+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got GCMS notes and found out the reason why my application is delayed.

pocketchoi

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-14
AOR Received.
06-05-14
IELTS Request
With my application
Med's Request
26-05-15
seton said:
They will assess your application to the date it was received, so the subsequent work experience won't factor in after the application date. If the additional information will help clarify that you were eligible over the entire period (i.e. you had at least 12 full-time months out of the 15), then I don't think that is a bad idea.
Ok, then where could i sent them to?

Does anybody know?

seton

Jun 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
21-02-2013
Passport Req..
04-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2013
LANDED..........
03-05-2013
pocketchoi said:
Ok, then where could i sent them to?

Does anybody know?
Instructions including your file number should be in your AOR

pocketchoi

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-14
AOR Received.
06-05-14
IELTS Request
With my application
Med's Request
26-05-15
seton said:
Oh yes that e-mail.
Thank you very much! ;D

pocketchoi

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-14
AOR Received.
06-05-14
IELTS Request
With my application
Med's Request
26-05-15
seton said:
Ok,
so i check my all paystubs for 15months, then if any of thoes months I worked less than 30hrs/week. that month won't be a full time month. Right?

Then i don't count that month at all for my eligible time? Or count it as partime month? and if it does, how do i need to calculate partime hours to compensate?

Thank you so much for the info.

And just in case i think i need to prepare plan B.
I was considering applying for my BOWP in MArch, since my work(post graduate) expires in July.
Should i still do it?

Also, I know i need to look new express way PR rules, can i apply for it from another country, and can i wait for it out of canada?
I haven't been home for soooo long time. I think i really need to go home. :(

pocketchoi

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-14
AOR Received.
06-05-14
IELTS Request
With my application
Med's Request
26-05-15
Umer_Ali said:
the problem is that salary on LoE and NoA earning is not matching....they would have asked for paychecks or any proof any ways even if you didnot sent pay stubs as your LoE salary and NoA are not matching

check all your paychecks from dec 2012 to april 2014 and separate all those on which it shows you worked less than 30 hours......now you need to add the total hours worked less than 30 and divide them by 30 and that should be the number of weeks that will be counted as full time or towards 52 week period

like if you have 5 weeks in which you worked less than 30 hours and that hours are 0 hour +15 hour+ 20 h+ 17+29 =81/30=2.7 weeks u worked and not 5............

hope this helps ur cause...best of luck
Thanks, how did you find out that calculation? In my case , I just need to find weeks that I didn't work full hrs and calculate them as part time?

greekhero

Star Member
Nov 19, 2014
How many paystubs we are required to submit? I thought just need to submit the recent one, as it has YTD amount/ hours??

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
pocketchoi said:
so i check my all paystubs for 15months, then if any of thoes months I worked less than 30hrs/week. that month won't be a full time month. Right?
Sorry - don't count it by month, count it by weeks. Full-time is calculated at the level of the week (30 or more hours per week), not the month, so you need the equivalent of 52 weeks of full-time employment.

Make a spreadsheet for all weeks - if the week is 30 or more hours, just count it as one full-time week. Count all the full-time weeks (round down, not up).

If the week is less than 30 hours, it is part- time and you need to add up all the part-time hours, then divide by 30. that gives you the number of FTE weeks.

Add Full time weeks + FTE weeks - if it is greater than 52, you qualify. If you want to send the spreadsheet and calculations to CIC, it may help.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
greekhero said:
How many paystubs we are required to submit? I thought just need to submit the recent one, as it has YTD amount/ hours??
Paystubs are not required. They are supplemental if your application/situation requires them. For hourly workers (as opposed to salaried), and particularly those whose hours vary every week (mix of part time and full time), sometimes it helps to submit copies of all, but it can also backfire if you haven't calculated your time correctly...

greekhero

Star Member
Nov 19, 2014
jes_ON said:
Paystubs are not required. They are supplemental if your application/situation requires them. For hourly workers (as opposed to salaried), and particularly those whose hours vary every week (mix of part time and full time), sometimes it helps to submit copies of all, but it can also backfire if you haven't calculated your time correctly...
Thanks man

pocketchoi

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-14
AOR Received.
06-05-14
IELTS Request
With my application
Med's Request
26-05-15
jes_ON said:
Sorry - don't count it by month, count it by weeks. Full-time is calculated at the level of the week (30 or more hours per week), not the month, so you need the equivalent of 52 weeks of full-time employment.

