college offer you a different program?
Because diploma program is not available for may 19 intake.

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Because diploma program is not available for may 19 intake.
Oh, so the 2-year program is only available in fall and winter intake?

You can go for the one year program, but do take note that you only qualify for a 1 year PGWP with that. Unless you get another 1 year program after the first.

Reactions: ngapham17689

hello2world

Oct 28, 2018
Oh, so the 2-year program is only available in fall and winter intake?

You can go for the one year program, but do take note that you only qualify for a 1 year PGWP with that. Unless you get another 1 year program after the first.
Yes diploma program is only available in fall and winter.

I have another question, do I need to inform scotia bank about my delay?