+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Good news summary post Oath invitation in September 2021

Bcer

Star Member
Jul 6, 2021
July 2019 - Citizenship Applicants
MississaugaSingle
As per tracker, oath ceremony updated today for Sept 29. No email received yet. DM was on June 21. Kindly update.

How long after oath ceremony should I expect the citizenship certificate in the mail? Need to travel in first week of November.

Bcer

Star Member
Jul 6, 2021
July 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

Hamilton office

please update tracker :

Hamilton office

Application received : 19th June 2019
AOR sent : 28th August 2019
start processing application : 9th October 2019
Citizenship test completed : 6th May 2021
Decision Made : 16th Aug 2021
Oath scheduled : 5th Oct 2021 (no email invite received yet)

itzzamit

Mar 2, 2015
Hi, Is there anyone in this group who received an oath invite for Oct 6th. I'm looking for guidance here. Can some one share or provide insights on the following:
1. Is there only one time for a specific date (say for Oct 6th) morning only?I have been engaged as a speaker for a global conference that was confirmed several months ago. I called CIC to understand if she can confirm the timing but they said you will get an email a week prior to Oct 6th. I'm scheduled to speak at 11am on Oct 6th. Though I have asked the organizers to move me an alternative time.
2. If one does give a request to be rescheduled, does this take too long to come through?
@rajkamalmohanram -Would appreciate your insights or anyone who may have had to reschedule?

Thanks a lot and I look forward to your expert advice and insights.

ansh

Aug 2, 2013
I have applied for citizenship in June, 2019. My wife applied on Oct,2020. Both done citizenship test in August. Now waiting for Oath Invitation. Nothing still updated even in online status. Any suggestion how long to wait ? :)

GokulGuruprasad

Oct 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
I have applied for citizenship in June, 2019. My wife applied on Oct,2020. Both done citizenship test in August. Now waiting for Oath Invitation. Nothing still updated even in online status. Any suggestion how long to wait ? :)
The general going period these days is about 2 months after test for DM.
And another 2 months for oath.
However, it varies from office to office.

Bcer

Star Member
Jul 6, 2021
September 2019 - Citizenship Applicants
HalifaxFamily (2)

Hi,

We got our oath taking email last Wednesday, September 1st. Our oath taking is on September 15, 2021 at 10.15am our time.
We had our interview on June 8, 2021.
Good luck to all of us guys. Thank you to all of you. This is it!

Bcer

Star Member
Jul 6, 2021
WinnipegFamily
Plz update tracker…Hello Hello…guys…. I just got update for Oath ceremony…. I am scheduled for the same on Oct 4…. Al the best for all my fellas ……

Bcer

Star Member
Jul 6, 2021
WATERLOO, ON

guys I just got the invite for the ceremony today!!!!!!

1. Passed the test in June 2021
2. Got my oath ceremony invite Sept 23rd (WATERLOO, ON) - will take place on October 5th 2021

Bcer

Star Member
Jul 6, 2021
October 2019 - Citizenship Applicants
  • Citizenship Application: Single
Anyone in same boat as me?
Gave my test on Apr 16. I checked the online tracker in August and it says everything is complete and now my oath is on Sept 21 and that i should recieve details regarding that soon.. But i still did not recieve anything..no email no postal letter. I tried contacting cic twice throught the web form and both time they just sent a generic response that we will get in touch with you if need be.. What should I do?

Bcer

Star Member
Jul 6, 2021
October 2019 - Citizenship Applicants
My daughter and I had our virtual oathtaking today. Acquiring Canadian Citizenship has been almost 2 years in the making for me. I even thought of canceling my application since it's been more than a year and no update at all. But when I've made up my mind to just cancel it, a test invite came and from there I knew I was meant to continue this. Some of you are still waiting for an update but what I've learned from this is to be patient and just be patient alone. When it's time, it will happen.

I just want to thank everyone who's been patiently replying to my queries and for other members of this group too. Thanks to the admins who's keeping track of all the updates and patiently updating the tracker too. Hoping and praying for everyone to get their citizenship and may we all be safe during this pandemic.. ❤