+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got 35 points added for CEC and got ITA before 12 months completed. What should I do?

D

Deleted member 981115

Hey, did you end up applying??
I'm in the same situation. Got ITA with CRS 490 cutoff. My score is 507 and I complete my 2 yrs of work xp on April 26. With only 1yr xp, my score is 482. Are you 100% sure? Can you tell me a bit more about your application? What do you think about this law compared to what you said?

Under section A11.2, an officer may not issue a visa to an applicant who did not or does not meet the Express Entry minimum entry criteria (MEC) or did not or does not possess the qualifications for which they received their CRS score at the time when

• the invitation to apply (ITA) was issued; or
  • the e-APR was received by IRCC.

KemoOg

Jun 8, 2023
Hello, please I need help on my CEC. I completed my 12months of work in Canada on work permit end of May. I have updated express entry profile and the score is still not updating and it’s still saying ‘Not Met’ conditions for Canadian Experience Class.

SSR88

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
I am in the same situation..got my ita under but will complete one year by July 15.

Should I accept my ITA and submit my application after that ?

Tahirabd

Jun 25, 2023
I posted this in another similar thread. No, you do not need to reject the ITA. Use this time to gather your documents and submit your complete application when you have completed your 12 months. In terms of the employment letter to support your Canadian experience, just make sure it is dated after your 12 months is completed not before. I have done this and got approval - no need to sweat about it.

hello, as you have said in another thread on similar topic, (attache letter of explanation), can you plz share on how we should explain that situation in that letter ?? Please help

Tahirabd

Jun 25, 2023
I'm in the same situation. Got ITA with CRS 490 cutoff. My score is 507 and I complete my 2 yrs of work xp on April 26. With only 1yr xp, my score is 482. Are you 100% sure? Can you tell me a bit more about your application? What do you think about this law compared to what you said?

Under section A11.2, an officer may not issue a visa to an applicant who did not or does not meet the Express Entry minimum entry criteria (MEC) or did not or does not possess the qualifications for which they received their CRS score at the time when

• the invitation to apply (ITA) was issued; or
  • the e-APR was received by IRCC.
Did you add any Letter of Explanation? How did you explain the situation? Please explain

Tahirabd

Jun 25, 2023
I posted this in another similar thread. No, you do not need to reject the ITA. Use this time to gather your documents and submit your complete application when you have completed your 12 months. In terms of the employment letter to support your Canadian experience, just make sure it is dated after your 12 months is completed not before. I have done this and got approval - no need to sweat about it.
Can you please advise that how to explain this complex situation in the letter of explanation? Please help

Perspective

Star Member
Jun 29, 2022
Hi Everyone,
I am new to this thread. I have also applied under the CEC category. I started working for a company on May 02, 2022.
I went to India for 7 weeks, of which I worked remotely for 5 weeks and 2 weeks of paid vacation.
Considering that I created my EE profile on May 15 2023, I had declined my first ITA that I received on May 24, as I realized, that the above 5 weeks may/may not be counted for the 52 week experience.
So I ensured to complete the additional 5 week experience and accepted the ITA I received on 8th June 2023.
Total time experience from May 02, 2022 to June 8th 2023 - 57 weeks of which:
Remote work - 5 weeks
Paid vacation - 2 weeks

If I remove the 5 weeks of remote work I can still consider the 52 week mark when I received the ITA.
My concern is should I send a letter of explanation through webform, or let it be?

Any input will be highly appreciated! Thank you!

RSDT

Sep 27, 2023
Hi i am in a similar situation. I received the ITA January 11 2023 and I will officially have 1 year of experience January 13 2023. Do you have a reference where IRCC confirmed that we just need to wait for the 1 year to submit the application and that it will be acceptable? I’m just really confused at this point since some are saying i will need to decline the ITA
Hi, I am in a similar situation. I got ITA on 26 Sep 2023, however, my one year will complete on Oct 1, 2023. I read in another thread that there is an IRCC rule 11. 2 (or something) that states for claiming points for 1 year experience, the 12 month period should have met when we receive ITA (and not just when we submit the application) because one year is the minimum eligibility criteria for CEC. This is different if you were claiming points for 2 or more years of Canadian work experience. Any experience?

chiragbatra

Nov 23, 2022
Hi, I am in a similar situation. I got ITA on 26 Sep 2023, however, my one year will complete on Oct 1, 2023. I read in another thread that there is an IRCC rule 11. 2 (or something) that states for claiming points for 1 year experience, the 12 month period should have met when we receive ITA (and not just when we submit the application) because one year is the minimum eligibility criteria for CEC. This is different if you were claiming points for 2 or more years of Canadian work experience. Any experience?
That's correct. I rejected my ITA which I received in August (which I know many people would not suggest) because I was in a similar situation. I was also in India for 3 weeks plus I received it around 5-6 weeks early before completing 1560 hours (30 max in a week).

If you have a good score, you will get the ITA again but I don't think so it's worth the stress to go against the written rules. There have been mixed outcomes.

Sakshi D

Jun 20, 2023
Hi i am in a similar situation. I received the ITA January 11 2023 and I will officially have 1 year of experience January 13 2023. Do you have a reference where IRCC confirmed that we just need to wait for the 1 year to submit the application and that it will be acceptable? I’m just really confused at this point since some are saying i will need to decline the ITA
Hi did you accept the ita ?

Pem28

Nov 17, 2023
Hello, I just want to know when you first started the application, did you you tell you have 1 year experience? Or less than a year? Cause when I give less than a year it says I’m not eligible for express entry. Just wondering how you were able to qualify with less than a year experience. (I started working from Jan 2023 and was looking to create my express entry profile). Thank you.

forever21islander

Star Member
Apr 5, 2019
Hello, I just want to know when you first started the application, did you you tell you have 1 year experience? Or less than a year? Cause when I give less than a year it says I’m not eligible for express entry. Just wondering how you were able to qualify with less than a year experience. (I started working from Jan 2023 and was looking to create my express entry profile). Thank you.
Do not decline, the system auto calculate your score. Accept ITA and then submit the application when you have the full 1 yr. Example, if you are going to reach 1 year in December and your ITA is expiring in January you must submit the application in December on or after the day you reach the 1yr work experience. There are lots of Youtube videos explainning this. Check out Kubeir Kamal YouTube, he's a licenced immigration consultant and I use is videos to help me understand the CEC process

Akhil Tom Punnoose

Star Member
May 9, 2022
I started working for a Canadian company on Feb 28th, 2022.
In the recent draw (Jan 11th, 2023), I got 35 points added to my profile, making my total points 525, and I got my invitation to apply.
In the work history section, while creating the profile. I had mentioned the start date as 02/2022 as MM and YYYY, as the date was not a field. Should I accept the invitation now or wait until Feb 28th, 2023 is passed? Please advise.
Then what happened to ur profile?what’s the current situation?