14-Nov-14
Interview........
Medical received on 24-Nov-14
Passport Req..
26-Nov-14
LANDED..........
30-Dec-14
Hello friends,

I just got RCMP request based on fingerprints.
It says:

Dear my name,

This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

RCMP Criminal Record Check: An original, certified RCMP criminal record check based on fingerprints. Please consult http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-eng.htm for detailed instructions.

Moreover there is a note of 30 days to complete this.
"You must send the fingerprints and a copy of this notice directly to the RCMP Headquarters in Ottawa within 30 days from the date of this notice."

Is it normal? I just applied in April 2014, got AOR in May 8th, 2014 and RCMP request on 2nd June.
Even I am not sure that is for my self or my spouse or both of us?

I would appreciate if anyone can help here

Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
It is for you, assuming you are the principal applicant. If it was for your spouse, it would say so.

It means that CIC already did the name-based check (fast, yes!), alas, it also means there's a criminal out there that has the same name as you : ) Bad luck, but it happens, esp. if you have a common name...

pNick

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Apr-2014
Doc's Request.
RCMP requested on 02-06-2014
AOR Received.
8-May-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
14-May-14
Med's Request
12-Nov-14
Med's Done....
14-Nov-14
Interview........
Passport Req..
26-Nov-14
LANDED..........
30-Dec-14
jes_ON said:
It is for you, assuming you are the principal applicant. If it was for your spouse, it would say so.

It means that CIC already did the name-based check (fast, yes!), alas, it also means there's a criminal out there that has the same name as you : ) Bad luck, but it happens, esp. if you have a common name...
Thanks Jes_ON for the response. My name is very common that's why I got the request. Anyway I have done this for myself today and they will send results to CPC-O. How it is different form normal RCMP clearance letter? Because I did submit the RCMP Clearance letter with my application and it was clear, if there is something match with my name then does it say anything in RCMP clearance letter?

Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
pNick said:
Thanks Jes_ON for the response. My name is very common that's why I got the request. Anyway I have done this for myself today and they will send results to CPC-O. How it is different form normal RCMP clearance letter? Because I did submit the RCMP Clearance letter with my application and it was clear, if there is something match with my name then does it say anything in RCMP clearance letter?
CIC automatically does a name-based RCMP check of criminal records for all applicants. That's why it is not required to include a PCC from Canada. But if the name based check is not clear, you have to get your fingerprints done.

If you had already sent a finger-print based clearance, I 'm not sure why they've requested a new one, but sometimes it's easier to just do it.

pNick

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Apr-2014
Doc's Request.
RCMP requested on 02-06-2014
AOR Received.
8-May-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
14-May-14
Med's Request
12-Nov-14
Med's Done....
14-Nov-14
Interview........
Passport Req..
26-Nov-14
LANDED..........
30-Dec-14
Thanks Jes_ON. I understand this. I haven't sent finger print clearance initially it was just name based clearance letter.

Can I ask you one more question? Please see the last line of below.
---------------------------------
Dear Applicant,

This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

RCMP Criminal Record Check: An original, certified RCMP criminal record check based on fingerprints. Please consult http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-eng.htm for detailed instructions.

Do not submit fingerprints to our office that have not been processed by the RCMP as this will cause a delay in the processing of your application.

The RCMP will send the results directly to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa (CPC-O) within the processing time published on the RCMP's website. If the RCMP Criminal Record Check is returned to you then you can mail it directly to the address indicated below. DO NOT return the results to the RCMP.

Mailing address:
Case Processing Centre- Ottawa
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West (7th Floor)
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1
Canada

Please note:
All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.

You must send the fingerprints and a copy of this notice directly to the RCMP Headquarters in Ottawa within 30 days from the date of this notice. - What does it mean?
-----------------------------------------------------------
Thanks,

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
pNick said:
Can I ask you one more question? Please see the last line of below.

You must send the fingerprints and a copy of this notice directly to the RCMP Headquarters in Ottawa within 30 days from the date of this notice. - What does it mean?
It means
1) You only have 30 days to apply for the RCMP clearance
2) You should make a copy of this letter/email and give it to the officer/agent when you apply for the clearance, to include with the application.

Strongly recommend selecting one of the electronic fingerprinting options, go to the website that CIC gave you and look at the electronic fingerprinting options. It will be a LOT faster.