+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got Refused Now, is there any way to appeal?

MohamedElshami

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Hello guys,

like the title says i've received a refusal letter based on the grounds of

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I took 30 days for the application to get to final decision my studies begins in September. I'm considering to reapply as i have some time as it takes 30 days only.

However, the reason is unknown to me and i think there is no time to order GCMS notes to see what i got refused for. I've done my best for that application and worked really hard on it gave it all the time it needed and still got refused. I'm not the type that gives up however i'm really lost.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Isn't this your 4th or 5th refusal? And if I remember you were applying for a pre-degree program or something like that?
You can for a judicial review but that takes time, you might not get a response before September and no guarantee it will go in your favour.

Reactions: MohamedElshami

MohamedElshami

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Isn't this your 4th or 5th refusal? And if I remember you were applying for a pre-degree program or something like that?
You can for a judicial review but that takes time, you might not get a response before September and no guarantee it will go in your favour.
Yes i applied multiple times and corrected most of the mistakes that've done. judicial review might take sometime and won't able to study in September. Do you think applying again without the GCMS notes is useless?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If you have had many refusals and you have ordered GCMS notes in the past, then the reasons are known. Applying again without knowing the reasons is not a good idea and you will look desperate.

You can hire a Canadian lawyer and try for judicial review. The review will take months and then if positive, all you will be told is that officers must review your file again if officers made errors according to the law. If you have $5k+ to spend then go for it. Don’t know your profile so can’t comment.

MohamedElshami

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
If you have had many refusals and you have ordered GCMS notes in the past, then the reasons are known. Applying again without knowing the reasons is not a good idea and you will look desperate.

You can hire a Canadian lawyer and try for judicial review. The review will take months and then if positive, all you will be told is that officers must review your file again if officers made errors according to the law. If you have $5k+ to spend then go for it. Don’t know your profile so can’t comment.
The reasons from the past application that i ordered the GCMS notes was for finance and employment and i corrected those. Also it wasn't stating 'Purpose of visit' so it's entirely a new reason

Judicial review would take months meaning i will miss the first semester at least. Why it's so hard to get accepted. i know i'm genuine and i follow the rules where ever i go.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The reasons from the past application that i ordered the GCMS notes was for finance and employment and i corrected those. Also it wasn't stating 'Purpose of visit' so it's entirely a new reason

Judicial review would take months meaning i will miss the first semester at least. Why it's so hard to get accepted. i know i'm genuine and i follow the rules where ever i go.
Purpose of visit is an all encompassing reason which can mean limited employment prospects, program mismatch, no education advancement etc. It can mean anything. Again can’t comment because don’t know profile or the programs you changed for each refusal.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020

Visa application isn't a game of trial and error until the perfect combination works. I see that you made errors in your initials applications. You should have taken your time and really made your 2nd application a foolproof one but now that you are on attempt 4,5 &6, almost anything you submit will be auto-rejected due to the fact that you seem to just be applying nonsensically. It's harsh but the best use of your time and money could be to look elsewhere at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: wonderbly

Dr.No

Jun 15, 2021
Don't mind but if I were you I'd change the country not the course. 4/5 refusals don't look good.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Do not apply again until you have your GCMS notes.

Defer your study plans to next year.

MohamedElshami

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Visa application isn't a game and trial. I see that you made errors in your initials applications. You should have taken your time and really made your 2nd application a foolproof one but now that you are on attempt 4,5 &6, almost anything you submit will be auto-rejected due to the fact that you seem to just be applying nonsensically. It's harsh but the best use of your time and money could be to look elsewhere at this point.
Yes i agree with you i applied the first ones without knowing anything at all. just followed the instruction provided and the list of requirements to fill the Application and it wasn't the case as it's more complicated than i thought. I should've asked for professional help and that was my big mistake to try something feeling that it's okay they won't refuse me because i follow the rules but they did. so you recommend that i don't apply at all?

MohamedElshami

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Don't mind but if I were you I'd change the country not the course. 4/5 refusals don't look good.
It doesn't look good at all. i spent so much time and money to get to this point and still got refused after giving it my best on the last application. What do you mean by change the country? like to find similar program and apply for it?

Dr.No

Jun 15, 2021
It doesn't look good at all. i spent so much time and money to get to this point and still got refused after giving it my best on the last application. What do you mean by change the country? like to find similar program and apply for it?
I mean, if Educational Advancement is your real goal, then countries like US are the best bet. Can't comment if you have other goals.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Yes i agree with you i applied the first ones without knowing anything at all. just followed the instruction provided and the list of requirements to fill the Application and it wasn't the case as it's more complicated than i thought. I should've asked for professional help and that was my big mistake to try something feeling that it's okay they won't refuse me because i follow the rules but they did. so you recommend that i don't apply at all?
I understand. My first application was refused as well because I was complacent and provided the bare minimum of what was asked. Upon receiving the refusal, I researched in detail, spoke to many people, both professionals, and past students to really make sure that they weren't able to refuse my second attempt. Obviously, most of us are genuine students but you have to think from the perspective of an officer who has no idea of who you are and what your aim is. In the SOP, you have to clearly outline your background, your intentions with specific and detailed information backed up by documentation. It has to be detailed enough to show you know what you are doing but also easy enough for someone not in your field to understand what you aim to do.

You are in a state where, as I mentioned, your history of past applications will drag you down, no matter what you do. That's why it's so important to spend a lot of time on your application. If you want to spend the money and the time for a legal challenge, you can. There's no guarantee. On the other hand, you can use this experience to formulate a stronger application in another country.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Do you think after that many refusal i stand a chance or they will just trash me like today?
How many study permit refusals do you have at this point?

We have certainly seen people approved here with multiple refusals. However it is very important that you not rush in applying again, get your GCMS notes, and take a great deal of care in putting together a new application.