Make a spreadsheet for all weeks - if the week is 30 or more hours, just count it as one full-time week. Count all the full-time weeks (round down, not up).

If the week is less than 30 hours, it is part- time and you need to add up all the part-time hours, then divide by 30. that gives you the number of FTE weeks.

Add Full time weeks + FTE weeks - if it is greater than 52, you qualify. If you want to send the spreadsheet and calculations to CIC, it may help.

Awesome! Thanks :)
And my paystubs only show hours by payperiod(every two weeks) if that's not over 60 hours, how would find out which week is small week?

For example, in May I worked 58hrs. If you divide by 2, it is 29 hours for each week.
But I might work one week 34 hours and the other week 24 hours right?

Will my payroll records will show theses?

I feel so stupid, I thought hours won't be a problem cuz it was 15months of work.
And now I am doing this which I've done it before I sent to my application......
Hope this thread help other a lot....

Thanks all.

seton

Jun 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
21-02-2013
Passport Req..
04-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2013
LANDED..........
03-05-2013
Jes' advice is better - a weekly calculation would give you better clarity on your eligibility. It is important to not count any week over 30 hours as more than a full time week.

For example:

Week 1: 25 hours
Week 2: 45 hours
Week 3: 25 hours

That would equate to 2 full time weeks, despite the fact you worked 95 hours. Week 2 would be considered a full-time week, while weeks 1 and 3 would be added together and divided by 30 to equate 1 full time equivalent week.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
pocketchoi said:
Awesome! Thanks :)
And my paystubs only show hours by payperiod(every two weeks) if that's not over 60 hours, how would find out which week is small week?

For example, in May I worked 58hrs. If you divide by 2, it is 29 hours for each week.
But I might work one week 34 hours and the other week 24 hours right?

Will my payroll records will show theses?

I feel so stupid, I thought hours won't be a problem cuz it was 15months of work.
And now I am doing this which I've done it before I sent to my application......
Hope this thread help other a lot....
I don't have a good sense of how many part-time weeks you had - if they weren't many, then you're probably OK.

But you can ask payroll to see if they can provide you with the weekly hours, that is the best route.

Otherwise, if your only option is to go by bi-weekly paystubs, then just revise the above routine using 26 paystubs per year, and 60 hours per bi-weekly paystub.

And remember, you're permitted 2 weeks of vacation per year, so if it comes down to it, you might be able to make a case if you can show the weeks you took vacation and count those weeks as 60 hours... But don't go there unless you have to...

pocketchoi

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-14
AOR Received.
06-05-14
IELTS Request
With my application
Med's Request
26-05-15
jes_ON said:
I don't have a good sense of how many part-time weeks you had - if they weren't many, then you're probably OK.

But you can ask payroll to see if they can provide you with the weekly hours, that is the best route.

Otherwise, if your only option is to go by bi-weekly paystubs, then just revise the above routine using 26 paystubs per year, and 60 hours per bi-weekly paystub.

And remember, you're permitted 2 weeks of vacation per year, so if it comes down to it, you might be able to make a case if you can show the weeks you took vacation and count those weeks as 60 hours... But don't go there unless you have to...
Thank you so much for your comments. :)
I don't think i have that many of less hour weeks.
But i will get my weekly hour payroll records tomorrow, so i will do that spread sheets.

I can attach sheets with my email to ottawa? follow the instructions in AOR email, right?

Thank you.

pocketchoi

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-14
AOR Received.
06-05-14
IELTS Request
With my application
Med's Request
26-05-15
Hello, all.

Now, everything is all done.
I got pay records and worked out(made an excel sheet), and found out I worked 65 full weeks.
So I sent it out to visa office.

I am so paranoid that i made mistakes on calculation, but i think i did it properly. (I followed what you guys told me :))

Hope everything is ok.

Thank you again for all the replies.