+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Good News

tosinosho1992

Star Member
Nov 4, 2010
Hey guys,

Just an update on my application. I walked into the CHC London today and luckily for me I was asked if my application should be expedited and I gladly said a big YES. All glory to God, my application was approved and my visa and authorisation granted.

Just a bit of info I think might help all the prospective applicants. With all modesty, I am not trying to advice anybody, but just want to share the materials I came accross during my search for study permit application. Contrary to what people believe, study permit refusal is appealable by judicial review. Though the process is painstaking and time consuming, it is better than mounting up piles of refusal, especially if the refusals are baseless.

Ladies and gentlemen, here is the shocker, the almighty refusal wordings "No ties and not a genuine student" are all arbitrary. These wordings are meant to justify the visa officers' discretionary judgement. You would be surprised at the number of people that get their study permits approved without any ties here in the UK. In-case you have not noticed, here in the UK, applicants are not required to fill the background forms or submit their degree certificates and transcripts. I believe Canadian immigration is one of the fairest, and most refusals are based on the negligence or lack of genuine intentions of the applicant, which are evident in the proposed course of study, previous studies, personal circumstances e.tc

I implore you to read the live appeal cases of study permit refusals heard at the Federal Court of Canada, to have a general idea of what is expected of an applicant by the visa officer, and how cases are dealt with. Please follow this link:

decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-eliisa/search?language=EN&courtScope=fc&all=study+permit&title=&citation=

Above all the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. It is all about God.

I wish you all good luck with your applications and future endeavours.

tosinosho1992

Star Member
Nov 4, 2010
@ fariza

Thank you very much. And seriously, it's all about God.

@ blazinbeauties2002

Thanks for thanking Fariza on my behalf. What's happening with your application?