+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got PR without work experience reference letter?

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
not necessary. I couldn't provide the requisite ref letter for my current job and my application was approved. its a case on basis, also depending on type of organisation, visa officer etc.
Was your job required to claim the points or qualify under your program? If it is not required, they don't need the letter. Also, what other supporting evidence did you provide?
I did not provide letter from current employer either, but one of my previous jobs qualified me for FSW and provided the necessary CRS points. That employer had provided the requisite letter.

enticing typhoon

Star Member
Jun 3, 2018
Hello guys , Need urgent help !!!! I work in a private dental clinic and theres no HR manage as such ... just the front desk receptionist who receives all calls and emails .... I can get a reference letter but whose name do i put at the end ?? Can i put the receptionists name or the owners name ?? Even if i write the owners name , can i put the clinic email id ?? Cz i doubt whether the clinic owner would reply to cic in case a check happens cz hes a very busy person .....
Thanks a lot in advance !

djangoboy

May 3, 2018
Hey yes it worked for me. I got my PR in Apr (AOR Dec). submitted self attested reference letter, LOE and every employment proof i could gather- salary slips, confirmation letter, employment letter, tax filing etc
Could you please share the same

365GoodDay

Jan 31, 2018
Hey yes it worked for me. I got my PR in Apr (AOR Dec). submitted self attested reference letter, LOE and every employment proof i could gather- salary slips, confirmation letter, employment letter, tax filing etc
Hi,
Thanks for sharing your valuable information!
I'm in the same situation. Can you please guide me what did you submit for the job description?
I would appreciate your help!

Jul 25, 2018
Was your job required to claim the points or qualify under your program? If it is not required, they don't need the letter. Also, what other supporting evidence did you provide?
I did not provide letter from current employer either, but one of my previous jobs qualified me for FSW and provided the necessary CRS points. That employer had provided the requisite letter.
hey, can u please advise if not giving reference letter from present employer affect your timeline of application being accepted.
I have total 8+ years of exp over 3 jobs, even if i get the reference letter from previous employer, where i worked for 3+ years, i will qualify the EE score, should i go for providing reference letters from all others?? or one itself will suffice?? will it affect my overall profile?

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
hey, can u please advise if not giving reference letter from present employer affect your timeline of application being accepted.
I have total 8+ years of exp over 3 jobs, even if i get the reference letter from previous employer, where i worked for 3+ years, i will qualify the EE score, should i go for providing reference letters from all others?? or one itself will suffice?? will it affect my overall profile?
It will not make any difference to your processing time. This 3+ year job should be within the last 10 years and the job duties should match your primary NOC. Make sure you keep the rest of the experience in personal details section and keep only this job in the work experience section of the application (post ITA).

Reactions: Maple_Leaf_2019
Jul 25, 2018
It will not make any difference to your processing time. This 3+ year job should be within the last 10 years and the job duties should match your primary NOC. Make sure you keep the rest of the experience in personal details section and keep only this job in the work experience section of the application (post ITA).
Thanks for replying :)
Can u please elaborate on this... as you said.. should keep present work experience in the personal section. Does all of the work experiences matter? How does it make a difference to our application.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Thanks for replying :)
Can u please elaborate on this... as you said.. should keep present work experience in the personal section. Does all of the work experiences matter? How does it make a difference to our application.
You have to truthfully report all your activities such as work, education, social association memberships etc. in the personal details section.

Reactions: Maple_Leaf_2019

djangoboy

May 3, 2018
Hi Guys need your help and i don't have a reference letter and in place of that I'm submitting all the below.

-Appointment letter
-Offer letter
-Confirmation letter after probation
-Roles and responsibilities on companies letter head and only the roles and responsibilities are listed to support my claim it is myself I have the appointment letter
-Revised compensation letter
-16 payslips till date
-Bonus letter
- Self attested from notary public, attesting my roles and responsibilities.
-IT returns
-Form16

Will the above be fine for proof of work experience?

Last edited:

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Hi Guys need your help and i don't have a reference letter and in place of that I'm submitting all the below.

-Appointment letter
-Offer letter
-Confirmation letter after probation
-Roles and responsibilities on companies letter head and only the roles and responsibilities are listed to support my claim it is myself I have the appointment letter
-Revised compensation letter
-16 payslips till date
-Bonus letter
- Self attested from notary public, attesting my roles and responsibilities.
-IT returns
-Form16

Will the above be fine for proof of work experience?
Difficult to say, the only way to find out is by submitting.

Reactions: jyothis890

djangoboy

May 3, 2018
Now I have a letter stating that the company is not in a position to grant a letter for an existing employee, hope this fits