+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got 35 points added for CEC and got ITA before 12 months completed. What should I do?

CommentDebate

Jul 12, 2020
I started working for a Canadian company on Feb 28th, 2022.
In the recent draw (Jan 11th, 2023), I got 35 points added to my profile, making my total points 525, and I got my invitation to apply.
In the work history section, while creating the profile. I had mentioned the start date as 02/2022 as MM and YYYY, as the date was not a field. Should I accept the invitation now or wait until Feb 28th, 2023 is passed? Please advise.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
In the recent draw (Jan 11th, 2023), I got 35 points added to my profile, making my total points 525, and I got my invitation to apply.
In the work history section, while creating the profile. I had mentioned the start date as 02/2022 as MM and YYYY, as the date was not a field. Should I accept the invitation now or wait until Feb 28th, 2023 is passed? Please advise.
You can accept ITA but don't submit your application until after Feb 28th.

forever21islander

Star Member
Apr 5, 2019
Do not declined the invitation. The system knows this, they usually calculate the one year up to 9 months before. No issue here

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
He/she can submit the profile before February 28th. It is normal to receive ITA a few days or a few months before the actual 12 months.
I'm not talking about submitting the profile. I'm talking about submitting the full application post ITA.

Reactions: Naturgrl

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can submit the application. It is quite normal for the system to count it as 2 years.
Agreed it's normal. However if someone needs the related points, they should not be submitted the application post ITA until they actually qualify for those points (i.e. really have the full year of work experience).

Reactions: tomtom104

forever21islander

Star Member
Apr 5, 2019
I'm not talking about submitting the profile. I'm talking about submitting the full application post ITA.
Agreed it's normal. However if someone needs the related points, they should not be submitted the application post ITA until they actually qualify for those points (i.e. really have the full year of work experience).
That's incorrect! I dont know where you got this information from. The system usually update work experience as early as 9 months. Like I said this is a normal practice of IRCC. When people reject ITA for this reason it puts a strain on the pool and soon they might implement a rule that prevent people from re-entering the pool for a specific period of time once they reject ITA.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
That's incorrect! I dont know where you got this information from. The system usually update work experience as early as 9 months. Like I said this is a normal practice of IRCC. When people reject ITA for this reason it puts a strain on the pool and soon they might implement a rule that prevent people from re-entering the pool for a specific period of time once they reject ITA.
You're still misunderstanding my post. People in this situation do not need to reject ITA. They need to accept ITA. They just need to wait until they have the full work experience before submitting the complete application post-ITA. This has been confirmed with IRCC and we have seen examples here of refused applications where the person submitted the complete application too early.

Once again, I never suggested anyone should reject ITA. Quite the opposite. Please read my posts again.

forever21islander

Star Member
Apr 5, 2019
[/QUOTE
You're still misunderstanding my post. People in this situation do not need to reject ITA. They need to accept ITA. They just need to wait until they have the full work experience before submitting the complete application post-ITA. This has been confirmed with IRCC and we have seen examples here of refused applications where the person submitted the complete application too early.

Once again, I never suggested anyone should reject ITA. Quite the opposite. Please read my posts again.
but what sense will it make it they are given 30 days to submit an application and have to wait 2 months or so reach the 1 years? I suggest the individual who posted the question here call IRCC for themselves and confirm the correct information

CommentDebate

Jul 12, 2020

There is no option to just accept the application and submit it later. This is what the letter says.

Your invitation is valid for 60 days from the date of this message.

You now have two options:
1) Decline this invitation; or
2) Apply online for permanent residence.

You must submit a complete application before 03/13/2023 12:00AM UTC time if you want to apply for permanent residence. You will not be able to submit an application based on this invitation to apply for permanent residence after the date and time listed above. We cannot give extensions.

So you mean Apply only after 28th Feb?

forever21islander

Star Member
Apr 5, 2019
There is no option to just accept the application and submit it later. This is what the letter says.

You must submit a complete application before 03/13/2023 12:00AM UTC time if you want to apply for permanent residence. You will not be able to submit an application based on this invitation to apply for permanent residence after the date and time listed above. We cannot give extensions.

Neither did I say you said they were to reject the ITA.

forever21islander

Star Member
Apr 5, 2019

Well they can submit after February 28th. As long as it doesn't exceed 60 days

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

The complete application is submitted post ITA. Everyone has the option to submit the application later - you just have to do this within the 60 days. So if you don't have the full year or two years of work experience until Feb 28th, then wait after this date to submit the complete application. Don't decline ITA. Just don't submit your application immediately / before Feb 28th.

luis2626

Oct 23, 2022

Hi i am in a similar situation. I received the ITA January 11 2023 and I will officially have 1 year of experience January 13 2023. Do you have a reference where IRCC confirmed that we just need to wait for the 1 year to submit the application and that it will be acceptable? I’m just really confused at this point since some are saying i will need to decline the ITA

Reactions: chiragbatra