+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

got a job offer from tim horton through an agent

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Like a similar mail I am also got now for the accountant of household employees....
What can I do
You can copy and paste a copy of the job offer here but is likely to be a scam. without more information impossible to say but if they promise accommodation, flights , food and want copies of your documents upfront then likely will be a scam

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Like a similar mail I am also got now for the accountant of household employees....
What can I do
It's a scam. Zero chance it's a real job.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

As above posts it will be a scam given would anyone really think that a coffee shop would be employing anyone directly from outside of the country when there are plenty of residents and even students competing for such jobs . A job offer for Tim Hortons to a candidate from outside Canada would be almost as ridiculous as offering a job at a McDonalds to someone outside of the country.
1. Actually Tim Hortons does employ quite a few on temporary work permits.
2/ Read some of the articles from the Huffington post: https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/news/tim-hortons-foreign-workers/

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
HI

1. Actually Tim Hortons does employ quite a few on temporary work permits.
2/ Read some of the articles from the Huffington post: https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/news/tim-hortons-foreign-workers/
Interesting although that article was 5 years ago and even if goes on now people should still be wary of agents making promises as opposed to the company or franchise directly or at least having some direct contact . In the OPs case seemed a stretch for someone to drop straight into a manager role and get flight costs.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2019
Good day everyone? How are you? Just wanna ask something. I have a friend whos in visitor visa. Can he apply to work here in Canada like in Tim horton or subway? Do they give lmia? Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Good day everyone? How are you? Just wanna ask something. I have a friend whos in visitor visa. Can he apply to work here in Canada like in Tim horton or subway? Do they give lmia? Thanks
The Tim Horton or Subway needs to pay $1k and file for the LMIA. If the restaurant gets a LMIA then your friend applies for a closed work permit. Friend can’t work until work permit is approved.