+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got the canadian visa to work in Canada but Employer cancelled the offer

Hiras

Aug 12, 2019
I recently got an offer from Canada as a functional analyst, then applied for a VISA. I got the visa by the time my employer cancelled my employment contract.
Since he cancelled it, how can I come to Canada? Can I come with my current visa, or should I apply for a visitor visa? Please help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I recently got an offer from Canada as a functional analyst, then applied for a VISA. I got the visa by the time my employer cancelled my employment contract.
Since he cancelled it, how can I come to Canada? Can I come with my current visa, or should I apply for a visitor visa? Please help
What is your purpose for wanting to come to Canada? You cannot use this work permit to work for a different employer.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Hiras

Aug 12, 2019
What is your purpose for wanting to come to Canada? You cannot use this work permit to work for a different employer.
My fiance lives in Canada. I want to meet him and plan to get married. My friends told me that if my employer informed IRCC of the cancellation of my employment contract, immigration wouldn't allow me inside Canada thought i have worker visa. Can you please tell me if this is correct?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
My fiance lives in Canada. I want to meet him and plan to get married. My friends told me that if my employer informed IRCC of the cancellation of my employment contract, immigration wouldn't allow me inside Canada thought i have worker visa. Can you please tell me if this is correct?
Yes.. that means your employer had ended your employment which is the base of work permit. You get permit on the border confirming the job awaiting you, if the job is not there, no permit will be issued. If you want to visit to meet and marry your fiance you have to get visitor visa or try to find other job.

Reactions: Hiras

rohit39

Jan 31, 2024
If your visa was tied to your now-canceled job offer, it is likely no longer valid for entry into Canada. You may need to apply for a new visa, such as a visitor visa, to enter the country under different circumstances

Reactions: Hiras