+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got "Ready for Visa" email but have a wedding planned in two weeks

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hello, I have a follow-up question if you don't mind:) I got "Ready for Visa" email on Aug 15th when I was in USA (outland). Then I entered Canada in Aug 25th (since there simply wasn't enough time for me to get visa stamping before flight). Afterwards, I called IRCC office to update my address to the Canadian address, and they also told me that I can mail my passport to IRCC as instructed on the RFV email. I did it as instructed, but then my passport never came back.

I called IRCC again today, and the person had a different story and she said that I shouldn't have mailed in my passport since I am inland now and need an eCOPR instead. My passport is therefore, stuck at the IRCC office, and I cannot get it back besides keeping waiting. I am so confused now, since I've followed their instructions and I also updated my address---no one told me about the eCOPR thing. What should I do to move things forward now? I already submitted a web form explaining what happended, but I suppose that's the only thing I can do now? I urgently need my passport for a usa visa interview next month and shall I expect to hear from them before then? I mean, passport is an important document, I find it hard to believe that it will just get stuck at the office forever.
What did executive tell you on getting your passport back ? They were right, once you are inland candidate, you need not send your passport, instead you are issued eCoPR.

Also check this thread to know if you can contact Ottawa office - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/passport-delivered-at-cpc-ottawa-and-waiting-for-copr-come-in-here-keep-each-other-updated.683301/page-211#post-10595497

CXTina

Sep 27, 2022
What did executive tell you on getting your passport back ? They were right, once you are inland candidate, you need not send your passport, instead you are issued eCoPR.

Also check this thread to know if you can contact Ottawa office - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/passport-delivered-at-cpc-ottawa-and-waiting-for-copr-come-in-here-keep-each-other-updated.683301/page-211#post-10595497
She told me that I will just have to wait for further instructions. Thank you for the link! I found an email to Ottawa's office and I will try to contact them.

Reactions: CNP