+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got PR without work experience reference letter?

ShaLobo

Sep 16, 2019
Hi Guys,

Is a reference letter mandatory from all companies I have worked at? My managers from previous two companies don't work in the company anymore and I do not have any other contacts in the company right now who can write this for me. I have worked at 5 companies and I am unable to provide a reference letter for 2 of them.

2Fish

May 29, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I am getting a ref letter concerning my last job which is the principal NOC on which I am basing my application.
However, for the former jobs I had, I can't really get any letter neither from previous managers nor prev colleagues.

What do I do please ?

Thanks,

dr.josemrod

Sep 3, 2019
Santiago, Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-08-2019
AOR Received.
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
18-09-2019
LANDED..........
08-05-2020
Hello Everyone,

I am getting a ref letter concerning my last job which is the principal NOC on which I am basing my application.
However, for the former jobs I had, I can't really get any letter neither from previous managers nor prev colleagues.

What do I do please ?

Thanks,
If you are claiming points for these you can get affidavits from co-workers or supervisors, job offer letter, pay stubs and else.

2Fish

May 29, 2019
Ok, Thank you very much.
Now, a last question, I have 12 years work experience as following:

- Ship Agent : 02 years ---> No Ref. letter
- Teacher : 10 Months -----> No Ref Letter
- Ship Agent: 2 Years ------> No Ref Letter
- Ship Operator: 03 Years -> Got Letter from colleague (Back-Back)
- Commercial agent: 9 Months---> Got Letter from former G. Manager
- Ship Manager: 03 Years 02 Mnths: Letter in preparation by former G. Manager. (NOC 0731 ; on which I will base my application)

Different NOCs abviously for all the job positions, and most of them with no Letter of Reference,
Would it be possible to declare only job experience with corresponding Letters or all of my experience has to be declared ?

Thanks a lot in advance,

pk2711

Jan 15, 2020
I have a question on the reference letters. One of my letters, my current job, does not have the duties mentioned on it. However has the title and other information required. I just wanted to know if cic would get back to me asking for additional information on job duties. I can provide an updated letter with it. I am just hoping they don't reject my application because the reference letter does not have the job duties. Has anyone expereinced this in the past ? Please let me know. Thank you!

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
I have a question on the reference letters. One of my letters, my current job, does not have the duties mentioned on it. However has the title and other information required. I just wanted to know if cic would get back to me asking for additional information on job duties. I can provide an updated letter with it. I am just hoping they don't reject my application because the reference letter does not have the job duties. Has anyone expereinced this in the past ? Please let me know. Thank you!
If you can provide the letter then provide it. What’s the problem? Job roles and responsibilities are specifically being asked for. Without these, there is no way for the VO to assess whether you are qualified or not for the given employment for which you are claiming points for.

pk2711

Jan 15, 2020
If you can provide the letter then provide it. What’s the problem? Job roles and responsibilities are specifically being asked for. Without these, there is no way for the VO to assess whether you are qualified or not for the given employment for which you are claiming points for.
Yes. Where do I upload it? There is no way for me to upload a document because my application is under processing now. I don't see any place for me to edit the documents. Any idea if they will ask me for an updated letter sometime soon ? I dont want them to reject my application because I was not able to submit a document that I have.

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
Yes. Where do I upload it? There is no way for me to upload a document because my application is under processing now. I don't see any place for me to edit the documents. Any idea if they will ask me for an updated letter sometime soon ? I dont want them to reject my application because I was not able to submit a document that I have.
Do keep us posted on the status of your application.

pk2711

Jan 15, 2020
Yes. Where do I upload it? There is no way for me to upload a document because my application is under processing now. I don't see any place for me to edit the documents. Any idea if they will ask me for an updated letter sometime soon ?
Do keep us posted on the status of your application.
Will do. But any idea if there is any way I can fix the mess I have created ? Or do I just wait?

YouGotMeHere

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018

pk2711

Jan 15, 2020
You should have sent the document by now. Duties are extremely critical and it takes 7 working days for the document to be uploaded. Use this link and send it right away. Add a LOE that you forgot it initially and have for the update letter.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
Thanks so much..I did send an enquiry here and explained that I would like to provide an updated reference letter. Let me do it again. I haven't heard back. Although after submitting it, I got a message that they won't consider my request if the application processing time is not over. Do you recommend adding only a LOE here or the actual letter too?

YouGotMeHere

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Thanks so much..I did send an enquiry here and explained that I would like to provide an updated reference letter. Let me do it again. I haven't heard back. Although after submitting it, I got a message that they won't consider my request if the application processing time is not over. Do you recommend adding only a LOE here or the actual letter too?
Sending a simple request is of no use. They won’t hold your profile processing for you to send. Instead, club both the LOE and Refference letter together and attach as a document. In the notes, Ask to replace or upload to the existing Company experience.

choose the Replacement Document and Amendment option in the form.

pk2711

Jan 15, 2020
Sending a simple request is of no use. They won’t hold your profile processing for you to send. Instead, club both the LOE and Refference letter together and attach as a document. In the notes, Ask to replace or upload to the existing Company experience.

choose the Replacement Document and Amendment option in the form.
Ok thanks a lot. Hope they consider it. Don't want a rejection just for this.

shallyj

Nov 29, 2019
Hi Guys please i need your help.
So i got a contract job with an employment agency from jan 11 2019 to jan 17th 2020, the agency's client decided to hire me full on last week monday and i got my ITA on thursday the 23rd for the contract full time job. However, going to continue the application now, there's a part that asks if i have a job offer? Note: before i got the ITA, I had filled out NO to the job offer section.

My question now is:
1. Is it necessary to mention i got a job offer considering it is the same company i am working with (not the agency but the client's company i mean)
2. I am still in the same role, nothing has changed except my pay is processed by client company and not agency anymore
3. Should i still claim agency as my employer or the client as of this moment, considering i was just offered the job on the 20th and got the ITA on the 23rd and i am claiming points for the one year that is jan 2019-jan 2020?

Please help me out.

WunderCat

Star Member
Oct 7, 2019
Toronto
NOC Code......
I worker as a store clerk for like 3 months (in 2017). The employer was paying me cash and I filed this income tax. I did not have payslips, nor T4s. I just wrote a letter to CRA, saying that "employer was paying me cash, here is a total amount of how much earned" and attached a print out that employer gave me in the end of my term. That was an official document, just a print out from some tax calculator.

So, the question: I tried to get an employment letter from him but he takes his sweet time. Can I just write a letter that I worked there, my duties and final pay, business address+email? This job does not give me any extra experience or CRS points. I should've just not mention it in a first place, otherwise I would apply for my PR a week ago.