+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got AIP Stage 1 Study Visa. Pakistan. SDS

samsit

Aug 11, 2020
Hi, I’m new to this forum.
Could someone confirm how many days it took to change from status - ‘submitted’ to first stage approval? I applied through general category as I haven’t done my biometric yet and the application is for Fall 2020 intake.

jaz112233

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
I have few questions.

1. Financial Proof? Are they asking for GIC again? or something els.
2. Proof of Travel History? Asking for stamps/visas ?

Didn't you submit these documents already? Why are they asking them again.
i submitted Gic but they are asking for bank statements and other assets. And for travel history they only asked me the countries ive travelled to but now i have to scan 4 different passports and submit all the visas and stamps.

usman314

Jul 12, 2020
i submitted Gic but they are asking for bank statements and other assets. And for travel history they only asked me the countries ive travelled to but now i have to scan 4 different passports and submit all the visas and stamps.
That's strange. I thought with GIC that's all they want. GIC covers 1 year's expenses. How many countries did you visit in the past? Someone I know told me that they ask for last 5 years' travel history only. Secondly, Were you asked to list refusals as well from other countries than Canada?

jaz112233

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
That's strange. I thought with GIC that's all they want. GIC covers 1 year's expenses. How many countries did you visit in the past? Someone I know told me that they ask for last 5 years' travel history only. Secondly, Were you asked to list refusals as well from other countries than Canada?
They asked for past 10 years travel history. And ive been to around 10-12 different countries and have never been refused a visa

PwnerHarry

Star Member
Hi, I’m new to this forum.
Could someone confirm how many days it took to change from status - ‘submitted’ to first stage approval? I applied through general category as I haven’t done my biometric yet and the application is for Fall 2020 intake.
On the list of applications, it still says "submitted" even after AIP. But inside the application, you will see an "other" message at the bottom giving you the AIP letter.

deann20210

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
Hello I am new to this group, I applied June 1st via an Immigration Attorney..I am still yet to receive any update and no AIP, A friend of mine told me AIP have been sent out to successful students and no first stage rejection has been sent out, However some people who were rejected found out via their GCSM notes and never received any email or update from CIC or refusal...How true is this?

sunil.kaps

May 14, 2019
Helllo. Just wanted to share with other Pakistanis the information that I got AIP on 7th August Friday as stage 1 study visa.

I applied on 20th February 2020.
Did medical on 14th January 2020
Biometrics on 24th February 2020.
Medical Passed on 10th June 2020
Eligibility Review changed on 18th June 2020.
Got AIP message on 7th August 2020.

SDS Study route.
Master's in University of Alberta - Duration 1 year

Bachelor's CGPA - 3
IELTS - 7 Overall
Work Experience - 2 years in Pakistan
I applied myself and did not hire any consultant.

If you have any questions please comment below, however I don't use this platform that often. Hope this helped.

Here's the message I got from IRCC:

Hello, While the COVID-19 pandemic has presented a number of challenges world-wide, Canada’s whole-of-government approach is aimed at protecting the health of Canadians while minimizing the economic and social impact of restrictions. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada has implemented a temporary two-stage process to provide an update to international students who have not yet been able to provide all the required documents or information needed to have their application fully assessed in time for the fall semester.
You are receiving this notification as an officer has reviewed the information and documents you provided to support your study permit application. Based on this preliminary eligibility assessment, your application has advanced to the next stage of processing.
Additional information and documentation may be required in order to continue processing your application. If we previously requested that you complete biometrics and/or a medical examination and submit a police certificate, please do so as soon as you are able to. If you have not received a request from us for additional information or documents, please await further instructions.
Once we have received all requested information and documents, we will complete our assessment of your application and we will inform you of the final decision (approved or refused) made on your application.
While you await a final decision on your application you may commence your studies online.
If you are a representative who has received this notification, please ensure to advise your client(s) of this important information.
Thank you,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Brother, did you get your final approval? Because today i also received my AIP, is it confirmation that our visa is approved? Please let me know if you can
Thank you from INDIAN friend

MK00004

Star Member
Sep 12, 2010
the email that was sent to me which said my process has been moved to the second stage was an error , i just received an email from ircc , it was in my email on 3 rd sept sds pak

mithrans

Star Member
Aug 8, 2020
Helllo. Just wanted to share with other Pakistanis the information that I got AIP on 7th August Friday as stage 1 study visa.

I applied on 20th February 2020.
Did medical on 14th January 2020
Biometrics on 24th February 2020.
Medical Passed on 10th June 2020
Eligibility Review changed on 18th June 2020.
Got AIP message on 7th August 2020.

SDS Study route.
Master's in University of Alberta - Duration 1 year

Bachelor's CGPA - 3
IELTS - 7 Overall
Work Experience - 2 years in Pakistan
I applied myself and did not hire any consultant.

If you have any questions please comment below, however I don't use this platform that often. Hope this helped.

Here's the message I got from IRCC:

Hello, While the COVID-19 pandemic has presented a number of challenges world-wide, Canada’s whole-of-government approach is aimed at protecting the health of Canadians while minimizing the economic and social impact of restrictions. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada has implemented a temporary two-stage process to provide an update to international students who have not yet been able to provide all the required documents or information needed to have their application fully assessed in time for the fall semester.
You are receiving this notification as an officer has reviewed the information and documents you provided to support your study permit application. Based on this preliminary eligibility assessment, your application has advanced to the next stage of processing.
Additional information and documentation may be required in order to continue processing your application. If we previously requested that you complete biometrics and/or a medical examination and submit a police certificate, please do so as soon as you are able to. If you have not received a request from us for additional information or documents, please await further instructions.
Once we have received all requested information and documents, we will complete our assessment of your application and we will inform you of the final decision (approved or refused) made on your application.
While you await a final decision on your application you may commence your studies online.
If you are a representative who has received this notification, please ensure to advise your client(s) of this important information.
Thank you,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Hi ,
Did u get study permit?
If yes , may I know , how many days after AIP you got the final decision??