+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got layoff while PR is in processing, and BC PNP got nominated

stevenguyen

Aug 10, 2019
I got BC PNP nominated 3 months ago. I started to submit PR 2 months ago, and it's estimated to be finished at the end of December. However, my company has a financial problem so all of my team got laid-off. My company has already filed my Record of Employment (ROE) to Canada Service.

I have researched many threads about that. Some people said that it won't affect the P.R application because it is in the process but need to find a new job with 3 months. However, most people said BC PNP would be withdrawn, and PR would be canceled.

As I saw in the PR process, my medical results have been passed but the review of eligibility is still processing.

How my PR effected? and What should I do now? Should I inform BC PNP or EE about that? Would it be better to report now or wait until I get a new job? I am a Software Developer so I think I might get a new job within a month.

Should I go to the PNP office to ask for advice?

In case I report my status, and they withdraw my PNP but I get a new job at the end of August. Do I need to start everything over again or just need to update my current application? Since my working permit expires at the end of this November, I don't really go this process again.

Hope to have some advice for my case. Thank you

stevenguyen

Aug 10, 2019
I am lucky to find a new job after 2 weeks of getting laid off so I did inform PNP but I also attach my documents from the new company to that letter