+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Good news summary post Oath invitation in September 2021

Bcer

Star Member
Jul 6, 2021
At this difficult time, I want to summarize the good news here so that everyone can avoid searching.

Yes. The purpose I check every day, in addition to my own updates, the good news of others will also bring me comfort.

I am trying to find the first person in the forum who received the Oath invitation in September.

Bcer

Star Member
Jul 6, 2021
January 2020 - citizenship application
Oath done!! :)

Everything was smooth until the singing of the anthem part. It was nothing short of a virtual disaster! The anthem was stopped midway and we stopped as well, then it happened again in the second try, I ignored and kept on singing which I think encouraged the others to sing without music :D And it was the bilingual version, so that didn't help either :D

Although my office is Ottawa, the judge was from Montreal, and French was more prevalent in the ceremony than usual of what I read around here. It also seemed that more than half of the attendees were francophone. The oath was recited in French first than in English, so many butchered that first recitation, and in order to compensate, the anglophones started shouting the oath during the English recitation :D

Anyhow, it did work smooth in the end, but the judge didn't stay around for photos :( I managed to take a couple of screenshots when I learned that.

Good luck everyone!

Bcer

Star Member
Jul 6, 2021
August 2020 - Citizenship application
Finally ... Done with my Oath today and went to the IRCC office and picked up my citizenship certificate after an hour!:)

Went to the Passport office and submitted my application an hour ago for urgent processing as my flight is on Sep 10th! :)

Can't believe IRCC processed my application's last few steps blazing fast !!!

Bcer

Star Member
Jul 6, 2021
July 2019 - Citizenship Applicants
Hello all! Vancouver single applicant here. Got my DM on June 22, 2021 and my online oath invite yesterday. Been scheduled for Sep 17, 2021. For all the applicants (especially Vancouver ones) who recently took the oath online, how long did it take from start (log in) to finish (log off)? Trying to plan my work schedule around this. Thanks.

Bcer

Star Member
Jul 6, 2021
August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants
I checked my application status yesterday, it showed my oath ceremony will be held in Feb 2022. I’m happy and confused: why they schedule my ceremony 6 months after today? Is that normal?

Bcer

Star Member
Jul 6, 2021
Oath done!! :)
Everything was smooth until the singing of the anthem part. It was nothing short of a virtual disaster! The anthem was stopped midway and we stopped as well, then it happened again in the second try, I ignored and kept on singing which I think encouraged the others to sing without music :D And it was the bilingual version, so that didn't help either :D
Although my office is Ottawa, the judge was from Montreal, and French was more prevalent in the ceremony than usual of what I read around here. It also seemed that more than half of the attendees were francophone. The oath was recited in French first than in English, so many butchered that first recitation, and in order to compensate, the anglophones started shouting the oath during the English recitation :D
Anyhow, it did work smooth in the end, but the judge didn't stay around for photos :( I managed to take a couple of screenshots when I learned that.
Good luck everyone!

Bcer

Star Member
Jul 6, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I just completed my Oath ceremony. Although my processing office is in Calgary, the oath was hosted from Winnipeg, MB. I will update again once I receive the certificate.
Thanks everyone for the support and good luck.

Bcer

Star Member
Jul 6, 2021
October 2019 - Citizenship Applicants
Hi,

Can anyone please update the tracker. My application updated for oath ceremony on Sep 15th. But I still haven't received the invite via email. How long before do they send the email with instructions, does anyone know?

Bcer

Star Member
Jul 6, 2021
December 2019 - Citizenship Application
Please could someone update the tracker

name - thenumbiceman (iceman)
(Applied December 2019)

Test Invite (second time) Jun 9
Test Jun 16
Oath scheduled - Sept 1
Status - ECAS - "You became a citizen on Sept 1"

Thanks everyone! I hope your applications move faster!