+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

got PPR, but married

yolower

Star Member
Mar 19, 2017
Hi All,
I got my PPR today, but I am married. There is an option to inform CIC regarding my change of marital status. After informing them, What will CIC request? Can I still send my Passport for stamping as I reside in Canada and my wife resides outside Canada?
Thanks

yolower

Star Member
Mar 19, 2017
When did the marital status change? During the PR processing? If yes, you need to inform CIC about any change through IRCC Webform.

please refer - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=052&top=3
yes, it changed during PR processing and I did inform them about my change in marital status as soon as I got married. But I still got the PPR request and in this email, they have given an option to update my application by sending them an email. So my question is, can I send in my passport to get the visa stamped or should I wait for a reply from cic?

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
yes, it changed during PR processing and I did inform them about my change in marital status as soon as I got married. But I still got the PPR request and in this email, they have given an option to update my application by sending them an email. So my question is, can I send in my passport to get the visa stamped or should I wait for a reply from cic?
If you have send an email, CIC generally takes a month to reply. Web form replies come within 7 days. So, before sending your passport please call CIC and ask the status of your email/webform, whether or not it is linked to your file and should you wait or send the passport.

oliveirapaulo

Jun 7, 2019
Hi there!

May I ask you: how did your application end up going? I'm in a similar situation:
  • Have notified IRCC almost 30 days ago (on May 9th 2019) about my marriage
  • 3 days after I got a response from the Web department saying they had forwarded the info I provided to the responsible VO
  • After that, no updates at all
My application is quite close to being finalised (already passed medical exams a few days ago, and people from the same time I submitted my application [March 2018] are getting their PPRs).

I would really appreciate any info on what happened to your case.