+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got An ITA but discovered something bad

brian999

Sep 21, 2011
So I got my ITA today and was so happy because its an ITA!

Problem is I discovered that I answered the section "Intended work Canada" section with a "Yes" during CEC application.

Does ______________have a job offer in Canada?
The offer must:
be for full-time and for at least one year
meet different requirements depending on type of job (i.e. some need apprenticeships and certification) and
be non-seasonal for Federal Skilled Workers.

upon doing more research I found I should have answered "NO" cuz my work is not supported by an LMIA or LMO. (My heart just stopped for a sec at this point...)

I'm basically on a PGWP. But I answered the other questions truthfully about not having LMIA and did therefore did not get additional points for this section.

My question is should I just continue my application and put "NO" on that section (somebody :( please say yes....)

This section has no effect at all on my point of 453.

Another question is what if your previous employer closed down or is unresponsive to give you a record of employment? Can you submitt pay stubs and write the reason why you can't reach them?

THANK YOU!

jamezmoran

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
If you received points on the basis of CIC thinking you had an LMIA, and not having an LMIA would put you below the cutoff for your invitation, you must reject. If however you did not receive any points for an LMIA, you will be fine if you explain in your LoE. Under CEC, you are still eligible to apply even if you don't have a job offer.

g_singh76

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
Doc's Request.
28-01-2017
Passport Req..
15-05-2017
LANDED..........
25-05-2017
Your answer should be yes. After that answer, it will ask you in the end, was the positive LMIA was issued, you answer NO. That's what I did. you don't get points but you should have an offer of employment issued by your employer with the job duties under your NOC

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
g_singh76 said:
Your answer should be yes. After that answer, it will ask you in the end, was the positive LMIA was issued, you answer NO. That's what I did. you don't get points but you should have an offer of employment issued by your employer with the job duties under your NOC
This is incorrect.

Answer should be "no" - otherwise there will be be a placeholder for offer of employment and letter of employment which are only needed when claiming a valid job offer.

brian999x

Mar 2, 2012
Thanks for the replies. That part is kinda confusing and you would need to research on it on what is a "vaid" offer.

I think i should put "no" on it. I did not affect my score at all. It also removed the upload offer letter option on the online application.

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
brian999x said:
Thanks for the replies. That part is kinda confusing and you would need to research on it on what is a "vaid" offer.

I think i should put "no" on it. I did not affect my score at all. It also removed the upload offer letter option on the online application.
You are anyway not given points for LMIA, so you should be okay. Here they know that you have a job but not LMIA. If they were under the impression that your have a job offer with LMIA, they would have give you 600 more points. Go ahead and apply, and mention in the LOE about your current status. Good luck

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
brian999x said:

I too had answered with "Yes" at the time that I received the ITA, but since my job offer is not a valid job offer I changed the answer to "No" and explained the situation in my LOE. As soon as you switch the answer to "No" it no longer asks you to upload an offer letter.