+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

.......Got PR for Canada and Now DV Lottery..............

KKKKK

Star Member
Sep 3, 2010
I got PR and I have 3 months to enter to Canada.
I got DV Lottery for US and Started process.. (takes 3-4 months for final decision)
Dilemma where to settle US or Canada?

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:D Hi, Congratulations!!.
Recently I could see another member of this forum won US State lottery for cash almost US$ 200,000. but not for Green Card..
Glad to see that the immigrants started winning on lotteries.
I want to try again a Lotto Max. May win or loose five dollars!!!.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
K, if you have only 3 months to enter Canada, you should better go land before your PR visa expires. Once it's gone, it's gone. You don't have to settle right away though. You can just land and then go back home. As a PR, you may be outside Canada for up to 3 years in a 5 year period.

Then you can wait to see what happens with the US green card. If you get it, the choice is yours.

You could also go just before your PR visa expires, land in Canada, spend some time in Canada and then if you have the US green card, you could go to the US, spend some time, see how you like it. Look for jobs etc.

marvik2011

May 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/12/2009
Doc's Request.
09/04/2010
Med's Request
24/05/2012
Med's Done....
11/06/2012
Interview........
No no no
Passport Req..
20/07/2012
VISA ISSUED...
31/07/2012
LANDED..........
end of August 2012
Leon said:
K, if you have only 3 months to enter Canada, you should better go land before your PR visa expires. Once it's gone, it's gone. You don't have to settle right away though. You can just land and then go back home. As a PR, you may be outside Canada for up to 3 years in a 5 year period.

Then you can wait to see what happens with the US green card. If you get it, the choice is yours.

You could also go just before your PR visa expires, land in Canada, spend some time in Canada and then if you have the US green card, you could go to the US, spend some time, see how you like it. Look for jobs etc.
+1

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KKKKK said:
I got PR and I have 3 months to enter to Canada.
I got DV Lottery for US and Started process.. (takes 3-4 months for final decision)
Dilemma where to settle US or Canada?
Heads up.

There have been a few scams recently regarding DV lottery, are you 100% sure :)

KKKKK

Star Member
Sep 3, 2010
we have checked through US site by using conformation number and got the print from kcc office of USA..........anyways thanks for the info.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KKKKK said:
we have checked through US site by using conformation number and got the print from kcc office of USA..........anyways thanks for the info.
Good, just being careful :)