+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Going to Miss my Test/Interview date

selina1920

May 21, 2014
jeleni said:
It's for you to take the risk or not. I also missed my test when I was out of the country for 6 weeks. I called CIC from outside Canada using a number that I searched from this forum informing them that I can't attend the test. But CIC agent told me that my call can't be put on my notes. So i asked what's the purpose of asking us to call. She said that in order for us to know what to do next. In short, I was asked to do a letter and explain.

As soon as I got back, I wrote a letter to CIC. That letter will be up to local office's discretion if they will accept your explanation. It it's valid or not. That's the risk. It's either they will accept or refund your fee and you re-apply. In my case, I was blessed to have my test rescheduled in almost 5 months. As of now, I'm just waiting for the day of my oath on July 7th.

Contemplate on it and ask yourself "Should I take the risk?"
hi jeleni
when did u missed u test? when did u receive the new test day? which office does ur case located?
did u do anything to push the officer give u the new date faster?
i missed my test on feb. still wait

tormenta

Mar 3, 2014
I may be wrong, but one of the triggers for RQ is a recent stamp showing entry into Canada, so even if you rush to make it to the test you may still get RQed.

FL1040

Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manachinu said:
I am back on 30th..

i didn't inform CIC that I am leaving the country... Didn't think that was required.

I plan to write a letter and fax it to CIC explaining why I need to reschedule.
It is not required but you should have called and ask them not to schedule anything during those days...Get a ticket and come and take the exam...If you don't give a hoot why should CIC?...they have thousands of cases to deal with

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i would even lend some money if i don't have enough and buy a new ticket.

jeleni

Jan 13, 2006
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug. 2010 - Parent Sponsorship
Doc's Request.
July 30, '14/submitted on 9/12/14
AOR Received.
Dec. 8, 2014
File Transfer...
Jan. 27 '15 to Ottawa (Sponsor's ECAS - DM Feb.2 '15)
Med's Request
May 16,'15
Med's Done....
May 20,'15 w/ addtl test Aug. 24, '15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep. 30, 2015 / Submitted: Oct. 6, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2015
selina1920 said:
hi jeleni
when did u missed u test? when did u receive the new test day? which office does ur case located?
did u do anything to push the officer give u the new date faster?
i missed my test on feb. still wait
Hi Selina,

I missed my test on Dec. 16, 2013. I got the new test date for May 6, 2014. My local office is in Surrey, BC. I just wrote them a letter and explained why i missed the test and attached copy of my tickets as per call agent's suggestion. I did a few calls to CIC to find out if they received my letter, if I will be rescheduled and when will be my test. On my last call, that was Apr. 17th, 2014 in the morning, I was informed that the letter for May 6th test was already mailed on Apr. 14th. True enough, I got the notice in the afternoon.

Try calling CIC and they might give you an idea if the local office accepted your reason and if they will reschedule your test. That's what I got from my 2nd call, they told me that I should be rescheduled and wait until May. But then, I already received the notice on April.

Yesterday, July 7th, I just did my oath! Thank God, I'm done.

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jeleni said:
Hi Selina,

I missed my test on Dec. 16, 2013. I got the new test date for May 6, 2014. My local office is in Surrey, BC. I just wrote them a letter and explained why i missed the test and attached copy of my tickets as per call agent's suggestion. I did a few calls to CIC to find out if they received my letter, if I will be rescheduled and when will be my test. On my last call, that was Apr. 17th, 2014 in the morning, I was informed that the letter for May 6th test was already mailed on Apr. 14th. True enough, I got the notice in the afternoon.

Try calling CIC and they might give you an idea if the local office accepted your reason and if they will reschedule your test. That's what I got from my 2nd call, they told me that I should be rescheduled and wait until May. But then, I already received the notice on April.

Congrats!

it's not always true then that when you reschedule the test date, your file will go non-routine :)

jeleni

Jan 13, 2006
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Dec. 8, 2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
May 16,'15
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2015
charmed10-2013 said:
Congrats!

it's not always true then that when you reschedule the test date, your file will go non-routine :)
Thanks Charmed!

I think, it is still considered as non-routine because I was not under normal processing anymore but rescheduling your test doesn't necessarily mean you'll get an RQ. But I still don't wanna advice anybody to reschedule as much as possible. It's very hard to wait. Most of the time, you dont know what's going on with your application :(

selina1920

May 21, 2014
jeleni said:
Hi Selina,

Congrats!
really happy for u.
i called cic, the agent said they accepted my explaination, but don't know when the officer will give me a new day :'(
my case is processing by st.clair toronto. from feb 12 to july 20, it's more than 5 months now
hope i can get the day asap

jeleni

Jan 13, 2006
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Dec. 8, 2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
May 16,'15
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2015
selina1920 said:
Congrats!
really happy for u.
i called cic, the agent said they accepted my explaination, but don't know when the officer will give me a new day :'(
my case is processing by st.clair toronto. from feb 12 to july 20, it's more than 5 months now
hope i can get the day asap
Thanks!

With that info from the agent, I think you'll get your test date soon. Maybe, you can start reading the book so by the time you get your date, it will be easier for you.

Sometimes the agent will say they don't know. Maybe because they don't wanna look at your files that long. But it can happen that they say they don't know but there's something cooking in the kitchen :) It happened to me when I called asking about my oath date. I called on a Thursday and agent said no schedule yet but i am on a line up. On Monday, I checked my ecas and oath was sent Friday, one day after my call

laxmikanthms

Dec 31, 2009
Toronto,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-07-2009
Doc's Request.
Feb-02-2010
AOR Received.
June-14-2010
IELTS Request
Already Done
File Transfer...
Feb-10-2010
Med's Request
Nov-01-2010
Med's Done....
Dec-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-13-2011
LANDED..........
May-07-2010 (Before PR Approval on Workpermit)
Is it true - travelling outside canada after submitting citizenship application will trigger RQ..what is the reason for that?

laxmikanthms

Dec 31, 2009
Toronto,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-07-2009
Doc's Request.
Feb-02-2010
AOR Received.
June-14-2010
IELTS Request
Already Done
File Transfer...
Feb-10-2010
Med's Request
Nov-01-2010
Med's Done....
Dec-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-13-2011
LANDED..........
May-07-2010 (Before PR Approval on Workpermit)
Is it true - travelling outside canada after submitting citizenship application will trigger RQ..what is the reason for that?

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
laxmikanthms said:
I have to say that questions like this are really frustrating to me because they can freak people out for no reason and lead them astray by suggesting that something's a problem but offering no evidence or context.

We need to be careful not to imagine extra problems or constraints.

Short answer: No.
Longer answer: Moving away from Canada (more or less) permanently after application submittal can cause problems, as can traveling to your home country at any point before citizenship if you came to Canada as a refugee. Also, while PRs are allowed to travel, they do need to meet their PR residency obligation (2 years in Canada out of 5 years). So if "traveling" means moving to the South Pole for 4 years, than that would be a problem because citizenship applicants need to be current PRs up until the day they take the Oath and unless you're living with a penguin who has Canadian citizenship or working for the Canadian consulate at the South Pole, you'll probably lose your PR status due to not meeting the residency obligation.

manachinu

Star Member
Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FYI...I have received a letter from CIC and they rescheduled my test for Sep 17th.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manachinu said:
FYI...I have received a letter from CIC and they rescheduled my test for Sep 17th.
Congratulations Manachinu and thank you for the report!