+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got PPR but no response from CPC ottawa (applicant outside canada)

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
mlisj123 said:
I have not. received any letter in MyCiC but i got below email. So I have to contact ottawa again!?

Please be advised that your extension has been granted to submit your passport. Please send an e-mail to CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca when you send the passport in October
Did you asked for extension of time to submit passport?

mlisj123

Apr 6, 2015
yeah. currently im in europe for a long holiday. so when I go back in another 2 weeks I will submit my passport. But Im afraid they will take another 4 weeks to reply again :eek:

olivia0827

Mar 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rcvd ppr on 14th Aug,sent email for vo change on 17th Aug,no response from ottawa since then...

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
olivia0827 said:
Rcvd ppr on 14th Aug,sent email for vo change on 17th Aug,no response from ottawa since then...
Which Visa Office you requested for? It sometime takes 2 working weeks. I asked for 2 VOs and got for one in NDVO and awaiting another for London VO from 19th Aug. Looks like the individual VO is taking time. I would say let's not worry (but I know I'm worried too and little impatient)

patreya

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Hi all,

I had send an email on 19th August to change to local VO (Germany).

Just today morning I received an email. But the content of this email is same as that of the original one from mycic account, except that the dates are different. Now I have one more month to submit the passports.

But it still says, if I live outside Canada/US, to contact them? Somehow it seems they got mixed up with changing VO to just extension of date request?

Did this happen to anyone else?

asharma86

Sep 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2015
AOR Received.
02-05-2015
Med's Done....
24-04-2015
Passport Req..
31-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2015
mlisj123 said:
after two weeks they replied saying log a case specific enquiry. I did that and then no news after. It has been an additional 2 weeks now.
mlisj123,

Against which VO did you raise the CSE? CPC-Ottawa or any other VO?

Also from the response that you received from CPC - Do you mean to say that one should not just send an email to cpc id for change of VO but also raise a CSE against local (desired) VO too?

I have received PPR from CPC-Ottawa VO today and have to get it changed to New Delhi VO hence asking..

ullu_ka_pattha

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From part of the thread "DM but no PPR" am now a part of this thread of "PPR but no VO"

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
patreya said:
Hi all,

I had send an email on 19th August to change to local VO (Germany).

Just today morning I received an email. But the content of this email is same as that of the original one from mycic account, except that the dates are different. Now I have one more month to submit the passports.

But it still says, if I live outside Canada/US, to contact them? Somehow it seems they got mixed up with changing VO to just extension of date request?

Did this happen to anyone else?
Letter content almost similar except they write that vfs is our authorised transporter blah blah in new Delhi/Germany etc and rest all will be same. You letter doesn't have any reference like that?

patreya

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
No, there is no mention VFS in my request letter. Both letters are identical except the date.

But I talked to the VFS Germany, and they send me an email saying as follows:

"If you have received notification from the Government of Canada requesting your passport, your passport along with the request letter and VFS consent form may be submitted through this Canada Visa Application Centre."

So I think I will mail it to them. Anyhow I have to send it to them.

Archi2

Dec 23, 2014
Iran
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi

I have the same problem.. I got ppr on 19th August and sent an email to ottawa about VO. no response till today that I got the same ppr letter in my email. withe the topic your visa is ready but nothing about VO.

I'm in Iran and we don't have VO in Iran. Our Vo is usually Ankara, Turkey.

So should I send them another email? any one withe the same situation?

patreya

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
@catsthinking
Would you be so kind to post the difference section only, if there are no personal information.

@Archi2
We are in the same boat. My local VO is also Austria. But my local VAC is Dusseldorf Germany. So I send the passport to dusseldorf and they will forward it to Austria, and Austria is only authorized to stamp visa and provide CoPR.

I think for you also you can check where is your closest VAC, even though your VO is ankara
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/ankara.asp

You might have to give biometrics as well, so you might have to go in person

asharma86

Sep 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2015
AOR Received.
02-05-2015
Med's Done....
24-04-2015
Passport Req..
31-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2015
It's strange how the number of cases where CIC has re-issued the same 'Ready for Visa' email without changing the visa office is ever-increasing. What can we do about it? Is it advisable to approach the local VFS office before CIC sends the revised VO email?

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
patreya said:
@ catsthinking
Would you be so kind to post the difference section only, if there are no personal information.

@ Archi2
We are in the same boat. My local VO is also Austria. But my local VAC is Dusseldorf Germany. So I send the passport to dusseldorf and they will forward it to Austria, and Austria is only authorized to stamp visa and provide CoPR.

I think for you also you can check where is your closest VAC, even though your VO is ankara
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/ankara.asp

You might have to give biometrics as well, so you might have to go in person

This is what I have in addition to previous PPR

VFS is our trusted partner for safe and secure passport transmission. Using VFS services is the only way to submit your passport. Contact VFS in India (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india ) and pay the requisite fees for the Passport Transmission Services . A separate envelope is required for each passport.  Please take this letter and present it to VFS for the purchase of the secure Passport Transmission Service . VFS will send your passport to the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi in a secure envelope. You will then be advised by VFS when your passport has been returned and is ready to be picked up.