+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Good news summary post Oath invitation in September 2021

Bcer

Star Member
Jul 6, 2021
November 2020 - Citizenship Application
Hi Folks,
My mom's application's status was updated to shceduled for oath on Feb 9. Now I have two questions: 1- My mom is going to be abroad from Sep 30 to March 03. How can I rescheulde this oath? 2- is the oath going to be online? Can she take it from outside of Canada?
Thanks
Her application was sent in Nov, got the AOR on March 30th.

Bcer

Star Member
Jul 6, 2021
December 2019 - Citizenship Application
Calgary

Hello guys, I was a silent member, just wanna let you guys know that me and my wife got the Oath scheduled for September 23rd (applied in December 2019, citizenship test invite and pass in April, DM in July and today the Oath invite)

Bcer

Star Member
Jul 6, 2021
December 2019 - Citizenship Application
London

Finally saw the update in tracker for Oath Schedule.
Awaiting the Oath invite.
Below is my timeline. Please update.

Office - The worst one - London
App. Sent: November 28, 2019
App. Delivered: December 2, 2019
AOR: February 12, 2020
In Process : Feb 20, 2020
Test Invite : Apr 14, 2021
Test Passed : Apr 20, 2021
Decision Made : Sep 14, 2021
Oath scheduled : Sep 28, 2021

Bcer

Star Member
Jul 6, 2021
January 2020 - citizenship application
Calgary
Completed Oath on September 01. Very straight forward process.
All my items on the new tracker are marked as completed including the oath ceremony, but status still indicates the application is in process. Ecas status says decision made. Sent my signed oath form a few hours after the ceremony. Is this normal?
Thanks all for the wonderful help everyone has provided through this journey and i really really wish everyone a speedy finish to their applications. We all will get there! Some sooner, some later.

Bcer

Star Member
Jul 6, 2021
TorontoSingle

Hi All,

After completing my Oath last Wednesday Sep 1st 2021 could see that the status has been updated as Completed in the tracker as well as Ecas status.
Does this status appear after the Citizenship certificate has been dispatched ?

Bcer

Star Member
Jul 6, 2021
Received citizenship ceremony date today…. Scheduled on 22nd september. Mississauga office. Please update tracker. Wont be able to vote in this federal election though..! All the best to all patiently waiting… its coming soon.

Bcer

Star Member
Jul 6, 2021
Mississauga
I am a Jan 2020 applicant from Mississauga and I just noticed that my oath ceremony has been scheduled for Sept 28th. It changed today morning. I have a work related travel to the US that I cannot reschedule, on the same day. I will be returning to Canada in the first week of October by air & I read somewhere that we have to cut our PR cards during the ceremony. I am worried about how I would be able to return if I take the oath and loose my PR card.

Is it possible to request IRCC to reschedule my oath ceremony? Has anyone done this before? If you have, how soon does IRCC reschedule?

Like everyone else in this group, the wait has been really long and I really want to get the oath done too.

Bcer

Star Member
Jul 6, 2021
Scarborough

I received the Citizenship Certificate either on Friday or today (I am thinking late Friday coz i didn't check my mailbox on Friday).

Completed my oath on Sep 1st 2021. Processing office is Scarborough.
Now need to apply for my passport. All the best to everyone. Will update my timelines for post Oath ceremony.