+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got Refused Now, is there any way to appeal?

MohamedElshami

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
I understand. My first application was refused as well because I was complacent and provided the bare minimum of what was asked. Upon receiving the refusal, I researched in detail, spoke to many people, both professionals, and past students to really make sure that they weren't able to refuse my second attempt. Obviously, most of us are genuine students but you have to think from the perspective of an officer who has no idea of who you are and what your aim is. In the SOP, you have to clearly outline your background, your intentions with specific and detailed information backed up by documentation. It has to be detailed enough to show you know what you are doing but also easy enough for someone not in your field to understand what you aim to do.

You are in a state where, as I mentioned, your history of past applications will drag you down, no matter what you do. That's why it's so important to spend a lot of time on your application. If you want to spend the money and the time for a legal challenge, you can. There's no guarantee. On the other hand, you can use this experience to formulate a stronger application in another country.
Thank you for giving me the brutal truth, that's what i wanted to hear it. i think i will withdraw my university application. I outlined everything in detailed with all my personal history in study and work.

MohamedElshami

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
How many study permit refusals do you have at this point?

We have certainly seen people approved here with multiple refusals. However it is very important that you not rush in applying again, get your GCMS notes, and take a great deal of care in putting together a new application.
I think it's hard to get approved after many refusal, i simply thinking to not to apply again as they seem doesn't care.

sb22651

Jul 15, 2021
Hello guys,

like the title says i've received a refusal letter based on the grounds of

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I took 30 days for the application to get to final decision my studies begins in September. I'm considering to reapply as i have some time as it takes 30 days only.

However, the reason is unknown to me and i think there is no time to order GCMS notes to see what i got refused for. I've done my best for that application and worked really hard on it gave it all the time it needed and still got refused. I'm not the type that gives up however i'm really lost.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Why is the reason unknown to you? It is listed on your letter and if you get your gcms note, it will further elaborate.

It's bizzare to the VO that you're so insisting on going all the way to Canada. It's like you want to stay in Canada no matter what.

MohamedElshami

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
I understand. My first application was refused as well because I was complacent and provided the bare minimum of what was asked. Upon receiving the refusal, I researched in detail, spoke to many people, both professionals, and past students to really make sure that they weren't able to refuse my second attempt. Obviously, most of us are genuine students but you have to think from the perspective of an officer who has no idea of who you are and what your aim is. In the SOP, you have to clearly outline your background, your intentions with specific and detailed information backed up by documentation. It has to be detailed enough to show you know what you are doing but also easy enough for someone not in your field to understand what you aim to do.

You are in a state where, as I mentioned, your history of past applications will drag you down, no matter what you do. That's why it's so important to spend a lot of time on your application. If you want to spend the money and the time for a legal challenge, you can. There's no guarantee. On the other hand, you can use this experience to formulate a stronger application in another country.
One thing i forgot to ask you. does the Canadian immigration share their data with any other nation? i just heard a rumor

sb22651

Jul 15, 2021
I think it's hard to get approved after many refusal, i simply thinking to not to apply again as they seem doesn't care.
Is your reason to apply to study in Canada just because you could get a pgwp and work in Canada?

Put it this way, if pgwp was not available to you nor studying in Canada would not get you any EE points, would you still study in Canada? Of course not!

MohamedElshami

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Why is the reason unknown to you? It is listed on your letter and if you get your gcms note, it will further elaborate.

It's bizzare to the VO that you're so insisting on going all the way to Canada. It's like you want to stay in Canada no matter what.
I think i will not apply again i think i'm wasting my time and they don't appreciate anything you do

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
One thing i forgot to ask you. does the Canadian immigration share their data with any other nation? i just heard a rumor
Yes, they do. Google "five eyes". You'll need to declare your Canadian refusals if applying elsewhere.

Dr.No

Jun 15, 2021
I think i will not apply again i think i'm wasting my time and they don't appreciate anything you do
But before you do, I'd do as @scylla suggested. Get GCMS and contact a Canadian Lawyer and get his/her inputs and then decide. Don't just get disheartened by forum posts. But at the same time start looking for other options like US.

Reactions: MohamedElshami

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada is a great country but there are plenty of other good options as well. UK has recently started a graduate work permit scheme, the USA is friendly towards STEM majors. Germany and Europe have good value for money. Use this as an experience to learn from for your next endeavor. This will only be a failure if you do not learn anything and repeat the same mistakes.

Get the notes like mentioned above. You may learn new information that could help you. And of course, you can apply to multiple countries at the same time.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Just googled it does say that they share intelligence and that was for the cold war in the past but it doesn't mention anything on Immigration!
They share immigration records as well. For example, if you have US visa refusals, Canada knows even if you don't declare them.

MohamedElshami

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
But before you do, I'd do as @scylla suggested. Get GCMS and contact a Canadian Lawyer and get his/her inputs and then decide. Don't just get disheartened by forum posts. But at the same time start looking for other options like US.
I will take sometime to rest then i will ask get a lawyer evaluation so i can decide based on that. Thank you BTW :)

MohamedElshami

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Canada is a great country but there are plenty of other good options as well. UK has recently started a graduate work permit scheme, the USA is friendly towards STEM majors. Germany and Europe have good value for money. Use this as an experience to learn from for your next endeavor. This will only be a failure if you do not learn anything and repeat the same mistakes.

Get the notes like mentioned above. You may learn new information that could help you. And of course, you can apply to multiple countries at the same time.
Indeed lesson learned, i will not take a step towards anything before planning and doing my best. Thank you :)

Punjeet Gupta

Jun 7, 2021
Hello friend, do not let people with inferiority complexes that post here drag you down (one of them hates on other immigrants and he has racist posts on the EE sub-forum). You are one step away from a full approval. I would recommend reapplying after getting GCMS notes.