+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got PR based on NOC-PNP but work in different NOC

kolkata1988

Feb 27, 2018
Hi Experts,

I have got PNP nominated from Nova Scotia in July 2017 and then I got ITA from CIC.
I got PNP based on high skilled NOC code 2171 (IT Analyst -2 years experience) which is my primary NOC but I have also previous job experience in NOC 2172(Data Warehouse Analyst-5 years experience) .
Now I am planning to land in Nova Scotia in next few months.

Now I am worried that after having PR, I do not sufficient work experience in NOC 2171 (IT Analyst) to sustain in IT Analyst position. My question is that now can I modified my resume and apply for the job of NOC 2172(Data Warehouse Analyst) to the companies of NS? or I have to work in NOC 2171 as I got nominated from province?

Please NOTE: actually my responsibilities of 2172 consists 50% responsibilities of 2171, so may I now apply for the job against 2172?

Thanks in advance for your valuable response.

Last edited:

h1b2pr

Mar 22, 2017
Hi Experts,

I have got PNP nominated from Nova Scotia in July 2017 and then I got ITA from CIC.
I got PNP based on high skilled NOC code 2171 (IT Analyst -2 years experience) which is my primary NOC but I have also previous job experience in NOC 2172(Data Warehouse Analyst-5 years experience) .
Now I am planning to land in Nova Scotia in next few months.

Now I am worried that after having PR, I do not sufficient work experience in NOC 2171 (IT Analyst) to sustain in IT Analyst position. My question is that now can I modified my resume and apply for the job of NOC 2172(Data Warehouse Analyst) to the companies of NS? or I have to work in NOC 2171 as I got nominated from province?

Thanks in advance for your valuable response.
After getting PR, you can do what ever you want I believe. It doesn't matter what occupation you work for.
On a side note, can you please share your PNP experience? did you get through Category B?

kolkata1988

Feb 27, 2018
After getting PR, you can do what ever you want I believe. It doesn't matter what occupation you work for.
On a side note, can you please share your PNP experience? did you get through Category B?
NS PNP process is very hectic process. Try to go through express entry.
Actually, I hard that when you get a job in canada, the employer check your PR profile(express entry) and also check the NOC mentioned in EE. Is it true?
NOTE: actually my responsibilities of 2172 consists 50% responsibilities of 2171, so may I now apply for the job against 2172?

h1b2pr

Mar 22, 2017
NS PNP process is very hectic process. Try to go through express entry.
Actually, I hard that when you get a job in canada, the employer check your PR profile(express entry) and also check the NOC mentioned in EE. Is it true?
NOTE: actually my responsibilities of 2172 consists 50% responsibilities of 2171, so may I now apply for the job against 2172?
I don't think companies even bother about NOCs with PR and Citizens. If you are good in interview that should be good.
Express entry is only for people with very good CRS score. When they end up all options with Express entry they look out for PNP.
Was it category B you got through?

Reactions: kolkata1988

kolkata1988

Feb 27, 2018
I don't think companies even bother about NOCs with PR and Citizens. If you are good in interview that should be good.
Express entry is only for people with very good CRS score. When they end up all options with Express entry they look out for PNP.
Was it category B you got through?
Yes... As I did not have job offer, I applied under cat B

Can_Pratheep

Jul 4, 2018
you will have only 1 hour
Hi Kolkata1988, if you don't mind, can you please tell your CRS score especially IELTS score. Also by now, I believe, you would have settled in NS. How's the job scenario over there? Can you please share some info. Thanks in advance.

sarahharas

Jan 8, 2019

I have a similar problem.
I have 8 years of experience under NOC 2171 and 1 year under NOC 1114.

I might put NOC 1114 as primary but I've worked as an IT Financial Planer during my last year of school (2014) and I got my bachelor degree in Economics in 2015. I am afraid that there could be a problem with the specified date when I became qualified to practice in this occupation. Also, I got my Computer Science degree in 2009 and since 2010 have worked in occupations related to IT consulting.

So, is it OK if I put the Primary NOC 2171 and I apply for PNP with NOC 1114?

Thank you!

sadya

Mar 30, 2020
I have a similar problem.
I have 8 years of experience under NOC 2171 and 1 year under NOC 1114.

I might put NOC 1114 as primary but I've worked as an IT Financial Planer during my last year of school (2014) and I got my bachelor degree in Economics in 2015. I am afraid that there could be a problem with the specified date when I became qualified to practice in this occupation. Also, I got my Computer Science degree in 2009 and since 2010 have worked in occupations related to IT consulting.

So, is it OK if I put the Primary NOC 2171 and I apply for PNP with NOC 1114?

Thank you!
Hi there,

I am in the same situation. I am wondering can I put NOC B as my primary noc in EE while my PNP is in an NOC A?
Can you share what you did here?

rish6

Sep 5, 2013
Hey there,
do you think if i have two jobs in 1 year. ( one is primary noc and other is not primary), then my invitation or pnp can be based on the secondary noc (whihc is mentioned to display to the cic to showcase my dual skilled year)? Thank you so much

Dagul

Aug 21, 2023
Hi there,

I am in the same situation. I am wondering can I put NOC B as my primary noc in EE while my PNP is in an NOC A?
Can you share what you did here?
I also have the same concern. Did you get an answer?