+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got terminated without cause

Deepgill123

Mar 5, 2024
Hello, I was working as a barista server full-time for 7 months and was waiting for my MPNP draw, but my employer fired me last week without cause. I am so terrified that I have to start again and will lose this experience. Will I 100% lose this experience? What should I do in this situation? Do I restart from zero?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, I was working as a barista server full-time for 7 months and was waiting for my MPNP draw, but my employer fired me last week without cause. I am so terrified that I have to start again and will lose this experience. Will I 100% lose this experience? What should I do in this situation? Do I restart from zero?
Which pathway were you going to apply under?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Did you try having a word with employer...sometimes a bit of communication resolves things....

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Get a lawyer if your firing was unjust. As for Manitoba PNP, your employer has to support your nomination so I am guessing they would not have supported your application anyways. The employer has to offer you long term employment. You must find an employer will to support your nomination and then work full time for 6 months.

To apply to the Skilled Worker in Manitoba (SWM) Pathway, you must demonstrate ongoing Manitoba employment as your established connection to Manitoba.

Ongoing Manitoba employment means that you possess a valid work permit and a Manitoba company has offered you a full-time, long-term job after you have completed at least six months (continuous) full-time employment with that company as a temporary foreign worker or international student working graduate.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
You can combine experience only if your employer agrees to provide infornation about your employment when MPNP call them. If you think they will not collaborate you must start from zero. But anyways you have to inform MPNP that you were dismissed if your profile is selected before you get a new job.

Deepgill123

Mar 5, 2024
You can combine experience only if your employer agrees to provide infornation about your employment when MPNP call them. If you think they will not collaborate you must start from zero. But anyways you have to inform MPNP that you were dismissed if your profile is selected before you get a new job.
Do i need to just tell pnp about my termination and they will tell me if that experience will count?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do i need to just tell pnp about my termination and they will tell me if that experience will count?
Yes you need to update any changes to your application. Not updating the information yourself and if it is discovered then there could be concerns that you are trying to mislead the MPNP program.

Reactions: Taran D