+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got PR without work experience reference letter?

neoguy

Oct 7, 2018
My department head wont reply back on email and so i cannot show such refusal. My seniors have government id proofs that i can provide. Do i need to provide their emails and phone number on the same paper.

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
My department head wont reply back on email and so i cannot show such refusal. My seniors have government id proofs that i can provide. Do i need to provide their emails and phone number on the same paper.
If you can involve the HR, and try to get an email saying that they don't issue such letters, then you should be safe. I came from a government company and I did the same. Yes get your colleagues business cards, scan them and send them along with the letter.

Reactions: djangoboy

balaji.s

Jan 31, 2018
Hello,
From my previous job which lasted for 4 years i can get a notarized reference letter from my senior colleague, which satisfies the "3 years or more" foreign work experience.
But from my current job, i cant get a reference letter which will jeopardize my position in the company as i am a new joinee.
So shall i just submit the previous job experience(4+ years) to CIC excluding the current job?
Please advise.

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
You can exclude your current job from EE and only claim points for your previous job. You will only be required to provide a generic reference letter for your current job or any other documentation if possible.

Reactions: balaji.s

balaji.s

Jan 31, 2018
You can exclude your current job from EE and only claim points for your previous job. You will only be required to provide a generic reference letter for your current job or any other documentation if possible.
Hi,
Thank you very much for the clarification, I wont mention my current job in the EE profile and will add information about the current job in the personal history section. For the current job, I can furnish the offer letter and pay stubs. What is a generic reference letter? Please clarify.

Nov 5, 2018
Hey yes it worked for me. I got my PR in Apr (AOR Dec). submitted self attested reference letter, LOE and every employment proof i could gather- salary slips, confirmation letter, employment letter, tax filing etc
Hi! Your reply is really quiet helpful. Actually, I have joined a new job after i received my ITA. I was not expecting that I would receive an ITA so soon. So now, I am confused if i should declare this job at all as I would not get a reference letter by any chance or do I have another option to declare this job without a reference letter.

Can you or other members please help me with this query. I only got 40 days or so to complete and submit my profile.

Arathy0710

Nov 5, 2018
Hey yes it worked for me. I got my PR in Apr (AOR Dec). submitted self attested reference letter, LOE and every employment proof i could gather- salary slips, confirmation letter, employment letter, tax filing etc
Hello,
Could you please provide me a sample format on the self attested reference letter. Kindly let me know the specifications that might be required for such letter, if possible could you provide me with a sample recommendation letter a colleague can provide?
Thanking you in advance

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Hi! Your reply is really quiet helpful. Actually, I have joined a new job after i received my ITA. I was not expecting that I would receive an ITA so soon. So now, I am confused if i should declare this job at all as I would not get a reference letter by any chance or do I have another option to declare this job without a reference letter.

Can you or other members please help me with this query. I only got 40 days or so to complete and submit my profile.
If you have sufficient points from your previous work experiences, you don't need to show your current work experience.

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Hello,
Could you please provide me a sample format on the self attested reference letter. Kindly let me know the specifications that might be required for such letter, if possible could you provide me with a sample recommendation letter a colleague can provide?
Thanking you in advance
i dont have a format for colleague, you should be able to find something on the forum. i can send you the self attested one..

Reactions: tembak

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017

do not hide the information as it could lead to misinterpretation. you can detail the current job under personal history so you dont need to submit any proofs for that

Sourabhsj

Apr 7, 2018
Just tell them you are going for some certification or e-learning course from some foreign institution and wont qualify if your job description or position does not meet the institution's criteria. My friend did the same and his HR gave the letter. He told them he wanted to do the course to develop his skills in his existing job. The HR was more than happy to give the letter :)
I am in the exact same situation and I gave the reason that I wanted to opt for a certification. Now the HR also wants to include the reason (he wants to go for XYZ certification) in this reference letter, which will be against the standard format of the reference letter that we are suppose to submit.

I am in tight spot right now. What do I do? Should I get the reference letter from my current organization which will include the reason that I gave (certification related) and submit the same to the authorities / VO and give them an explanation as to why it has the certification reason in the reference letter. I can, of course provide supporting documents like pay slip, offer letter etc.

Can someone help me get out of this situation without jeopardising my relationship with the current employer?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
I am in the exact same situation and I gave the reason that I wanted to opt for a certification. Now the HR also wants to include the reason (he wants to go for XYZ certification) in this reference letter, which will be against the standard format of the reference letter that we are suppose to submit.

I am in tight spot right now. What do I do? Should I get the reference letter from my current organization which will include the reason that I gave (certification related) and submit the same to the authorities / VO and give them an explanation as to why it has the certification reason in the reference letter. I can, of course provide supporting documents like pay slip, offer letter etc.

Can someone help me get out of this situation without jeopardising my relationship with the current employer?
If the reference letter has all the information cic needs it doesn't matter if the purpose is stated in the letter. All they need to know is if you worked for the company and the job duties.

vgind

Nov 2, 2018

Hello,

I am also in the same situation. My HR has given me the reference in the format requested by CIC but it clearly says that this letter solely for the purpose of study.
What are you planning to do now?

Reactions: Sourabhsj