+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got protected but not applied PR

Abbi2021

Jul 10, 2019
I have been got protected approved March 2019 till today i didnt applied PR reason I don't have money. If I apply this month how long it will take my friends said 3 year is that true. Do I need to do finger print since I have given before.

Second question very important

My friend said if you are approved as refugee and got protected its means they don't need your fingerprint as they have it already. And you data is clear no criminal record that why they give you protected otherwise they shouldnt . Do I have to still do fingerprint or ask for police certificate from back country where I came from. So before I apply PR I can arrange these and as soon as they request I can submit them. Please be advice.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
I have been got protected approved March 2019 till today i didnt applied PR reason I don't have money. If I apply this month how long it will take my friends said 3 year is that true. Do I need to do finger print since I have given before.

My friend said if you are approved as refugee and got protected its means they don't need your fingerprint as they have it already. And you data is clear no criminal record that why they give you protected otherwise they shouldn't . Do I have to still do fingerprint or ask for police certificate from back country where I came from. So before I apply PR I can arrange these and as soon as they request I can submit them. Please be advice.
Yor friend is right it may take three years to get PR.

But Wrong about criminal check the government will not ask you get a a police clearance from your home country as yo are protected from them, so in no way shape or form will you be requted to get any information from your government.

all you need to do is fill out the PR application forms and pay the fee, mail in your application and IRCC will request any information they want later on.

dont worry i got procted person status in 2016 October and never applied for my PR until 2018 Oct becaue i did not have the money either. i would recommend you do it as soon as possible thou as it can take a while.

All the best..

Dreamer1212

Feb 5, 2019
Sorry I have to say this. Stop listen to your friend, and get information from the right sources. apply and do what ever they ask you to do. Just worry about what you need to do to apply after that wait and do what they ask for. Good Luck

Reactions: RefugeeHelp1

Dreamer1212

Feb 5, 2019

My friend said if you are approved as refugee and got protected its means they don't need your fingerprint as they have it already. And you data is clear no criminal record that why they give you protected otherwise they shouldnt . Do I have to still do fingerprint or ask for police certificate from back country where I came from. So before I apply PR I can arrange these and as soon as they request I can submit them. Please be advice.
By the way, the current estimated time is 20 months it may go up to 20 months or less than that. Also, you may need to do a fingerprint. For me, they didn't ask me to do but they ask for my wife's fingerprint to be sure we did both.

To check processing time:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

The right link to know what you need to apply for PR
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-permanent-residence-canada-protected-persons-convention-refugees.html

Reactions: RefugeeHelp1

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
Guys how you don't have money in Canada!!!
it's just 550, you can work for a week at minimum wage to get it

xichanmontreal

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Guys how you don't have money in Canada!!!
it's just 550, you can work for a week at minimum wage to get it
I agree ... Also , in case , you can apply for credit card ... you will need it anyway for payement . ( only online paiement is allowed now by cic canada )