+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Going to Miss my Test/Interview date

manachinu

Star Member
Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received letter for test and interview in vancouver but I am out of the country. I have to contact them and explain why I need to reschedule. Does anyone have a template for rescheduling of test, also can I email them instead of fax.. I am in India and they don't have fax facilities for Canada :-(

FYI.. My test date is 24th June

springtime

Star Member
May 5, 2014
manachinu said:
I received letter for test and interview in vancouver but I am out of the country. I have to contact them and explain why I need to reschedule. Does anyone have a template for rescheduling of test, also can I email them instead of fax.. I am in India and they don't have fax facilities for Canada :-(

How long you are planing? When did you go?did you tell CIC that you're not in Canada in this period?

manachinu

Star Member
Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am back on 30th..

i didn't inform CIC that I am leaving the country... Didn't think that was required.

I plan to write a letter and fax it to CIC explaining why I need to reschedule.

springtime

Star Member
May 5, 2014
manachinu said:
I am back on 30th..

i didn't inform CIC that I am leaving the country... Didn't think that was required.

I plan to write a letter and fax it to CIC explaining why I need to reschedule.
Ohhh sorry! that means you will miss your test only for 6 days? can you change your ticket?
Any way you have to let them know as soon as you make your decision, and as soon as you get here Call them to make sure they received your letter regarding the cancellation.
In my opinion it's very important to make sure they got your letter.
I read on this forum that if you reschedule a test or ceremony it takes time depending on your local office.

polarbear

Sep 17, 2012
manachinu said:

If you say you are out of the country, CIC may send you RQ, think again :-X

May2014

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Yes indeed you are heading towards a RQ !!! If I where y I would. Come f my test and if asked in interview about the latest entry stamp .. Give a very good explanation towards ur unannounced absence

manachinu

Star Member
Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My tickets cant be changed...so i am gonna write a letter to CIC and see what happens. I am out of country so its late anyways..

Is there a number to contact CIC outside of Canada. I tried the 1-888 # but doesnt work via SIP Call..

manachinu

Star Member
Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
May2014 said:
Yes indeed you are heading towards a RQ !!! If I where y I would. Come f my test and if asked in interview about the latest entry stamp .. Give a very good explanation towards ur unannounced absence
Guess the RQ will delay the entire process ? I am already out of country and not much i can do at this time.

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If I were you, I'd change my flight as soon as possible. All you're going to have is a rescheduled test in 6 months (best case) or RQ (worst and very likely case). In my opinion (and it's none of my business), It's not worth it for 10 days vacation.

jeleni

Jan 13, 2006
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug. 2010 - Parent Sponsorship
Doc's Request.
July 30, '14/submitted on 9/12/14
AOR Received.
Dec. 8, 2014
File Transfer...
Jan. 27 '15 to Ottawa (Sponsor's ECAS - DM Feb.2 '15)
Med's Request
May 16,'15
Med's Done....
May 20,'15 w/ addtl test Aug. 24, '15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep. 30, 2015 / Submitted: Oct. 6, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2015
It's for you to take the risk or not. I also missed my test when I was out of the country for 6 weeks. I called CIC from outside Canada using a number that I searched from this forum informing them that I can't attend the test. But CIC agent told me that my call can't be put on my notes. So i asked what's the purpose of asking us to call. She said that in order for us to know what to do next. In short, I was asked to do a letter and explain.

As soon as I got back, I wrote a letter to CIC. That letter will be up to local office's discretion if they will accept your explanation. It it's valid or not. That's the risk. It's either they will accept or refund your fee and you re-apply. In my case, I was blessed to have my test rescheduled in almost 5 months. As of now, I'm just waiting for the day of my oath on July 7th.

Contemplate on it and ask yourself "Should I take the risk?"

May2014

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Even if u can't change ur tickets , refund and buy new one !!! If they ask y to reapply y will be under the new law with all it's disadvantages ... Sm ppl just dream t be in ur shoes ! Anyways it is ur choice with consequences !

hobbes

Star Member
Mar 20, 2008
You should be aware that a recent entry stamp into Canada (or exit stamp from another country) is thought to be a potential RQ trigger. If you attend the test, you might be unlucky and get a post-test RQ. Still in my opinion, the right thing to do is to spend whatever it takes and show up for your test.

Good luck.